Deleted

Shadowpriest VS Affli warlock pvp comparison

Hello there folks,

I am thinking of coming back to wow, last played in Wotlk (other then 1 week free in cata and panda).

I cant decide to roll either affli lock or shadow priest, mainly for pvp (BG > arena). Back in my day it was that SP had much better burst and even tho a dotter, sp would team up with rogue or mage to be deadly, and affli was tanky caster, but now i see everything changed SO MUCH, all abilities classes etc.

So what are the diffirences between them? Can you help me out? Can you compare? Which one you would prefer and why?

Alot of people here are probably gonna tell you that Shadow priest is at it's all time worst, but recently I wanted to find out for my self and while using my healing gear (so the stat priorities weren't right) I was taking down fully geared player, I currently prefer Priest because I feel like the CC chains you can pull off are great. You could always head to the PTR and see which you like better
    Last edited by rckstdy; 2014-02-05 at 11:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    spriests are terrible, warlocks are still insanely OP as always.

Deleted
    Spriests are in a terrible state. Locks can be replaced by a mage in any comp, but are still quite competitive.

SPriests and Warlocks are both actually pretty okay right now. Warlocks have amazing synergy with Shamans because they cover the biggest weakness of Shamans (getting trained, which Gateway helps stop). On the other side, SPriests are good with RDruids/Shamans/Monks because MD is amazing, and SPriests are definitely pretty tanky right now.

That's in an arena sense, anyway. In BGs it truly makes no difference because any class is perfectly viable in BGs.

SPriests have a bit more burst, but their setup takes longer. Locks have way more DoT pressure, and are harder to train since they can port/gate. Locks also have way more survivability, SPriests can live for a while, but Locks can live much longer. SPriests suffer when getting trained, since they need to cast VT/Mind Blast to do damage, while Locks can get their spells off while being trained.

Both are strong options, I'd probably go Lock because being able to go Destruction when I get bored of DoTs sounds fun, but if you purely want DoTs both are really strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    This is not even a fair choice. Lock by far unless the shadow priest happens to have a badass disc off spec.
    Surely you mean badass Holy os? hehe

Don't see many SPs in Arena these days, plenty of Locks though causing grief.

Deleted
    If shadow priest procs align they destroy affliction locks. Affliction has good pressure, but spriest can literally destroy you at random moments.

Deleted
    Shadow PvP is in the toilet this patch, much because of warrior popularity coupled with the constant nerfs every patch. I've gone on a break on serious PvP on my priest for this season.

Spriest is basically the weaker version of an affliction lock. much much weaker. Everything the sprist can do the lock can do better. Locks can apply all of their dots instantly and they can do very decent damage on the move, not to mention better survability. Spriest still almost plays like a caster from an era "long" passed: when casters had to cast, it's the only one of its kind left. You get trained and you'll just have to take it because you have no escape mechanisms to speak of, this coupled with the fact that you can't do any decent damage on the move makes getting interrupted even more annoying. And you will get interrupted a lot because everyone knows they can just sit on you and down you go.

Alot of people here are probably gonna tell you that Shadow priest is at it's all time worst, but recently I wanted to find out for my self and while using my healing gear (so the stat priorities weren't right) I was taking down fully geared player, I currently prefer Priest because I feel like the CC chains you can pull off are great.
    Don't tell me, this "amazing" discovery of yours is based on timeless isle...