10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    It's the item squish. They had the illusion of a working item squish in the playable demos, but in reality it is giving them hell.
    You know, I could see this as being one of the issues they are having.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You cant count the dungeon finder in wrath. It didn't launch with it. Also first xpac isnt a feature.
    As for MoP you missed challenge modes. Im not sure whether talents 2.0 counts, but it was radically different. World bosses also made a return in MoP, and werent seen in years, so thats a half feature. You missed guild leveling in cata.

Wod has updated versions of all major features plus a few new ones. WoD will NOT be lacking in content. I know you didn't say that, but im making that clear.
    I would still count dungeon finder as part of WOTLK though even if it wasn't a feature at launch.

While not really, an advertised feature, they really expanded tag sharing for mobs in MoP. A really underrated addition if you ask me.

Deleted
    Lets not forget the introduction of Arenas for TBC.

While raid changes are a feature, every xpac except Cata-MoP transition has completely changed raid formats. So, those are about as common as class changes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prode View Post
    massive healing/health changes, cd stacking/CC/instant casting/mana efficiency reduction, ability pruning, disabled flying.Wouldn't say it's 'thin' in features.
    These aren't "features." These are changes they make with literally every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    Group finder is already in the game. Healing and health changes is not a feature. And I wouldn't consider REMOVING abilities and flying a feature.... I'd consider it .... well.... removing things >.> But theres plenty of other threads on this debate we don't need to bring it here.
    Blizz's group finder though is going to be (supposedly) far superior than the one they have now. All they did for .current group finder was make it cross realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I would still count dungeon finder as part of WOTLK though even if it wasn't a feature at launch.
    They've said they actually had the item squish working for MoP but backed out.

Can't really count later additions for xpacs as features as WoD will likely add in something as well at the end that's as large as say Flex or LFD. That's why you can't count it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I just think they haven't done a great job of showing some of these features off. They're sort of getting buried by the constant updates re: garrisons and new models.

It'll be better once we get some more spectator previews, and ashran previews.
    Agreed, Blizzcon focused too much on Garrisons, and most of the PVP changes were in flux (though discussed at the roundtable I'm sure). Not enough Q&A time to really discuss other stuff either. Art and screenshots are probably way to garner the attention of the social media masses though, but it doesn't do much for me. Pet Battles and more account-wide features really sold me for MoP. The features for WoD are certainly there though. Looking forward to mythic raiding.

ps: not surprised 6.0 is coming about a month-1.5 months before WoD, like other systems patches. It's not something they like to release until everything is basically finalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    Group finder is already in the game. Healing and health changes is not a feature. And I wouldn't consider REMOVING abilities and flying a feature.... I'd consider it .... well.... removing things >.> But theres plenty of other threads on this debate we don't need to bring it here.
    Not sure what your definition for a feature is but I should've about doubled the amount of WoD features going by what developers officially regard. Bottom line WoD is full of features to the brim.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I just think they haven't done a great job of showing some of these features off. They're sort of getting buried by the constant updates re: garrisons and new models.

It'll be better once we get some more spectator previews, and ashran previews.
    They most likely are willing to cut some of the features. Probably better to avoid giving you specifics a bit about something you're not gonna see. Especially when they unprecedentedly open pre sales way ahead of time.(massive abuse/exploiting of customers, no other way to put it)

Biggest problem with arguing "how much content does WoD have" is there's no possible way to have a black and white answer. To some, anything involving questing isn't content, with others it is.

For others, all they care about is quality of endgame pve and pvp.

It just makes it really hard to compare. Its like asking is a car better than a truck to purchase?

- - - Updated - - -

Largest advantage of opening to customers the pre purchase early is new/returning players actually get to experience MoP. If it was released too close to WoD people just wouldn't have had the chance to experience it.

It's also difficult to make early judgements on an expansion when you know there's lots of unannounced cool stuff that comes later. Brawler Guild and Operation Shield Wall's storyline were a pleasant surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    It's also difficult to make early judgements on an expansion when you know there's lots of unannounced cool stuff that comes later. Brawler Guild and Operation Shield Wall's storyline were a pleasant surprise.

The same can be said about Cata when Transmog came out in the DS Patch. Those were the days.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post

- - - Updated - - -

NO you cant do that. You cant compare WoDs launch features with Something that launched a year after wrath went live. Sorry.

If it means we get better quality improvements to existing features and new content instead of adding new features for the sake of having a longer "new features list"... I'm good with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    NO you cant do that. You cant compare WoDs launch features with Something that launched a year after wrath went live. Sorry.
    Perhaps, but it does tell as an era(Expansion goes by) Sometimes new features come up.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

WoD's features r Garrison, Group finder, new Raid type, Character models, Ashran, Skirmish, Spectator invite, alleged New questing system, massive healing/health changes, cd stacking/CC/instant casting/mana efficiency reduction, ability pruning, disabled flying.

Wouldn't say it's 'thin' in features.
    Most of them aren't "features" really though, if you say they are then you could post 100s more for each expac.

I'm playing devil's advocate here but most people aren't gonna see ability pruning, removal of flying and reduction of mana efficiency and go "wow what a feature I really need to play again", the same way a new class or race might.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Most of them aren't "features" really though, if you say they are then you could post 100s more for each expac.
    I could, Blizzard does, there is no reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I'm playing devil's advocate here but most people aren't gonna see ability pruning, removal of flying and reduction of mana efficiency and go "wow what a feature I really need to play again", the same way a new class or race might.
    Don't want to be offensive but most ppl don't have a clue about gameplay mechanics so it's obvious they won't get thrilled about it. They aren't spectacular, yet have the same or bigger effect on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Perhaps, but it does tell as an era(Expansion goes by) Sometimes new features come up.
    it's not really relative to an argument about launch features though. other wise there isn't anyway to have a features argument till an expansion rolls over to a new one.Hell for all we know WoD could add more features than any expansion before it but that doesn't change whether it launched with a lot of new features or not.

I could, Blizzard does, there is no reason not to.

Don't want to be offensive but most ppl don't have a clue about gameplay mechanics so it's obvious they won't get thrilled about it. They aren't spectacular, yet have the same or bigger effect on the game.
    That's the point i'm making though, some are inevitably going to be put off by the lack of shiny new things.

WoD can look underwhelming to the, for lack of a better word "uneducated"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    Yea but think about this those models are put as a selling point so I think that they decide to finish them all. I mean right now from what we have seen there isn't a reason to delay release and beta
    The announcement video only said new player models. It didnt say ALL player models will be new, so I think releasing them as they are done would be fine. In fact the announcement video only showed an orc and a dwarf

Deleted
    This isn't THAT interesting, but the Warlords of Draenor trademark has in the US reached the status just before publication (where anyone finding the mark harmful to their business can oppose it). Latest event is "Review prior to publication completed." on March 22nd. It will be published in the Official Gazette on April 29.

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86...e=statusSearch
    http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer...Index=0&page=1

If anyone wanna come up with any speculation based on these dates, this is the trademark process in the US:

Important timeframes underlined

STEP 11: USPTO Publishes Mark

If the examining attorney raises no objections to registration, or if the applicant overcomes all objections, the examining attorney will approve the mark for publication in the Official Gazette, a weekly publication of the USPTO. The USPTO will send a notice of publication to the applicant stating the date of publication. After the mark is published in the Official Gazette, any party who believes it may be damaged by registration of the mark has thirty (30) days from the publication date to file either an opposition to registration or a request to extend the time to oppose. An opposition is similar to a proceeding in a federal court, but is held before the TTAB. If no opposition is filed or if the opposition is unsuccessful, the application enters the next stage of the registration process.

STEP 12: Registration Certificate Issues for Applications Based on Use, Foreign Registrations, and International Registrations

A certificate of registration will issue for applications based on use, on a foreign registration under Section 44 of the Trademark Act, or an extension of protection of an international registration to the United States under Section 66(a). If the mark is published based upon the actual use of the mark in commerce, or on a foreign registration, and no party files an opposition or request to extend the time to oppose, the USPTO will normally register the mark and issue a registration certificate about eleven (11) weeks after the date the mark was published. After the mark registers, the owner of the mark must file specific maintenance documents to keep the registration live.

STEP 13: Notice of Allowance Issues for Marks Based on an Intent-to-Use the Mark

If the mark is published based upon the applicant's bona fide intention to use the mark in commerce and no party files either an opposition or request to extend the time to oppose, the USPTO will issue a notice of allowance about eight (8) weeks after the date the mark was published. The applicant then has six (6) months from the date of the notice of allowance to either: (1) Use the mark in commerce and submit a statement of use (SOU); or (2) Request a six-month extension of time to file a statement of use (extension request).

A notice of allowance is a written notification from the USPTO that a specific mark has survived the opposition period following publication in the Official Gazette, and has consequently been allowed; it does not mean that the mark has registered yet. Receiving a notice of allowance is another step on the way to registration. Notices of allowance are only issued for applications that have been filed based on an intent-to-use a mark in commerce under Trademark Act Section 1(b).

STEP 14: Applicant Files Timely Statement of Use or Extension Request

The Applicant has six (6) months from the mailing date of the notice of allowance in which to either file a statement of use or file an extension request. Please review the additional information for the statement of use and extension request processes.

If the applicant is not using the mark in commerce on all of the goods/services listed in the notice of allowance, the applicant must file an extension request and the required fee(s) to avoid abandonment. Because extension requests are granted in 6 month increments, applicant must continue to file extension requests every 6 months. A total of 5 extension requests may be filed. The first extension request must be filed within 6 months of the issuance date of the notice of allowance and subsequent requests before the expiration of a previously granted extension.

If the applicant is using the mark in commerce on all of the goods/services listed in the notice of allowance, the applicant must submit an statement of use and the required fee(s) within 6 months from the date the notice of allowance issued to avoid abandonment. Applicant cannot withdraw the statement of use; however, the applicant may file one extension request with the statement of use to provide more time to overcome deficiencies in the statement of use. No further extension requests may be filed.

STEP 15: Applicant Does Not File Timely Statement of Use or Extension Request

If the applicant does not file a statement of use or extension request within six (6) months from the date the notice of allowance issued, the application is abandoned (no longer pending/under consideration for approval). To continue the application process, the applicant must file a petition to revive the application within two (2) months of the abandonment date.

STEP 16: USPTO Reviews Statement of Use

If the minimum filing requirements are met, the statement of use is forwarded to the examining attorney. The examining attorney conducts a review of the statement of use to determine whether federal law permits registration. The applicant cannot withdraw the statement of use and the filing fee(s) will not be refunded, even if the application is later refused registration on legal grounds. If no refusals or additional requirements are identified, the examining attorney approves the statement of use.

If refusals or requirements must still be satisfied, the examining attorney assigned to the application issues a letter (Office action) stating the refusals/requirements. This is the same process that occurs prior to publication of the mark if the examining attorney determines that legal requirements must be met. The process and timeframes remain the same, except that if issues are ultimately resolved and the statement of use is approved, the USPTO issues a registration within approximately 2 months. If all issues are not resolved, the application will abandon.

STEP 17: Registration Certificate Issues

Within approximately 2 months after the SOU is approved, the USPTO issues a registration. To keep the registration "live," the registrant must file specific maintenance documents. Failure to make these required filings will result in cancellation and/or expiration of the registration.
    http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/process/