It's just an intro. Why does it need to be skippable?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    The intro experience thing really, really needs to be skippable, or at least skippable once you have completed it on at least one toon. If someone decides to level from 90-92 by doing dungeons or BGs, or whatever else they want to do, they should not have this mandatory intro experience rammed down their throats just to unlock Draenor. Back in Cata, doesn't everyone remember how irritating doing the lengthy questline to unlock Therazane rep (mandatory for shoulder enchants) or to unlock Twilight Highlands was on the 4th, 5th and 6th level 85 toon? I don't know why they would want to repeat that mistake again.
    But that's the whole point, Tiberria. The Tanaan Intro is meant to act as an intro experience for the automatic boosted 90s and the people actually levelling on Draenor.

Once the expansion is out and the person actually has it purchased, all they need to do is check their "Random Dungeons" and que up for the new dungeons or battlegrounds or whatever.

Whatever made you think this would be required for that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    Aye, just like the first few quests in Mists.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because doing a super linear story that takes about 45 mins on alts isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    But that's the whole point, Tiberria. The Tanaan Intro is meant to act as an intro experience for the automatic boosted 90s and the people actually levelling on Draenor.

Once the expansion is out and the person actually has it purchased, all they need to do is check their "Random Dungeons" and que up for the new dungeons or battlegrounds or whatever.

Whatever made you think this would be required for that?

- - - Updated - - -

Aye, just like the first few quests in Mists.
    That's actually false, you need to complete the intro experience before being able to que for dungeons. He is right but I don't think its necessary to make it skippable.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    That's actually false, you need to complete the intro experience before being able to que for dungeons. He is right but I don't think its necessary to make it skippable.
    Wait, do you actually?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Because doing a super linear story that takes about 45 mins on alts isn't fun.
    Oh no! 45 minutes?! In an MMORPG?! Unacceptable!

I don't see how it's any different than the MoP intro to be honest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh no! 45 minutes?! In an MMORPG?! Unacceptable!
    45 mins for EVERY alt. Yes, that is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    The intro experience thing really, really needs to be skippable, or at least skippable once you have completed it on at least one toon. If someone decides to level from 90-92 by doing dungeons or BGs, or whatever else they want to do, they should not have this mandatory intro experience rammed down their throats just to unlock Draenor. Back in Cata, doesn't everyone remember how irritating doing the lengthy questline to unlock Therazane rep (mandatory for shoulder enchants) or to unlock Twilight Highlands was on the 4th, 5th and 6th level 85 toon? I don't know why they would want to repeat that mistake again.
    I never thought I'd see the day where people would actually be complaining about story-intensive, engaging experiences. Guess I shouldn't expect more from Tiberria and Wrathonia though, who complain about every little thing in Warlords of Draenor.

I mean, seriously? Calm down, it's 45 whole minutes out of your leveling experience. If you think that playing through a storyline for 45 minutes is a waste of time, I don't know how you ever spent any time leveling through MoP. Areas like the Jade Forest had a linear questing path that took you nearly 45 minutes to get to a point of decent reputation where you could venture out of the starting zone. Therazane rep was a different story because it basically required that you completed the entire zone (which was nearly 100 quests), and I never thought the grind for Twilight Highlands was that bad. How do you guys play other video games that "require" you to go through story content in order to play the game?

Jesus christ, if you don't have 45 minutes to spend you shouldn't even be playing an MMORPG. It's ment to be time consuming.

It's your choice to level alts. Leveling an alt is already a time-consuming process, I don't know why you'd complain about 45 minutes of that time being "wasted."

At this point you're just looking for any excuse to bash Blizzard for anything you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    It's your choice to level alts. Leveling an alt is already a time-consuming process, I don't know why you'd complain about 45 minutes of that time being "wasted."

At this point you're just looking for any excuse to bash Blizzard for anything you can.
    Ay. Wrathonia, you're digging way too deep to be upset about this. Do you really think the average player actually cares about this kind of crap?

Us on the forums are the only ones who bitch about things as ridiculous as what I'm quoting right now.

Chill out.

Jesus christ, if you don't have 45 minutes to spend you shouldn't even be playing an MMORPG. It's ment to be time consuming.
    But you don't get it! That's 45 minutes for every alt, and what about people who have 12 alts! They shouldn't be forced to sit through that madness, even though it took them way longer than 45 minutes to level up each alt!!

Really there are people on these boards who are clearly tired of MMOs yet they keep coming back and poisoning these threads with what they "feel" are bad ideas in the game.

15+ Year Old Account

45 mins doing the same exact things multiple times is unacceptable. Leveling alts should be an excuse to experience leveling content in a new way. Not the exact same way over and over again. And thanks for jumping on the Blizz bandwagon of making expansions less and less alt friendly over the years. It's one of the reasons that I have been subbed to the game less and less.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It is though. It doesn't look like a toddler. Try less hyperbole.
    To me, it does look like a toddler trying to keep her balance. Others have said she looks like a drunk trying to keep her balance. Try understanding the opinion of others.

Sig by Isilrien

45 mins doing the same exact things multiple times is unacceptable. Leveling alts should be an excuse to experience leveling content in a new way. Not the exact same way over and over again. And thanks for jumping on the Blizz bandwagon of making expansions less and less alt friendly over the years. It's one of the reasons that I have been subbed to the game less and less.
    Did you ever think there's no band wagon?

Did you ever think it's your own pessimism and just simply growing out of the game?

I dont see Shampro, nor myself, nor ANY other poster in this thread complaining about the length of the intro.

Also, if you haven't noticed, you're required to do some form of intro in, well... EVERY MMO before you can do anything.

So I ask again: are you actually complaining about anything, or are you complaining for complainting's sake?

15+ Year Old Account
    Agree. Linear, heavily scripted intros with absolutely no wavering or variety are boring after the first few times through. Heck, the rigid questing structure of Cata was one of people's biggest complaints. Do these three quests, then these three, then those two. New quests do not unlock until these are done. Oh you wanted to skip this hub and go to that one? Tough cookies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Did you ever think there's no band wagon?

Did you ever think it's your own pessimism and just simply growing out of the game?

I dont see Shampro, nor myself, nor ANY other poster in this thread complaining about the length of the intro.

Also, if you haven't noticed, you're required to do some form of intro in, well... EVERY MMO before you can do anything.

So I ask again: are you actually complaining about anything, or are you complaining for complainting's sake?
    /waves

I don't like it either.

Sig by Isilrien

I'm sorry, but anytime you level an alt there are inevitably things you have to do over and over that take far longer than 45 minutes. Any dungeon you do is "repeating the content" and every dungeon from lv15 - lv90 combined takes faaaaaar longer than doing one entry scenario into Draenor.

I don't think Blizz is making expansions less alt-friendly. I've been playing since Vanilla and this is the easiest it has ever been to level a new alt. I made a new Paladin and got him from level 1 to level 90 within a month, which is fast for me (considering my last Pally alt took me six months to get from lv86 - lv90). They've introduced heirlooms, dungeon finder, made dungeon quests more accessible, squished all of the experience for lower levels, and streamlined the questing process. So don't sit there and try to claim they are making the game less alt-friendly when back in Vanilla / BC it took more than 20 days of played time to get a character to max level, not to mention the fact that gearing them up with anything but heroic dungeon gear was out of the realm of possibility.

Agree. Linear, heavily scripted intros with absolutely no wavering or variety are boring after the first few times through. Heck, the rigid questing structure of Cata was one of people's biggest complaints. Do these three quests, then these three, then those two. New quests do not unlock until these are done. Oh you wanted to skip this hub and go to that one? Tough cookies.
    There's a big difference between an entire expansion being linear, and a 45 minute intro experience being linear. It takes me longer than 45 minutes to drive into work in the morning. If you don't have that kind of time to spare, why are you wasting so much time on an MMO? You say that beyond the first few alts it will be boring, well my question is, what can Blizzard do that wouldn't be boring to anyone who levels so many alts? You have to recognize that the people who player more than 2 or 3 alts religiously are in the minority and Blizzard doesn't design content for you guys, neither should they. The same complaint came up with MoP dailies and the argument is still the same; leveling up multiple characters is your choice. Deal with it.
    Last edited by IxilaFA; 2014-06-26 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post

- - - Updated - - -

/waves

I don't like it either.
    Aye, and both of your reasonings don't make sense to me.

Agree to disagree, then.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but anytime you level an alt there are inevitably things you have to do over and over that take far longer than 45 minutes. Any dungeon you do is "repeating the content" and every dungeon from lv15 - lv90 combined takes faaaaaar longer than doing one entry scenario into Draenor.

I don't think Blizz is making expansions less alt-friendly. I've been playing since Vanilla and this is the easiest it has ever been to level a new alt. I made a new Paladin and got him from level 1 to level 90 within a month, which is fast for me (considering my last Pally alt took me six months to get from lv86 - lv90). They've introduced heirlooms, dungeon finder, made dungeon quests more accessible, squished all of the experience for lower levels, and streamlined the questing process. So don't sit there and try to claim they are making the game less alt-friendly when back in Vanilla / BC it took more than 20 days of played time to get a character to max level, not to mention the fact that gearing them up with anything but heroic dungeon gear was out of the realm of possibility.
    It isn't about the length of time. It's about the lack of variety and choice.

Also, Cata was probably the worst in terms of alt-friendliness, Classic aside (as nobody really expected anyone to have alts in Classic). Wrath was where alts flowed like water, and the sudden steep drop in Cata was a bit jarring. MoP is getting back to being friendlier, but the daily wall at the beginning of the expansion made it feel a lot less alt-friendly than it currently is.

Linear, heavily scripted zones and hubs are one of the main drawback of alts. It gets very monotonous very fast.
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2014-06-26 at 07:52 PM.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing I work on only one character.. Actually I don't care. It is only 45 minutes. That is nothing... rofl people complain about anything.