Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Do we know when/if they plan on testing the Tanaan intro? (First 1/2 of lvl 90-91)
    Most likely won't be tested, they might want to keep the details and story a secret seeing as how we know that someone on the Alliance side sacrifices himself there.

Deleted
    The one who sacrifices himself in the Tanaan intro is someone known or a new character?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Most likely won't be tested, they might want to keep the details and story a secret seeing as how we know that someone on the Alliance side sacrifices himself there.
    Most of the troops from the defense of the dark portal stay to die and try to hold them off, so far no signs of any actual Faction member dying there, only Troops for the defense of the portal and apperantly Ariok, Eitrigg's son. But I still think they will test it, it's too important for feedback.
    I'd say the pre-event won't be tested.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2014-06-23 at 09:34 PM.

I don't think they'll test it to keep the shock value hidden. Sort of how they don't test pre-launch events publicly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, that'd be like not testing the 'revamp' of Jade Forest starting zone, or cata's starting quests. It's too central and important, we'll see I supose.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2014-06-23 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Idk, that'be be like not testing the 'revamp' of Jade Forest starting zone, or cata's starting quests. It's too central and important, we'll see I supose.
    There's a few differences which may or may not make a difference: the most important is its highly likely to be 100% phased. It's not like you'll be able to go back and visit it.

Its also pretty short. Its about 1/4 the size of a full zone. And very linear. I don't believe it uses the new quest system.

The biggest thing IMO is: what value is there in testing it? They're able to make pre-launch events non-buggy for the most part. And even tested content has bugs.

I'm not guaranteeing it or anything like that, just that: I find it quite odd it wasn't tested first/early on.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-06-23 at 10:07 PM.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    New Build will either happen in the next two hours, or not at all today. We're minutes away from the usual time of the day for a new build.

Deleted
    To update everyone, we're in the process of working on a suitable alpha build to get testers into the Shadowmoon Valley Alliance experience. Unfortunately, given the nature of this process, we don't anticipate being able to bring the alpha realms back online today. Our goal is to identify a working build so that we can deploy it tomorrow for alpha participants to test out.

As always, we appreciate your patience and look forward to hearing your feedback about Shadowmoon Valley.

Game over for today.

Source : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...0371?page=4#66

10+ Year Old Account
    Gentlemen above got to it first.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2014-06-23 at 10:11 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I wanted it to be today so I didn't have to raid and datamine at once tomorrow.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I figured, they never do anything on Mondays.

Oh well, tomorrow is fine.

Speaking of.... why do they never do anything on Mondays essentially?

- - - Updated - - -

In other unrelated news: deserter debuff for arena?

The gong show continues with a 6 day outage when the MoP beta (that lasted 6 months and 6 months of alpha/beta in WoD would take us into December) was never down for even a 12 hour period. It is feeling more and more like WoD was never really ready to go into Alpha in the first place and was rushed 4-6 weeks early into Alpha to be out for the Wildstar release.

And that has nothing to do with that it happened over a weekend and they never do anything on Monday?

Not to mention they tried to launch Alpha 2 weeks prior to Wildstar launch. It has absolutely nothing to do with it being a rushed alpha. They even finished testing a zone's leveling content already.

And that has nothing to do with that it happened over a weekend and they never do anything on Monday?
    Who said Blizzard is never doing anything on Mondays?

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Damn, I wanted it to be today so I didn't have to raid and datamine at once tomorrow.

I didn't think there would be a lot of new things in the build. I thought there would be mostly fixes that made it playable. Maybe a loading screen or two. I don't foresee there being a lot of datamining.

Usually the Artcrafts are on Mondays, but alas.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Who said Blizzard is never doing anything on Mondays?
    What's the last thing that has happened on a Monday? I don't believe they've ever sent out a build on a Monday.

10+ Year Old Account
    He actually means that they don't 'release' things on monday, not that they just sit on their ass all day. It's seems like they polish things a lot on mondays and release it over the next day/week. (They have done things on monday but it's kinda rare).

Not to mention they tried to launch Alpha 2 weeks prior to Wildstar launch. It has absolutely nothing to do with it being a rushed alpha. They even finished testing a zone's leveling content already.
    They do things on Monday all the time. It has everything to do with the fact that they can't even get the second zone stable after 6 days working on it and again can't get it done with a full business day working on it today.

Plus, being in week 4 and only having one zone's leveling content complete isn't remotely a good sign. Even if the remaining 7 zones take "only" 3 weeks each, that already drags it into November.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I didn't think there would be a lot of new things in the build. I thought there would be mostly fixes that made it playable. Maybe a loading screen or two. I don't foresee there being a lot of datamining.
    Celestalon has mentioned on Twitter in the last week multiple class design changes that will be "not in the next build but the build after". Since this is the "build after", they might push a bunch of additional class changes through with the new build.