Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    i got it confirmed on skype by people from BL
    I call bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    I call bullshit.
    Well like Brightleaf said, we will know Alpha/Beta is up. When Affinitii is streaming it hehe.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Oooohh pretty cool shot : http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...dgeAlpha01.jpg

Wonder what pushed Chaud to show that footage, maybe it happens today? /wishfull thinking
    Hahaha oh god, it looks like durotan fell in while sitting on the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Would friends and family be allowed to stream alpha? or its under NDA until beta or more open phase of alpha?
    Since the PAX alpha streams seem to be A-ok, its a pretty safe bet that whenever alpha starts It'll be streamed.

I call bullshit.
    ofc no-one is in atm but it doesn't mean the invites aren't getting ready to get rolled out

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    snip
    Do you think there has been another delay since the announcement of internal alpha?

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Once Alpha starts there is no NDA.
    Thanks for the info, well that's good, hope this Alpha thing gets started ASAP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solgog View Post
    Do you think there has been another delay since the announcement of internal alpha?
    I thought he pretty much explained that its all on Battle.net team hands now. Apperantly some internal portion of the file system is giveing them trouble or something. And ofcourse they actually redesigned Shadowmoon quite a bit. That was awhile ago though, I dunno if it's the same holdup still.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2014-05-09 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by solgog View Post

Safe to say there was. I assume the announcement was intended to include F&F Alpha invite rollouts alongside your news-oriented invites (MMO, Wowhead, wowinsider, etc). Still doesn't make sense to me why they'd announce publicly that an internal employee take-home alpha had begun. The intent was pretty obviously geared at rolling out Alpha publicly, which didn't end up happening.

Safe to say there was. I assume the announcement was intended to include F&F Alpha invite rollouts alongside your news-oriented invites (MMO, Wowhead, wowinsider, etc). Still doesn't make sense to me why they'd announce publicly that an internal employee take-home alpha had begun. The intent was pretty obviously geared at rolling out Alpha publicly, which didn't end up happening.
    Maybe they announced it because they had to put some servers up which they could not hide anymore and people would speculate on them.

Also I think its not a delay, its just Garrisons and some other WoD features not being ready yet.
    Last edited by Xjev; 2014-05-09 at 03:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well If I remember right, they announced it because Datamining would have started as a result of them haveing Alpha for the whole company, and the patch notes were starting to roll out.

The cynical side in me was to also do something against ESO's launch.

As an interesting note: the FF alpha videos don't show any garrison quests iirc. That alpha build may have been one where they philosophically using garrisons at max level only where now its going to be designed around Garrisons at starting zones.

- - - Updated - - -

Well If I remember right, they announced it because Datamining would have started as a result of them haveing Alpha for the whole company, and the patch notes were starting to roll out.

The cynical side in me was to also do something against ESO's launch.
    Yes but I don't believe that testing ever started externally. (Take home alpha) If I'm remembering correctly with what Simca said: those servers never went up to be tested on. And that essentially those builds are being uploaded for nothing except possibly stress test. All testing is internal. (That may not all be right, trying to remember collection of Simca and other statements)

Tl;dr: that uploaded information which is being datamined Is sitting there doing nothing. Outside of possibly testing file system and stress tests. No one is actually testing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    As an interesting note: the FF alpha videos don't show any garrison quests iirc. That alpha build may have been one where they philosophically using garrisons at max level only where now its going to be designed around Garrisons at starting zones.
    Yeah hope they just get able to scrap all the unfinished stuff and get the Beta started soon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    What FF alpha? Do you mean the video captured during the PAX stream? It had a garrison starting quest "Talk to gazlowe at your garrison in frostfire ridge", don't think you could turn it in tho.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    It's still down, get better sources!
    I knew it he was lying. Anyway I hope alpha starts really soon as I'm rlly excited for more footage. When could the F&F Alpha start? And what could be delaying them? Hmm...

10+ Year Old Account
    These past few days, especially today for some reason, remind me of March. When we asked what could be ''happening'' every few hours because there was a long dry drought lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    Warlords is still in Internal Alpha (although, there are people (supposedly, again, this is all 3rd hand info) outside of the Warcraft Dev team, but still inside of Blizzard testing it).
    This explains it better than me which could explain some more things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peterpewn View Post
    What FF alpha? Do you mean the video captured during the PAX stream? It had a garrison starting quest "Talk to gazlowe at your garrison in frostfire ridge", don't think you could turn it in tho.
    Nvm then. Guess I missed that part.

Yeah if they wanted a beta without those quests it would already be out, they want to have everything including garrisons ready for beta test

These past few days, especially today for some reason, remind me of March. When we asked what could be ''happening'' every few hours because there was a long dry drought lol.
    Yeah, and then...nothing happened except a few blogs and an announcement of an (apparently stalled) alpha. I have a sinking feeling that we might be talking this same way at the beginning of June too.

EDIT: actually that would be kind of funny...June 2 (day before Wildstar), we get a Blizzard blog with the headline "Warlords of Draenor™ Beta Testing Begins" - but no beta servers actually go up and no invites go out. Followed a few weeks later by Azeroth Choppers: Season Two.
    Last edited by brothernads; 2014-05-09 at 04:29 PM.

Deleted
    Wouldnt think so since Alpha was announced..... :P