Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    I'm just sitting here waiting for news from Blizzard I actually want to hear. I want to know more about dungeons and gear progression. I want to know what the timewalker thing is about in specifics. I want to see the new female tauren models. I probably won't hear anything on any of this for months.
    Well, let's see what happens next week. As Simca said invites of some sort would go out. If Alpha starts in a week or 2, within a month we should get raid, dungeon and pvp testing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    So I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but did anyone notice that the new Hydra models
    (these ones:http://wowhead.com/news#modelviewer:1:55454:0:10+0) have animations called "mountswimrun" etc. So these could be mounts?! *drool*
    Unlikely when currently no saddle. Interesting thought anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Well, let's see what happens next week. As Simca said invites of some sort would go out. If Alpha starts in a week or 2, within a month we should get raid, dungeon and pvp testing.
    I really just want to know how end game will be. What it will take to get what gear of what ilvl. Will dungeons actually be a viable end game of their own? Will LFR actually be tourist mode? Will timewalker dungeons truly be a thing and I could queue up for almost any dungeon in the game? Would the timewalker feature be level 100 exclusive or could I level from 90-100 off of them(which would be goddamn fantastic)? Unless they open up the normal alpha/beta server and the max level alpha/beta server then some of those questions won't be answered until blizzard says it specifically or it just shows up in the files sometime down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    It matters a lot as those raiders that will be raiding want be a blizzcon which doesn't go for them
    Blizzcon is on a friday and saturday. 99% of the guilds in WoW don't raid on those days, even the heroic ones. It's only the world/server first guilds that go total no life mode right after a raid is opened and therefore would be raiding during Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I haven't seen anyone mention this possibility.

Wod launches October 28th and the mythic raiding doesn't start until a week or so after Blizzcon. Thats probably what is going to happen.
    Guilds would be knee deep in progression & Blizzcon would just be a distraction, it will either be WoD release Late August / Early September or After Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Blizzcon is on a friday and saturday. 99% of the guilds in WoW don't raid on those days, even the heroic ones. It's only the world/server first guilds that go total no life mode right after a raid is opened and therefore would be raiding during Blizzcon.
    yes but Raid that week would be cancelled as most people would fly in Wednesday / Thursday.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    yes but Raid that week would be cancelled as most people would fly in Wednesday / Thursday.
    There's only room for 26k attendees anyway, and that's including the playerbases of the other games. Out of that 26k let's say 13k is WoW and the rest is other games, and then out of that 13k how much are serious raiders? Even if you have a bunch of guildies going, cancelling raids for 1 week is not a big deal. Most guilds cancel raids during holiday periods as well. Making everyone wait longer for WoD just so a bunch of super hardcore raiders don't have to drop either their raids or Blizzcon would be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    There's only room for 26k attendees anyway, and that's including the playerbases of the other games. Out of that 26k let's say 13k is WoW and the rest is other games, and then out of that 13k how much are serious raiders? Even if you have a bunch of guildies going, cancelling raids for 1 week is not a big deal. Most guilds cancel raids during holiday periods as well. Making everyone wait longer for WoD just so a bunch of super hardcore raiders don't have to drop either their raids or Blizzcon would be ridiculous.
    Woah get out of here. The tiny spectrum of things I pay attention to aren't the entire world to everyone else too?

Blowin my mind over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Guilds would be knee deep in progression & Blizzcon would just be a distraction, it will either be WoD release Late August / Early September or After Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

SoO released 1 month prior to Blizzcon says hi.

Also, >90% of raiders progress throughout the year and are knee deep in progression throughout. Thus making Blizzcon date irrelevant. If many guildies are going, (for the vast majority they don't) then it would be a disruption if Blizzcon was in any date,

- - - Updated - - -

In the absolute worst case scenario, if every person who goes to Blizzcon is a raider (which is obviously not the case), that's still under 10% of raiders.

If half the people who go to Blizzcon are WoW players and 1/2 of those WoW players are raiders, that's under 2.5%.

Without an xpac launch to announce, (Even if WoD isn't released by then, the date will be known) there will be a lot less interest from WoW players in general thus lowering their ratio.

WoW does not revolve around raiders. They may be quite important for their relatively small size, but not to that extent.

Plus Siege of Orgrimmar is a 14 boss raid.

If WoD comes out prior to Blizzcon and they are concerned about raiders being in the middle of progression, then they could just release Highmaul (7 bosses) and wait to release Blackrock Foundry (10 bosses) until after Blizzcon is over, which would probably be a better situation than raiders were in last year with 14 bosses that many were still progressing on.

Last year they did some raids at blizzcon right?

Wouldnt it be retarded to do SoO again?
    - He who moves first always wins -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge12309 View Post

That's a good point. They've done them a few times now.

Regardless if WoD is released by Blizzcon or not, I think it'll be very WoW-light in general. There's basically going to be nothing left to hype WoD for as even its not released, everything will be known and tested by then.

The only thing they could hype is 6.1. And that's not really worthy of what they normally do at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless if WoD is released by Blizzcon or not, I think it'll be very WoW-light in general. There's basically going to be nothing left to hype WoD for as even its not released, everything will be known and tested by then.

The only thing they could hype is 6.1. And that's not really worthy of what they normally do at Blizzcon.
    Don't forget this is Warcraft 20th aniversary and WoW's 10th. While I wouldn't say it will be sorely WoW, don't count The Warcraft franshise out as a whole out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Don't forget this is Warcraft 20th aniversary and WoW's 10th. While I wouldn't say it will be sorely WoW, don't count The Warcraft franshise out as a whole out.
    They really should just have a shirt of the Warcraft logo(And hoodies don't forget that).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge12309 View Post

2010 they made a unique event outside Orgrimmar for the live raid. So it's not like live raid actually has to be in a real raid.

SoO released 1 month prior to Blizzcon says hi.

Also, >90% of raiders progress throughout the year and are knee deep in progression throughout. Thus making Blizzcon date irrelevant. If many guildies are going, (for the vast majority they don't) then it would be a disruption if Blizzcon was in any date,

- - - Updated - - -

In the absolute worst case scenario, if every person who goes to Blizzcon is a raider (which is obviously not the case), that's still under 10% of raiders.

If half the people who go to Blizzcon are WoW players and 1/2 of those WoW players are raiders, that's under 2.5%.

Without an xpac launch to announce, (Even if WoD isn't released by then, the date will be known) there will be a lot less interest from WoW players in general thus lowering their ratio.

WoW does not revolve around raiders. They may be quite important for their relatively small size, but not to that extent.
    SoO was released 2 full months ahead of Blizzcon.

Right, forgot about 1 person's suggestion: a remade WC1-3. What better way to hype WoD, whether it's released or not, by updating the games the xpac is based on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    SoO was released 2 full months ahead of Blizzcon.
    And 99% of raiders were all still raiding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Right, forgot about 1 person's suggestion: a remade WC1-3. What better way to hype WoD, whether it's released or not, by updating the games the xpac is based on?
    It's pretty much stated fact that more people have played WoW than have played any of the WC RTS games. I am one of them. I have caught up on the lore over the years, but I would love to play through it myself....with decent graphics. I am fine with the old cutscenes even. Just the main gameplay and UI need to be brought up a couple decades to catch up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    It's pretty much stated fact that more people have played WoW than have played any of the WC RTS games. I am one of them. I have caught up on the lore over the years, but I would love to play through it myself....with decent graphics. I am fine with the old cutscenes even. Just the main gameplay and UI need to be brought up a couple decades to catch up.
    The cutscenes could be updated to(If they stick to the same colors and what not). That'd be fine to. No story changes(Cause that's a shitstorm waiting to happen).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    2010 they made a unique event outside Orgrimmar for the live raid. So it's not like live raid actually has to be in a real raid.

Problem with not wanting to read everything is I said the same thing a few pages ago lol. It was a pretty cool set of bosses they had set up was much more interesting than a race against another team in my opinion