Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ideal 10m Healer #

Long story short, our guild just switched to a 10m from a 25m. We were 10/14H as a 25m and after raiding as a 10m for two weeks we are back to where we left off at 10/14H and we are currently working on Thok. We were all well versed in 25m strategies but are a tiny bit lacking in 10m strategies. We have grasped mechanics fine so far (with a few sneaky exceptions on our first week ) but my real question is for those who have Heroic 10m experience and how many healers they bring to each fight. Obviously some fights like spoils require 2 for the most part but it would be awesome if people could shed some light on how many healers they use for their 10m Heroic fights...thanks

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We two healed everything except Iron Juggernaut and Thok.

Some guilds also three heal Paragons, which is dependent on your DPS and what kinda healers you have (having a couple DPS healers is preferably, like disc/MW).

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin/druid/shaman is nice for thok. have not killed it but at least that what ive read here.

Disc priest overall is pretty good for many fights if you have trouble with healing but need that tiny extra bit of dps.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

TBH Really just depends on your healers and your overall groups skill on how many you need besides the fights where its obvious you 2 or 3 heal them :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    We two healed everything except Iron Juggernaut and Thok.

Some guilds also three heal Paragons, which is dependent on your DPS and what kinda healers you have (having a couple DPS healers is preferably, like disc/MW).
    We are also 10/14HM and we 2 heal most fights with a Rdruid(me)/Hpally. The only fights we 3 heal on that are farm are:

Immersus: Namely because DPS is never an issue, and its useful to have more healing for blue blobs at the end, which normally saves us more phase 1's than an extra dps.

Iron Jug: Once again, we're killing Jug before, or during the very beginning of the 2nd siege mode, so DPS isn't an issue, and its nice to have more heals b/c there tends to be more spike damage on this fight if someone gets caught by a saw blade and the earth spikes.

Nazgrim: Honestly I hate healing this fight b/c its so boring, but having an extra dps just makes it so you get him sub 10% and can risk having 3 waves of adds up at once, Safer to just 3 heal it and push him down normally, no issue with enrage timers.

Thok: We are trying out both 2 healing and 3 healing, but I think we'll end up three healing it.

Honestly this tier, I wish we had a Disc priest or a MW monk because on soooo many fights even 2 heals feels like too much, i'd love to be able to heal with a disc priest going mostly atonement except during high damage phases.

Use 2 healers on every fight except 3 on Immerseus, Iron Juggernaut, and Thok, and 1 on Nazgrim. If you have the healers to use 4 on Thok, it might be easier depending on your healing comp and CDs. Getting to 27+ stacks each phase means 3 minute CDs will be back up by the same point in the next rotation. Some groups 1 heal Garrosh because Paragon did it when they didn't have the DPS because of bad gear early on, but it's just not necessary at this point and makes it much more difficult.

Two healed every fight except Juggernaut and Immerseus. You can even single heal a few of them on progression (Siegecrafter, Garrosh for example). Thok is doable with two healers, but it depends on your comp. We 1 tank, 2 heal it, but I recognize a lot of people do it differently.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-02-02 at 03:16 AM.

Deleted
    2 heal everything but Immerseus, Juggernaut, Thok. Used disc/holy + resto druid and ele OS resto shaman.

15+ Year Old Account
    Used two healers for everything except Thok (although with the nerfs that can easily be done with only two healers as well). Running rdruid+disc.

Disc priest, they heal just as much(well, more than everyone outside a stack situation) as any other healer and they do an extra 130-150k dps.

It's more about healer synergy than a healer "stand-alone".
    Paladins and Priests can be awesome al-round, with shamans and druids being more situational. MW monks are better for 25M rather than 10M.

get a shaman, they are so good this tier its not funny
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    the obvious choice is disc priest. their dps while healing makes a huge difference.
    but any healer will do.

Deleted
    We run Holy Paladin, Resto Druid and Disc priest with offspec shadow.

Immerseus: 3, Protectors: 3, Norushen: 2, Sha: 2, Galakras: 2, Jugg: 3, Dshamans: 3, Nazgrim: 3, Malk: 2, Spoils: 2, Thok 3, Siegecrafter: 2 and will be running 3 on Klaxxi.

No reason not go 3 if the DPS allows it and it increases survivability. Like siegecrafter hc we can go 3, but there's no gain in survivability to do so. If shit hits the fan on the fight, which it does, 3 or 2 healing would not make a difference.
    Last edited by mmocd16ecf1e21; 2014-02-02 at 10:06 AM.

Deleted
    Number of healers we used on progress:

Immerseus - 3
    Fallen Protectors - 3
    Norushen - 2 (Prenerf)
    Sha - 2
    Galakras - 3
    Iron Juggernaut - 3
    Shamans - 3 (and 3 tank)
    Nazgrim - 2
    Malkorok - 2
    Spoils - 2
    Thok - 3 (1 tank)
    Blackfuse - 2
    Paragons - 2
    Garrosh - 2

Hope it helps. Good luck!

Deleted
    We used 2 healers for everything (although an offspec druid was used for thok progression and i believe jugger progression) but with the gear people have today 2 should be fine.

I like the Idea of having
    2- tanks one with dps off spec
    5 - Dps
    3 - healers, at least one of which with a dps offspec

Just make sure you have 3 people capable of healing with at least 1 who can also DPS.
    Weather you 2 or 3 heal progression not only depends on healer skill, but heavily depends on group comp. It's much easier to 2 heal fights when you have 2 or more hybrid healers (Ele Shaman, Boomkin, Shadow Priest)

We've 3 healed most fights for our first kill, (9/14H) with the exception of Juggernaut and Nazgrim, and obviously will 2 heal Spoils. Since then we've 2 healed everything as well except for Juggernaut.

Deleted
    We're 11/14hc and currently working on Siegecrafter hc (20% wipe last night T_T)

Our DPS is never an issue, so for ease, we 3 healed Immerseus and Iron Juggernaut. If you have a lot of support specs (Ele/Enh Shaman, Balance Druid/Spriest) that can provide extra healing on Iron Juggernaut (where you get knocked back) then you can quite easily 2 heal that, and just rely on extra tides/tranq.

We found 2 healing Thok to be so much easier.

We run with a Disc/HPala. I think we were getting to 10 stacks on the first stack phase, 8 stacks on Bat Stack Phase, 10 stacks on Frost Stack Phase, then Stacking as soon as possible in the fire phase to get him into a final kite phase.

Ofc, made it a bit easier that playing a Prot Paladin allowed me to effectively look after myself for the entire fight, apart from when I needed the occasional external.

Siegecrafter is a lot of fun, it's like [Don't Stand In Fire: Level 9000].

Only problem with Disc/HPala on Siegecrafter is the lack of heals that go out during magnetic crush, where the raid relies on personal CD's, HTT from Ele Shaman + Vamp Embrace from SPriest, oh and Healthstones!

TLDR: Disc is excellent in 10man.

You can 2 heal everything but it's probably easier to 3 heal Juggernaut and Thok since the DPS shouldn't be an issue.