Page 1 of 2
LastLast

another MMO gaming computer thread

Hey guys with a budget of 800-1000$ im looking to build a new system from scratch. (including an OS). Just parts to the computer as i plan to keep my monitor. I do want this rig to be upgradable in the future but i only have a budget of 800-1000$ atm.(wanting this 800-1000$ build to last me on ultra settings for a couple of years before i plan to upgrade parts). I want to play most importantly TESO(The Elder Scrolls Online) on ultra settings.

Here are the recommended system requirements for ESO but remember i want to upgrade from 2 years down the road.

PC RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8 64-bit
    Processor: Quad Core 2.3GHz or equivalent processor
    Memory: 4GB System RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 60GB free HDD space
    Video Card: Direct X 11 compliant video card with 2GB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® 560 Ti / ATI Radeon™ 6950 or better)
    Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

Looking forward to hearing some build suggestions. Thanks.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($94.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($32.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($32.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Adorama)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.66 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($239.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Black ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $920.55
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-03 18:29 EST-0500)

Add Windows 8 if you need it (removing the SSD if it goes over budget) and you're set.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Ok cool. So this is my first gaming desktop im building and was curious if all these parts will be upgrade in the future. I ask this because i understand not all parts can work with each other. Thanks.
    Last edited by Dionoch; 2014-02-04 at 12:24 AM.

Yes you will be able to upgrade parts in the future.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I just wanted to ask a couple of questions while im at it.

1. Should i get a different case due to breathing problems?
    2. Should i get a 650 power supply or should 550 last me a good while?

I only ask cause i want to have this last at least 2 years on ultra settings running smoothly (no lag). Of course reassuring that i can upgrade all these parts in the future. (2 years).

I ask this because i seem some posts of guys getting 1000 power supplies and 550 just seems like crap compared to that.

A power supply is very binary in how it works (without taking account into quality, just know that the one I linked is pretty much one of the top units you're gonna find as far as build quality is concerned): it either powers your stuff up, or doesn't. Taking a 1000W PSU when a 500W one would have been enough is useless, it doesn't provide any enhancement. That PSU is fine and will likely last you quite a lot of time, especially because one of the main focuses of hardware development (especially lately) has been to lower power consumption in order to make the products more and more viable for the mobile market.

That case is really great quality for the price it's at, and can easily allow for a SLI setup (double GPU), it won't have any space problems.

Alright thanks. Appreciate the time you took out of your day to help me out.

This helped me some too lol

10+ Year Old Account
    If you didn't buy it yet, here's superior build :P

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($94.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Adorama)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.66 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($379.99 @ B&H)
    Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case ($21.99 @ Microcenter)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $1011.57
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-04 01:17 EST-0500)

And I'm not sure what you ment by upgradeable, there is nothing you can add without replacing a part, and this will run Ultra for next few years, unless some crazy game will be released with bloated requirements, we can't predict that.

Ah stupid RAM wasn't listed...well I fixed it.
    Last edited by Cyrops; 2014-02-04 at 06:19 AM.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Pick the case from the first build suggestion, the rest above is fine. Be aware though, you will either have to wait on the GPU (280X) or pay a premium, ~$70 extra.

Am I the only one who noticed the OP asked for the OS to be included in the budget? That build doesn't include one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Am I the only one who noticed the OP asked for the OS to be included in the budget? That build doesn't include one.
    I guess you are the only one :P
    I keep forgetting about OS when people don't fill out the form from sticky, and, cus, torrents.

Ok so i understand the case doesnt matter but what OS should i get? Everyone on here says 8 but others i ask say 8 is for tablets and 7 still works out great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionoch View Post
    Ok so i understand the case doesnt matter but what OS should i get? Everyone on here says 8 but others i ask say 8 is for tablets and 7 still works out great.
    It's personal preference, Win8 loads up and works faster than Win7, but Win8 can give you issues if you are unlucky (games crashing, lagging and so on).

Heh, Windows 8 also has better multicore support (which translated to higher minimum frames, which are the ones you notice the most) and less memory usage, so it's really what you should be going for.

Ok so windows 7 if i dont want lag but windows 8 if i want to multi task better? Plus can someone link said OS because there are so many options and idk what one would work out best. I was also wondering why i would have to wait out of that 3gb video card too. Are they out of stock or something? Plus if i do have to wait how long would it be?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok guys im about to buy all the parts but still undecided about the video card. If the gpu worth getting on the 2nd build posted or should i go with the first. If the first will last me a couple of years then ill just go with that one. Due to planning to upgrade 2 years down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not going to go for the 2 gpu posted. Its either between

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-n760hawk

or

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-gtx760dc2oc2gd5

- - - Updated - - -

and here is the final build still deciding whether to use the msi or asus gpu

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2NhTv

Ok i wait for replys now. No more consecutive posts. Sorry about that just want to make sure this is right and the build will work out. (First time building a rig from scratch)

They're both pretty much equivalent. Whichever is cheaper is fine.

Cool. I'm assuming that all parts will be capable of working with the motherboard. Is there a faster option of buying the parts or just 1 by 1?

You mean from PCPartPicker? You'll unfortunately have to go on each shop individually and buy from there.

Ok sounds good. Here is my final build for all who followed this. Thanks again!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2NjTd