Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I doubt it, remember for MoP launch you could just sit and wait logged in for it to be activated. Didn't have to re log
    That's not even remotely the same. The server sent a hotfix patch out at 1 before midnight, which activated MoP content.

For services it's a bit difference, they need to enable it both on the website, wow and the wowshop, which requires a small maintenance.

And if they are putting up WoD preorders with it, you can be sure they'll use a maintenance for it, so there's not many issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    For services it's a bit difference, they need to enable it both on the website, wow and the wowshop, which requires a small maintenance.
    Did i miss all the maintenances that enabled pets/mounts in the store then?

Btw, while the answer to this question would have no impact on anyone's guesses of xpac release:

Will we get the pre patch launch date announced earlier than normal? They did say they would give us plenty of warning for when SoO goes to normal/heroic/mythic. Which obviously would occur during pre patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Did i miss all the maintenances that enabled pets/mounts in the store then?
    Again that's different. In game items work different compared to services. In game content gets pushed via a small patch or key that enables it.

Even if a service is in the game files they generally do a maintenance for it, it's mainly quality assurance checks.

That's not even remotely the same. The server sent a hotfix patch out at 1 before midnight, which activated MoP content.

And if they are putting up WoD preorders with it, you can be sure they'll use a maintenance for it, so there's not many issues with it.
    Past additions to the Itemstore didn't require realm restarts, so I doubt that the boost to 90 will.
    Also, If my mind serves me correctly, neither faction nor racechange required realm restarts to become effective.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Btw, while the answer to this question would have no impact on anyone's guesses of xpac release:

Will we get the pre patch launch date announced earlier than normal? They did say they would give us plenty of warning for when SoO goes to normal/heroic/mythic. Which obviously would occur during pre patch.
    Pre patch is not happening anytime soon. It still needs to undergo testing on PTR, which generally takes 2 months.
    Then it going to live server depends on the WoD beta aswell, as they don't want to push the patch sooner then a month before launch.
    (Maybe they'll make an exception this time and launch it much earlier, so people can get used to the new raid system/squish a bit sooner).

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so hyped up for the possible pre-order?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Past additions to the Itemstore didn't require realm restarts, so I doubt that the boost to 90 will.
    Also, If my mind serves me correctly, neither faction nor racechange required realm restarts to become effective.
    Because the maintenances for those services happened a week before the launch of it.
    Could be though, last week maintenances was done to smooth both the preorder and boost.

We'll know later today I guess.

Again that's different. In game items work different compared to services. In game content gets pushed via a small patch or key that enables it.
    No, they work the exact same way: Pets/Mounts are either directly applied to your account or via an code. Direct application is just using the code automatically on your selected account. Purchasing a game is the same as a pet/mount, that is apply a new code to an existing account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    The Quote + Avatar combo is about as creepy as it gets.
    Oh lol nice catch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    1. Free Level 90 Boost, 2. Free Mount (CE) 3. Free Pet (CE)

Beta can't be that far behind

15+ Year Old Account
    Because it is so close that multiple Blizzard employees were confused enough to think it was already active.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

True! Was fun on twitter!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    gonna go out on a limb and predict that if beta doesnt get underway this week itll be announced a week or two after d3 expansion is released.

didnt they say wow subs took a hit from d3 launch? would seem somewhat counter productive to release beta for wow when they expect a good chunk of their fan base to be busy with d3 launch.

not saying they wont or wouldnt, but just seems like it would be a whole lot wiser to give the newness of d3 expansion to wear off at least a week before they release beta for wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Because it is so close that multiple Blizzard employees were confused enough to think it was already active.
    Wait whaa?? why did I miss that, is it still up somehwere?

Might be bonuses for preordering the game, there is also the possibility of seeing the goodies to other games. As well as the reveal of the digital deluxe items.

They tweeted the Video Link ^^ and said : Pre-ORder now! Even if it is not live ,)

The removal of the MoP Digital Deluxe plus the trailer for the pre-order suggest that it will be happening very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    gonna go out on a limb and predict that if beta doesnt get underway this week itll be announced a week or two after d3 expansion is released.

didnt they say wow subs took a hit from d3 launch? would seem somewhat counter productive to release beta for wow when they expect a good chunk of their fan base to be busy with d3 launch.

not saying they wont or wouldnt, but just seems like it would be a whole lot wiser to give the newness of d3 expansion to wear off at least a week before they release beta for wow.
    Well, consider that only a limited number of people are invited to beta in the initial waves anyway. While people will be enamored with all the information being posted on fansites about the expansion from beta, if they aren't invited to beta themselves, they'd still likely rather check out the D3 expansion (because they can actually play that) while still watching all of the info about WoD's beta come out.

Granted, I also don't think they'd launch WoD beta the same week of the RoS launch either. But the week right before is still possible, imo.