Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If it was that easy we wouldn't even have unemployed people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    move to where jobs are
    "Well, just move! Duh!"

With what money? You're going to need to rent a truck, and find 3 months worth of rent, plus various other expenses.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    jee, where the fuck do you think I looked? When all there is available is min wage or low paying jobs, that's not a choice at all.

Stop pretending there's any real choice here.
    i looked online to and had 3 interviews and all were double minimum.....lol
    i had a choice, not sure what you are talking about
    maybe stop pretending there are only minimum wage jobs out there, you are a fucking idiot liar and you know it kid
    that what is funny
    so you all claim the only jobs in the world are minimum wage.....get your heads out of your asses
    cause that is what you are saying....that their are only minimum wage jobs out there......lol
    im done, cant hold a conversation with idiot kids who blame everything they do in life on others
    bye, enjoy your shit lives kids

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-02-02 at 03:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can look online and in the news papers, there are more jobs above minimum than at minimum, why not take those jobs, all im saying
    and when you agree to work for minimum then you shouldnt whine after you agree to it
    shouldnt you take responsability for your own actions....you took the job, you made that decision, no one forced you to take any job.
    only a child blames others for their own actions
    With that logic why not just make the minimum wage a dollar? I mean if it's the job that matters and not the whole...being able to survive thing, then why bother making any money? Oh right...you can't do anything if you're starved. Also by keeping the minimum wage at such a dismal amount, you're making it so that the government and the public (yes you) subsidize these people's lives. Someone has to fork over more money or the system will only get more and more broken. Personally I'd rather the CEOs and executives of the world help shoulder the burden instead of the middle class taxpayers.

I honestly don't understand why there is a question of whether or not it should be raised...I mean there is a lot of reasons for it and only a few reasons against. Unless you're a board member of a major corporation, I cant see why someone would be against raising it.
    Last edited by xChurch; 2014-02-02 at 03:11 AM.

Here's the real kicker in the minimum wage argument ...

Republicans don't want to raise the minimum wage, claiming it will lose jobs (studies show it doesn't affect jobs).
    Republicans also want to cut social programs like food stamps and welfare. These people should work for a living they say.

The problem is a lot of people, who work full time, need assistance to live. The minimum wage isn't sufficient to live on. Those people qualify for government assistance.

So, if you simply raise the wages, you'll get a group of people off public assistance, and you won't hurt jobs. Why is this so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Who forced me to take this job? The economy and the lack of jobs that I could apply for! That's who! All those fucking asshole employees who demand experience before I can gain experience locked me out of at least HALF the jobs I could have applied for, bullshit retail jobs or customer service jobs anyone can do, but they 'want experience." And of the other half? Maybe 3 of them followed up for an interview.

THATS why I'm "forced" to take a low paying job.
    those punk ass jobs just put that there to scare away scared people. you know if the job requires experience or not, like trying to being a server at a high end restaurant vs applebees. of course high end place requires exp, applebees i dont care what they say, if they like the way you look, talk and carry yourself you will get the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    If it was that easy we wouldn't even have unemployed people.
    Obviously we wouldn't have unemployed people if not for the sabotage by elitist liberals.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Shitty jobs aren't going to do themselves. Someone has to do it so you don't have to. But fuck them, right?
    i never said that but you did....lol good try kid but fuck you for being an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Balazaar View Post
    Here's the real kicker in the minimum wage argument ...

Republicans don't want to raise the minimum wage, claiming it will lose jobs (studies show it doesn't affect jobs).
    Republicans also want to cut social programs like food stamps and welfare. These people should work for a living they say.

The problem is a lot of people, who work full time, need assistance to live. The minimum wage isn't sufficient to live on. Those people qualify for government assistance.

So, if you simply raise the wages, you'll get a group of people off public assistance, and you won't hurt jobs. Why is this so hard to understand?
    coming from a long time republican have no fear, for they are a dying breed.

10+ Year Old Account
    so you are telling me the only job available is starbucks.....ok
    well you are looking for jobs then
    move to where jobs are if the only one hiring....which is bullshit and you know it, is starbucks
    Nah, there are plenty of others, but they;re all min wage. Waitressing, fast food. Apparently by virtue of having a degree Im overqualified for a lot of the other jobs. Ive also been looking out of state. haven't heard back one bit.

BTW, the North Dakota oil fields tend to already require experience and not hire women for those that dont require experience because of physical limitations.

10+ Year Old Account
    i never said that but you did....lol good try kid but fuck you for being an idiot
    Given your constant use of "lol" and apparent inability to use capital letters, I doubt you are old enough to call most, if any, of the people here "kid".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Nah, there are plenty of others, but they;re all min wage. Waitressing, fast food. Apparently by virtue of having a degree Im overqualified for a lot of the other jobs. Ive also been looking out of state. haven't heard back one bit.

BTW, the North Dakota oil fields tend to already require experience and not hire women for those that dont require experience because of physical limitations.
    really, well here are a list of jobs.....all above minimum in your area
    http://www.indeed.com/jobs?l=North+D...n-2-Search-BMM
    starbucks was not listed

Here's the real problem with wages...

Let's just say there's a labour shortage in the field of widgetry. The market solution would be to increase the pay in all levels of widgetry in order to attract more people to the field of widgetry.

What ACTUALLY happens, is that the billionaire widget co CEO calls up his local congressman and says "Hey, I hear you're planning to run for reelection, I can make a generous donation to your campaign, but you have to convince the powers that be that we should increase the inlet of working class immigration in the field of widgetry from random country in east-central asia where some billion dollar western corporation bought a bunch of pilfered tungsen ore from some revolutionary paramilitary group recently that allowed them to buy a bunch of guns to cause a shit load of political turmoil so people are scrambling to get the fuck out of there and will take jobs in the field of widgetry for pennies on the dollar.

And then despite natural supply and demand indicating higher wages and better working conditions, the exact opposite ends up happening.

You said that people aren't forced to take a job so people that do shouldn't complain. But the reality of it is that at the end of the day, somebody must work those jobs. Not everyone gets a choice. If everyone could choose, they wouldn't be cleaning bathrooms. So yes, they do have a right to complain. Because they're doing everyone else a favor by taking the shit jobs.

All I did was take your words to their logical conclusion, which requires a bit more thought than "fuck you for being an idiot".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    starbucks was not listed
    Can you do us all a favour and lay out your whole argument against raising the minimum wage in one concise post? So far it seems like it boils down to: Don't choose and low paying job and don't complain about it if you do...because...reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    starbucks was not listed
    I'm in Texas. I've also applied to those types of jobs down here. guess what? No reply, or when I do its to tell me they hired someone with a lot more experience than me. Hense going back to grad school and taking a min wage job in the meantime.

10+ Year Old Account
    The scars of Wal-mart live ever so.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I read the article. The problem is, all it does is give statistics on WHO is working for minimum wage. Here's the problem. It doesn't mean the wage shouldn't be increased. If we increase it to, say, $9/hour, then that number goes up. There are a lot of people working just above the minimum wage, and they're still not making a livable income. Also from the article:

Unfortunately, the government does not produce such a number. Luckily for the discussion at hand, the BLS does track labor productivity of food service workers. Because food service workers represent 44 percent of all minimum wage earners, this series is a pretty fair proxy for the productivity gains of minimum wage workers.
    Not even half. We're gonna use statistics that don't even include HALF of these workers....

And I can't take the rest of the article seriously either, because most of it is just blah blah liberals are bad blah blah. I'm not even gonna quote the last paragraph, because its stupidity makes me want to scream.

The reality is that no matter how educated you are, how talented you are, how much of an amazing person you are....... you may be left with no choice but to take a minimum wage job. The fact is that there are more people than jobs available and of those jobs, a very large percentage of them are low to minimum wage. The reason minimum wage is bad is because it is not based on a living wage. You cannot survive on minimum wage unless you are working 80 hours a week, which is ridiculous. Nobody should have to do that just to live. But this is just a small part of a much bigger problem in this country that people like to talk about, but ignore when it comes time to do something. Things are probably going to get worse before they get better, but it has to happen. The economy is broken and is going to fail by design....it is just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I read the article. The problem is, all it does is give statistics on WHO is working for minimum wage. Here's the problem. It doesn't mean the wage shouldn't be increased. If we increase it to, say, $9/hour, then that number goes up. There are a lot of people working just above the minimum wage, and they're still not making a livable income. Also from the article:

Not even half. We're gonna use statistics that don't even include HALF of these workers....

And I can't take the rest of the article seriously either, because most of it is just blah blah liberals are bad blah blah. I'm not even gonna quote the last paragraph, because its stupidity makes me want to scream.
    Someone raises that point in the comment section and he said about 20% are in like hotels, nail salons things like that. He also says, "Why is it “true” that full time work should be enough to meet all your basic needs (which is undefined anyway)? Workers get paid what they are worth, not what it costs to support them".