Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to know that there are dota fans over here. Too bad Floopa got banned. And for those of you whom are saying to stick on topic then what is there to discuss atm? All we're doing is speculating when they will release WoD for the millionth time and I'm pretty sure that they won't release it till Jan 2015 cuz its Blizzard. Hoping for news today to keep this thread fresh but, once every while it shouldn't hurt to discuss other things than WoD here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Glad to know that there are dota fans over here. Too bad Floopa got banned. And for those of you whom are saying to stick on topic then what is there to discuss atm? All we're doing is speculating when they will release WoD for the millionth time and I'm pretty sure that they won't release it till Jan 2015 cuz its Blizzard. Hoping for news today to keep this thread fresh but, once every while it shouldn't hurt to discuss other things than WoD here.
    Pretty sure Floopa was discussing some DotA maguffins, not speculating when the release of WoD is coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Floopa didn't get banned for a little off topic, but for being rude.
    I'm sure he will be back in 3 days or so.
    If you want to discuss DOTA in depth, I recommend that you make your own thread in the videogames forums.

This one is about WoD information and WoD Tinfoilhat conspiracies.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Beta will come, don't fret.
    But I doubt that many of us will be invited.
    They explicitly stated that testing will be on a smaller and much more limited scale.
    I don't even care for an invite, I just want to see some beta on steams.

Erm actually it would, cause you know, it's a thread and not facebook. It should be kept to the topic, if there is nothing to talk about the topic then nothing should be said.

Calling it now: Garrison Blog #2.
    AFAIK It's Zarhym that's writing those blogs.

And he only just got back from vacation. Maybe a friendly Candle mama will lock him in his office till he finishes again :]

Hacking those few signs into a document would take a professional what... half an hour? An hour tops.
    Give another 10 minutes for proof reading and you're done.
    I'm confused. Which signs are you talking about ? First blog was overview with the next 3 going into greater detail about certain aspects. This isn't a 1 hour rush job. Also don't forget about the localisations that need to be done - need to have it translated for all the foreign language battle.net blogs Blizzard maintains.

But then again if Mr Floaty Skull man was smart he would of had the overview , frame work and a first draft of the blog done before he went on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    gawd nawh , just wanna see the big news that ALPHA/BETA servers are up!!!1one!.

quest stuff, dungeon stuff, raid stuff and all that jazz. give us dying to play WoD people more info
    Technically 1 is up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Hacking those few signs into a document would take a professional what... half an hour? An hour tops.
    I wish thats how easy it was for a company. It also needs to be signed off on by many hands that may or may not lead to more tweaks...on top of that the people that need to sign off have meetings and other things going on so they can't look at it right away...thus the weeks it takes for one of these to be released lol
    *Official Ryg Tweet on Patch Notes Hype Train Passenger* -Never Forget

Floopa has made up stories before about when beta is releasing previously so..... ya.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I wouldn't be shocked, if Alpha releases this week, they want to wait for Alpha to be released and some of the information about Garrisons ingame passed around through the community before releasing the next blog.

By that I mean: someone watches a stream then tells their guild about it and then this's guildies tell their friends in other guilds and so and so forth. Once Alpha gets started information about Garrisons will get out there to the masses. It may give them a better basis to go into details with their blogs if people have an ingame reference point.

They also could imbed videos of actual gameplay with garrisons.

Well, time to refresh this thread over 1000x times this week until the alpha launches. Luckily, I have WWDC to distract myself with today.

Here's some MoP Food for Thought: today, MoP is 615 days old.

At this point in the other expansion lifecycles:

- Cata (August 13, 2012) = we were 3 days away from seeing the MoP cinematic at Gamescom, 12 days away from getting patch 5.0, and 43 days from MoP launch.

- Wrath (July 21, 2010) = Both Cataclysm beta and Ruby Sanctum were 3 weeks old. Operation: Gnomeregan and Zalazane's Fall would arrive in 48 days.

- BC (Sept. 22, 2008) = Blizzard announced Wrath's release date a week before. The launch of Patch 3.0.2 was 22 days away.

It's not that simple.

That's like saying "if they hire 10 more people, the expansion will be out faster".

The business world is much complicated, especially when it comes to video games, and ESPECIALLY when it comes to MMOs.

Well I think wotlk beta was 17th July? Release was November
    Cata beta 30th June? Release was December
    MoP was 21st March? Release was September

So I am feeling like this month we get beta, mid to end, worst case start of July and release is going to be between November and December.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a tech writer myself, I can tell you the signature cycle of any given document no matter how long is the longest part of the entire process.

But sure, we can sit here and rage at Blizz because Y U NO WRITE FASTER BLOG.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be absolutely shitty for it to not start this week period. No other way to put it, sorry.Thankfully, theres a decent chance that it might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    Maybe a friendly Candle mama will lock him in his office till he finishes again :]

I'm confused. Which signs are you talking about ?
    Friendly candle?!
    Sure, she might shine lovely, but get to close and she'll burn your Hair off. Besides: locking someone in a room is not nice.

I was referring to ASCII signs, a.k.a. text.

PS: I love your avatar. Drawn by Noxychu?

Quote Originally Posted by Destil
    It's not that simple.
    The act of creating it is.
    But as someone already stated:
    "And then .. bureaucracy happened...".

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    It would be absolutely shitty for it to not start this week period. No other way to put it, sorry.Thankfully, theres a decent chance that it might happen.
    The only thing gnawing at me that might indicate alpha/beta won't start this week is the Heart of the Valorous buff. The timing is very weird, in that it started "randomly" last Friday (right before W* headstart) and goes until June 10. Perhaps Blizzard is figuring that keeping the buff active for the week of W*'s launch (along with Az Chop winner and maybe a blog or two) is enough of a counter--then launch alpha/beta next week?

Hopefully Simca and others in the know are right in predicting alpha/beta should start this week.

Also I wonder if Blizzard's going to be stringing us along with these Black Prince / Valor buffs to buy themselves time to get alpha/beta going. Wanna bet that starting June 10 for about two weeks we get the Gaze of the Black Prince buff? :/
    Last edited by brothernads; 2014-06-02 at 03:18 PM.

The card with my PAX key has dust on it from sitting on the shelf so long. I guess I should clean my shelves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should I smash my F5 key to dust today or should I wait for tuesday ?
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |