10+ Year Old Account
    The want to finish the one-hour intro before launching the alpha !

Quote Originally Posted by V3rtige View Post
    The want to finish the one-hour intro before launching the alpha !
    It's weird how it feels like they've been saying that for weeks now.

This intro had best be the greatest hour of WoW content every created

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny story about latest build.

The PTR build included 'delete' markers for all the Arakkoa files, presumably by accident. This led me to joke in Skype at the time:
    [5/7/2014 3:40:57 PM] Simca: Auchindoun 2.0
    [5/7/2014 3:40:59 PM] Simca: MULTI-COLORED CUBE WARS

A bug report about it got Blizz attention:
    [12:42:59 PM] Simca: chaud - Cube Wars not intended
    [12:43:01 PM] Simca: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12674159054#1
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

The PTR build included 'delete' markers for all the Arakkoa files, presumably by accident. This led me to joke in Skype at the time:

CONSPIRACY!!!!!! Kill the Arrakoa!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Can anyone answer if the realm connections being stopped is related to all hands on deck for new file system or something similar? Or is completely unrelated? Or (everyone's favorite answer) no one knows if it is related or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Can anyone answer if the realm connections being stopped is related to all hands on deck for new file system or something similar? Or is completely unrelated? Or (everyone's favorite answer) no one knows if it is related or not?

Check bashioks twitter. He tweeted stating they have them postponed because of unrelated back end issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    at this rate we will get beta in july & release in january...because screw that pre-order date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep WoD in 2015

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    Yep WoD in 2015
    Agreed. /10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetley View Post
    at this rate we will get beta in july & release in january...because screw that pre-order date.
    I would say that's a little pessimistic...we will be getting a (fairly large, from the tone of CT's tweet) Alpha build basically any time now, and even the current build is well ahead of a fair bit of MoP's beta builds. I can almost guarantee we won't see a 6 month public testing period, and am willing to bet once things get off the ground, they will start moving pretty fast. I'm still guessing *something* will happen on the first week of June, whether it's the start of public testing, some kind of massive Alpha build (Another updated race getting put in, etc.), but I can almost guarantee something will happen that week, as that new MMO is coming out then. If public testing doesn't start then, it will by the end of June for sure. PTR will likely go out soon after to test system changes for the masses. PvP Season will end August 25th (cut-off date for entry into the Blizzcon 2014 arena tournament, also coincides with being the range of Blizzard's "ideal PvP season length"), which, basing that on old patterns of seasons ending the week of or the week before a patch, would put 6.0 on the 26th of Aug. or the 2nd of Sept. And if we take into consideration that 6.0 will last 4-6 weeks, we could see Warlords launch in a window of Sept. 23rd (6.0 Aug. 26th, 4 weeks long) to Oct. 14th (6.0 Sept. 2nd, 6 weeks long).

That is of course pure speculation that August 25th being the arena cut-off date is just arbitrary and it lining up with the "ideal season length" is just coincidence, and that 6.0 might be an anomaly, and be launched a few weeks after the season ends.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    I would say that's a little pessimistic...we will be getting a (fairly large, from the tone of CT's tweet) Alpha build basically any time now, and even the current build is well ahead of a fair bit of MoP's beta builds. I can almost guarantee we won't see a 6 month public testing period, and am willing to bet once things get off the ground, they will start moving pretty fast. I'm still guessing *something* will happen on the first week of June, whether it's the start of public testing, some kind of massive Alpha build (Another updated race getting put in, etc.), but I can almost guarantee something will happen that week, as that new MMO is coming out then. If public testing doesn't start then, it will by the end of June for sure. PTR will likely go out soon after to test system changes for the masses. PvP Season will end August 25th (cut-off date for entry into the Blizzcon 2014 arena tournament, also coincides with being the range of Blizzard's "ideal PvP season length"), which, basing that on old patterns of seasons ending the week of or the week before a patch, would put 6.0 on the 26th of Aug. or the 2nd of Sept. And if we take into consideration that 6.0 will last 4-6 weeks, we could see Warlords launch in a window of Sept. 23rd (6.0 Aug. 26th, 4 weeks long) to Oct. 14th (6.0 Sept. 2nd, 6 weeks long).

That is of course pure speculation that August 25th being the arena cut-off date is just arbitrary and it lining up with the "ideal season length" is just coincidence, and that 6.0 might be an anomaly, and be launched a few weeks after the season ends.
    Don't try to be reasonable. It's not cool. The cool thing to do is come on just to post "LOL 2015 derpy durr" and sensationalize everything to extremes.

10+ Year Old Account

Do you guys think this might be a lead-up to 6.1 and they didn't want to expose it? Or is that too tinfoilly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    Yep WoD in 2015
    They'll hit their December date even if they have to ship it less polished than usual. *cough* Cataclysm *cough*

I am doubting if they can release before Blizzconn at this rate though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Do you guys think this might be a lead-up to 6.1 and they didn't want to expose it? Or is that too tinfoilly?
    Highly doubt it, it's not like they deleted the mobs themselves, just the files for their art. "Best/worst case scenario" is they're planning to replace them with an updated "Cursed Arrakoa" model in Warlords (along the lines of what they did to the Naga in cata), which isn't done yet, so we ended up with cubes.

But, the simplest answer of course is just that someone at Blizzard dun goofed, it happens.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, basically what Ryuda said.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

That reminds me of when I logged on to a server I hadn't played on since the early vanilla days and found dis:

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooohhhhh, I just noticed those were "old" files. I get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Agreed. /10chars
    False. For legal issues it cant be after dec.21st.

Quote Originally Posted by meira1111 View Post
    False. For legal issues it cant be after dec.21st.
    Couldn't they get sued for false advertising? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by BiruWW View Post
    Pretty sure the answer is no.

They'd have put it in the terms and conditions that the date is just an estimate and not legally binding, and they'd also offer a refund to anybody who wanted it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BiruWW View Post
    I looked it up and there isn't anything on dates but possibly falls under False Advertising. Not sure.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi