Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Show self-control and don't turn immediately to booze like so many people here seem to suggest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get drunk, son.

Seriously though, I recommend a cocktail called "The Last Word." Just make sure you go to a real bar that can make it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Buy a rubber sheet for your bed before your friends take you on your "21 run". Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Buy a rubber sheet for your bed before your friends take you on your "21 run". Just saying...

That costs money, just use cardboard or newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    That costs money, just use cardboard or newspaper.
    Or your friend's sofa.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 - get an ID card
    2 - rent a dirty movie (yes we live in times of downloads but its a rite of passage)
    3 - Buy booze
    4 - Buy a cigar
    5 - ......
    6 - Profit!
    Last edited by Trassk; 2014-02-04 at 01:17 AM.
    #boycottchina

Call two hookers for a threesome. Duh.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy Birthday! ^ ^

If you go out, plan to have a designated driver or at least taxi money (just for the love of Narnia, don't drive drunk or buzzed at all), don't mix beer with hard liquor, don't drink on an empty tummy & don't forget that sometimes you won't feel the alcohol immediately so don't try to drink a lot or fast. Keep hydrated & drink water between alcoholic drinks. Don't drink more than 4 or so.

Don't eat any of your fav foods before going out- you won't enjoy or love them as much after experiencing them in reverse.
    Keep a bucket or plastic trash can near your bed. Throw one leg over the edge of the bed so it doesn't feel like its spinning so much.

Eat lots of salty french fries & maybe a vanilla shake the next morning- or whenever you wake up.

Don't wear any favorite shoes or clothes, you'll probably puke on them & hopefully you have decent friends who will keep you safe & here for many more birthdays to come :)
    Last edited by sugarlily; 2014-02-04 at 01:30 AM.
    kintsukuroi
    ‘golden repair’, is the Japanese art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer. The aesthetic philosophy focuses on imperfections rather than attempting to disguise them, with the intention that the piece becomes both more valuable and more beautiful because of its history and for having been broken.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    It's winter in Alaska, so don't be found pantsless the next morning by a river.
    As a born-and-raised Alaskan, I can confirm that this is good advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get drunk.

Have a beer or two, or take a few shots, but don't get drunk just for the sake of getting drunk. You have 80+ years remaining (hopefully) to try different drinks, no need to try as many as you can in one evening.

I don't understand the big fuss about getting drunk. I did it once and it was stupid.
    Putin khuliyo

Shots first then this...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    i would masturbate furiously

Become a teetotalist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Order a beer at a restaurant and see if the waiter says anything special. Then take your first sip of alcohol and realize how horrible it tastes and never drink again. Well that's what I did anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Yeah this is pretty much it as well. I remember on thanksgiving everyone had a shot of some black cherry wine or something. I thought it tasted like bad medicine and my reaction was one of instant disgust.
    Who drinks for the taste lol? Were under the illusion adults were hiding this yummy beverage from you until you were 21.

Don't order a beer, it is disgusting imo and the fingers don't even tingle. The only reason I drink alcohol is when I want to get drunk and then the most effective way is vodka. Do not drink alone at home, that's a bad sign! Either gather some friends and host a party or go out to the pub! Gratz!

Edit: 21 seem like an odd age to drink for the first time, is this some law in the US?
    Last edited by mittacc; 2014-02-04 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Always forget that...So wierd Americans can first legally drink at 21.
    Yes. That way the army gets them before alcohol and the taste of an actual life can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Same thing you did before you turned 21?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I don't understand the big fuss about getting drunk. I did it once and it was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    Yes. That way the army gets them before alcohol and the taste of an actual life can.
    Alcohol = actual life?

Drinking is nice but it's not necessary to have a good time, I know that it's at the center of most social events for young 20-somethings but most of us grow out of binge drinking by mid to late 20s.

That being said, I sure as hell went out drinking when I turned 21 and some of my best memories from college were hanging out in bars w/friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    You never drank before? What the hell, is that common in the states? Well, don't start of with a high % of alcohol, you'll most likely hate the taste at first. Try something sweet.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Alcohol is overrated, but one variety that I can stand is hoegaarden.

15+ Year Old Account
    Drink whisky, have sex with multiple women and snort cocaine ofcourse.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.