Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Isn't the way hunter is played a bit OP for PvE?

They appear to be extremely mobile while also being ranged from maximum range. Something is seriously wrong here.

This is a fundamentally sensitive point in PvE, since a plague of wow since TBC has been the obsession with ranged.

And they get both to be ranged and extremely mobile. Something is fishy right there about their balancing.

Obviously Blizzard no longer thinks so since removing the limitations on stance dancing and even adding in a "move while channeling Aimed Shot" glyph. As a Monk, the concept bothers me and any time I'm on a non-Shaman it's a bit aggravating to think about but... meh, they aren't exactly all that overpowered otherwise.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    They appear to be extremely mobile while also being ranged from maximum range. Something is seriously wrong here.

This is a fundamentally sensitive point in PvE, since a plague of wow since TBC has been the obsession with ranged.

And they get both to be ranged and extremely mobile. Something is fishy right there about their balancing.
    Might want to put this in the hunter forum.

Also im not sure they allow threads about x class is op. It just leads to flames.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same goes for warlocks, so much survival, so much dps and utility... insane! Too bad that almost all specs have the same output if played professionally and only minor balancing issues occur. Less qq more pewpew pls

The entire point of a Hunter is that they are a ranged DPS will full mobility. What are you even on about it's mind boggling trying to figure out what you're upset with now.

Yeah I hate hunters, they should be nerfed for sure, all glads are hunters, and Method is now 24 hunters and a Paladin, Paragon ditched the Paladin and just went 10 Hunters.

Next month: Warlocks!

March: Mages
    April: Hunters (Again)
    May: Warlocks
    June: Warriors

They're fine in PVE.

It's PVP where they're total bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They're fine in PVE.

Why are they total bullshit in PvP? I'm not familiar with them in PvP. Are they difficult to face?

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaylock I will take a stab in the dark here and say you dont play a Hunter in current raiding (not LFR) enviroment?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why are they total bullshit in PvP? I'm not familiar with them in PvP. Are they difficult to face?
    Their burst is simply insane in PVP, combined with the innate advantages of being a ranged class that never needs to stop to cast. And having a pet and about a thousand cheap ways to prevent stealth. And all their damn control.

Rogue perspective here obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They're fine in PVE.

Define fine.

Hunters have two things going in our favor
    1. We don't have issues with dps'ing on the move.
    2. All that agi mail gear and ranged weapons have to go somewhere.

Leave that out and all we're left is bare minimum of utility and average dps.

Yes Hunters are OP. You should roll one.

Once you've completed your hunter training (skip-able via free level 90):

Every raid will want you for the Seigecrafter belts.
    Mothers will name babies after you.
    You will top the charts.
    Because you are 1337.
    If you look at World of Logs, you'll see nothing but Hunters at the top of the DPS charts on every fight, and all difficulties.

Don't get me started on PvP, hunters are so OP.
    Especially as flag runners in WSG and Twin Peaks. Just too stronk.
    There is no class that can compete with Hunter - Dueling, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 and RBGs.
    Every rated BG team makes sure to bring 4-5 hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Jaylock I will take a stab in the dark here and say you dont play a Hunter in current raiding (not LFR) enviroment?
    I am sorry Jaylock, I asked the wrong person that question, it was meant for FemaleGoblinMage!
    So here goes again.... FemaleGoblinMage I will take a stab in the dark here and say you dont play a Hunter in current raiding (not LFR) enviroment?

Deleted
    With our dps and utility it's simply a non-issue

Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post

You will top the charts.
    Because you are 1337.
    If you look at World of Logs, you'll see nothing but Hunters at the top of the DPS charts on every fight, and all difficulties.

There is no class that can compete with Hunter - Dueling, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 and RBGs.
    You forgot the trade chat spam requests for Hunters..

"LFM SoO fresh!1 tank 1 healer 5 DPS! 1 warlock 1 warrior 555+ and curve! 3 Hunters 496+ we provide you flasks and food and you can afk for trash!"

Deleted
    Warlocks have been top Tier DPS the entire expansion, unchallenged rank 1 dps on 70%+ Fights in every content. Differences between classes are far from minor.

Hunters have much lower theoretical DPS than most ranged classes (except spriest), but because of our mobility it evens out in the end.

Also you've obviously never seen a good affli lock, that shit is broken.

As for pvp perspective vs rogues: spec into burst of speed and hunters are just a free kill. Prevent stealth? l2spec subterfuge. Insane burst? I've been bursted by a combat rogue from 100-0 in one killing spree with sac up.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Hunters have much lower theoretical DPS than most ranged classes (except spriest), but because of our mobility it evens out in the end.

Also you've obviously never seen a good affli lock, that shit is broken.

As for pvp perspective vs rogues: spec into burst of speed and hunters are just a free kill. Prevent stealth? l2spec subterfuge. Insane burst? I've been bursted by a combat rogue from 100-0 in one killing spree with sac up.
    Movement is only an issue for Boomkins and Shadow priests, even Boomkins don't suffer that much because they can spam Moonfire/Sunfire while moving and get a damage boost to them. But Shadow is total trash for movement fights. Warlocks and Mages both counter movement by swapping Fireball with Scorch for a slight DPS decrease or use a talent that only requires them to hard cast 1 spell with the talent.

No, without our movement we would be broken and useless. It's the only thing keeping us on par with other classes, since we have 0 raid utlitity and mediocre theoretical dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post

You will top the charts.
    Because you are 1337.

This guy here, what kind of reality is this? World of Logs does not show Hunter on top, NO WHERE. No mothers ever named their baby after me, I always have to name my pet though. The belts eh not exactly, other classes if skilled enough can outwork a hunter any day of the week. Hunters are far from 1337. Good at your class, sure you will top the charts. Goes for any class.