10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Ubisoft abandons Watch Dogs trademark

Sharing this taken from gamespot:
    Ubisoft has abandoned one of half-a-dozen trademarks it holds for upcoming open-world game Watch Dogs, but it doesn't mean the much-anticipated open-world game is canceled.

As spotted by a NeoGAF forum member, Ubisoft on February 1 abandoned its main Watch Dogs trademark after the publisher filed an "express abandonment" request. This request was filed by none other than Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot. You can see the full request here.

The trademark, U.S. Serial No. 85642398, is the principal Watch Dogs trademark and covers "game software and electronic game programs." Interestingly, the abandonment came just three days after Ubisoft was granted an extension on the trademark.

Ubisoft continues to hold five trademarks for Watch Dogs. These include trademarks covering "online computer games," game instruction manuals, toys, TV shows and theatrical performances, and clothing like pajamas and "infants' one-piece garments."

It's possible that Ubisoft's abandonment of this Watch Dogs trademark means the game's title has been changed or that administrative issues mandated such an action. We don't know and a Ubisoft representative was not immediately available to comment.

Watch Dogs has not only drawn praise from critics, but is expected to be a major revenue driver from Ubisoft upon release later this year, making any thoughts of its cancellation very unlikely. The game was originally expected to launch in November 2013, but was later delayed to spring 2014.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

http://kotaku.com/fraud-pretends-to-...tch-1515312347

Apparently they didn't and it's some kind of fraud. Was quite a curious move if it was intended, but I guess it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://kotaku.com/fraud-pretends-to-...tch-1515312347

Apparently they didn't and it's some kind of fraud. Was quite a curious move if it was intended, but I guess it's not.
    My question is what was this person trying to do and why did they think they would get away with it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Man more idiots trying to fuck with the office of trademarks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh why can't this game be on PC :/
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I could be wrong but I do believe its getting a PC release at a later date.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    same thing i said on gamespot:

dun dun dun!

It is on PC. At most it will have a 1 month delay from the console release.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It is on PC. At most it will have a 1 month delay from the console release.
    Almost every Ubisoft game has ~1 month wait between Consoles and PC's, iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be.

In fact, since all the 4th-gen consoles use essentially all the i386 same components of a PC now, I would guess that direct-console game ports for both 4th gen consoles to PC to be a lot more common in future and a lot more reliable. That's not to say that all games will be direct-ports with no tweaking, however.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Watch Dogs has been announced on 5 console and PC since the original announcement at E3 2012
    It's The Division that was initially announced only on console and later also announced on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    It will be.

In fact, since all the 4th-gen consoles use essentially all the i386 same components of a PC now, I would guess that direct-console game ports for both 4th gen consoles to PC to be a lot more common in future and a lot more reliable. That's not to say that all games will be direct-ports with no tweaking, however.
    8th.

/10char
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Deleted
    they are undoubtedly abandoning Watch Dogs and changing the trademark to Watch_Dogs as that is what most of the marketing is

...am I the only one who suspects that this might just be clever viral marketing for a Video Game about a vigilante who uses technological internet connectivity and anonymity to disrupt situations at his own discretion? :P

Yes, they said it wasn't an Ubi guy - doesn't stop them from paying somebody else to do it. :P