Thread: WoD CC removal

WoD CC removal

With all the talk of reducing CC what do you think we will lose in the next expansion? As a hunter I can't imagine playing without Scatter or Counter Shot. Our traps are pretty much iconic. Maybe they will remove our level 30 talents?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Deleted
    For PVE.... just remove it all dont care.
    For PVP.... remove scatter+trap+the whole CC tree+pet CC. Then give us a GOOD stun+a proper silence. But i guess they will just remove pet CC.
    Last edited by mmocd658a685e4; 2014-02-02 at 05:50 PM.

Deleted
    All I really want is a stun and an interrupt. Then I don't really care.

Too much CC is annoying imo, but yeah, it's nice if you can manage it properly. I haven't been arsed to learn to manage it properly because I don't do much on my hunter when it comes to PvP except for killing the occasional troublemaker when I'm out in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like Scatter Shot removed, but make Freezing Trap be targetable and reliable, or proc in a way that Binding Shot works (Stand inside the circle, it's all good. Move outside, trapped. 1 person only). Would help button bloat, nerf the CC duration that I hear the PVP community complain about, keep our traps feeling like traps and we still keep reliable CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chances are for hunters we will see increased cooldowns to our traps, with the traps themselves lasting longer in PvE situation. Scatter and Freezing trap will most likely share DR, along with Wyvern sting. Intimidation/Binding Shot will most likely be left alone.

As for Pet abilities, I hope that blizz does an additional revamp of pet abilities, with a choose-pet-buff type thing going on where you can pick your pets own buff, with it being simplified greatly. (Rather then specific names for various pet buffs such as Spirit Beast Blessing/Roar of Courage, or Fearless Roar/Bellowing Roar/Terrifying Roar/Furious Howl, you get Roar of Mastery/Roar of Precision for mastery/crit buffs, ect). Thus, you could get a turtle with Roar of Mastery, or a wolf with Fortify (50% DR CD). BM get access to special "exotic" buffs, such as mortal wound, heal, BR, bloodlust, ect. Thus, hunters can pick a buff or debuff for any pet, and BM gets a special exotic ability. As for CCs, you get either a melee 2 sec stun 90 second CD CC, a 4 second root 60 second CD, or a 6 second slow 10 second CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

My opinion on traps:
    Snake trap: Either make it useful(MoP beta <3) or remove it, currently it's useless
    Explosive Trap: Buff damage but implement some kind of a safety mechanic that it isn't a single target DPS increase(as it was one before they nerfed it when SoO launched)
    AoE slow trap: Tweak to give a slowing debuff that lasts 10 seconds(5 sec PvP) whenever you enter the area rather than being an area that slows, it causes too much annoyance in PvE raids because the moment mobs are out of the area, they move at full speed because the trap overwrites ANY slow.
    Cube trap: More reliable, make it instantly arm and increase trigger radius slightly to compensate for lag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of Scatter Shot and make traps actually traps. Like someone said above Freezing Trap could work like Binding Shot, Explosive Trap could work like ticking time bomb that will detonate after a while and disorient targets around it. and make then share cooldowns so they would all be powerful in some situtation but not too OP in PvP due to CD.

Deleted
    Wod is mainly gonna make instant cc less potent and casted cc more potent.

Healers will lose quite some of their cc, they won't have stuns or snares.
    (For example hpaladins lose hodje, gain repentance baseline, and prot/ret keep hodje and lose repentance).

Blanket silences, will either be cut in half duration or removed, and be replaced by something that's more frequent or less potent.

About pet classes (hunter locks) they are debating whether any pets should even have CC.

They are also looking into baked in cc in rotational spells, for example chim shot slow, conflag slow, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think instant cc is really that bad. I think the main issue is spammable cc (Poly / Fear). All I say when I fight mages / locks is: "Hello, I pay my 15 bucks a month I would like to play my character, please".

first of all the list what we have:
    -scatter
    -freezing trap
    -kick/silence
    -pet cc
    - lvl 30 talent (intimidation/wyvern/binding)
    -narrow escape (if specced)

(remind me if i forgot something)

on to how to cut it down:
    -kick/silence has to stay because of pve
    -narrow escape could be cut or shortened
    -pet cc can be cut completely
    -as nobody even uses intimidation it could be replaced by scatter, but only if the trap changes to a hex-like targetted spell with a short casttime
    that would make an interesting decission between the lvl 30 talents (peel/slightly prolongued cc chain with scatter as it is on a different dr, cross-cc with wyvern, short aoe stun with variing usage)

what would be left?
    -kick/silence
    (-SHORT narrow escape)
    -trap (targetted like hex/poly/fear, but with a casttime)
    -lvl 30 talent

if other classes recieve a similar cut of cc: hot or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    it causes too much annoyance in PvE raids because the moment mobs are out of the area, they move at full speed because the trap overwrites ANY slow.
    Does it still behave this way? I was thinking I read somewhere they changed it to not remove slows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    Does it still behave this way? I was thinking I read somewhere they changed it to not remove slows.
    Nope I am still not allowed to use it in my raids because of above.

It still removed slows as of Tortos. Haven't really tossed it down on anything else since.

If they want to give back "Identity" to the individual specs, maybe just return the appropriate CC to their prior connection.

• Intimidation back to BM only. (maybe something else for BM, I’m not sure as they are still quite dynamic)

• Wyvern and Scatter Shot back to SV only.

• Silencing Shot and throw Binding to MM only.

Counter Shot still available for both BM and SV, an interrupt in just to essential for so many PVE encounters

If they really wanted they could remove any major CC abilities from Hunter pets as well (Even though that would make me a little sad)
    This would be all Stuns, Snares/Roots, Silences and Disorientates.
    Maybe leave disarms as they aren't that OP? and Slows should be fine.
    Convert the pets effected to either other buffs/ debuff or other minor CC abilities.

Traps still available to all specs, possibly condense them a little have a some class specify ones, again to differentiate between the specs, while also have some small different CC options depending on spec)

BM would have
    • Ice Trap – Would remain the same
    • Bear Trap – Would replace Freezing trap. (As similar as to the WOTLK Beta, but make it a snare similar to a druids “Roots ability” and allowing small splash, dot and pet damage to not break the trap straight away)
    • Snake Trap - Would replace Explosive trap. (Snake trap would become a poison, ground based AOE similar to explosive when triggers but would also cause stacking, medium duration and stacking Poison Dot that the longer one stays in it. It would also still apply the mind numbing component of the old trap to anyone effected.)

SV would have
    • Ice Trap – Would remain the same
    • Freezing trap – Would remain the same (Possibly bake in a reduced “Glyph of freezing trap” for flavour but reduce the chill to a 50% reduced speed for 3 seconds)
    • Explosive trap – Would remain the same

MM would Have
    • Cheval trap – Would replace Freezing trap (This trap act the same as Freezing while also putting a mangle/trauma debuff on the targets effected)
    • Freezing Trap – Would remain the same
    • Shrapnel Trap - Would replace Explosive trap. ( Shrapnel trap would become a non-ground pulsing AOE, but once triggered would explode effecting all target in X- radius for a set amount of damage and then X- amount of bleeding damage over the next X- amount of time. This trap would less damage overall than Explosive, but deals a lot more burst AOE Damage)

Anyways, Just my 2 cents. I’m really keen to how they are going to prune CC in general, our CC and abilities, while still keeping them interesting and class specific.
    Last edited by Tannon; 2014-02-06 at 04:14 AM.