Poll: Best Vietnam War Movie?

Deleted

[Movies] Favorite Vietnam War Movie

I know there are many more but I prefer just to include the most well known for the overall quality and actor performances.

Vote!

Deleted
    Platoon and Full Metal Jacket are the only acceptable answers here.

Other.

Oliver Stones Heaven and Earth.

Colonel Kurtz monolog in Apocalypse Now is brilliant though.
    I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies! I remember when I was with Special Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us.*
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Full Metal Jacket and Good Morning Vietnam for me, I know they are two ends of the spectrum but whatever :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Hamburger hill and platoon but im biased having a uncle who was there for hamburger hill

Apocalypse Now followed by full metal jacket and platoon.

My father would say Platoon is the most realistic Vietnam movie, so it is the best. However, I like Full Metal Jacket and Good Morning Vietnam.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I forgot the best one, but its more of a documentary tbh.
    Dear America -Letters Home From Vietnam

Its a bunch of letters written by soldiers, nurses etc read by famous actors.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't answer this poll, these are some of my favorite movies ever. But if I had a gun pointed at my head, I think I'd go for The Deer Hunter. Or Apocalypse Now. Or Full Metal Jacket. Fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have only seen 3 of the movies listed Platoon, Full Metal Jacket and Good Morning, Vietnam but If I had to pick one it would be Platoon.

Apocalypse Now, that scene where they fly in with ride of the valkyries playing is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    This poll is soooo hard to answer
    no kidding.....i dontthink i can pick just one lol

I love them all but I have say I prefer FMJ. The first half is just exhilarating to watch every time.

Platoon, probably, followed by Full Metal Jacket. I'm also fond of a little known smaller movie called The Siege of Firebase Gloria.