Simca still believes its coming in next 2 weeks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Exactly, just last week Celestalon was teasing that they were planning to release a large info release as a 33 page document very soon. This week, we find out that they aren't doing that and instead are only releasing one small portion of it tonight and then another small portion late next week. What it sounds like is internally they decided to delay beta by a number of weeks (when they originally were going to release it this week or next) and so are going to gradually release info to tide us over.
    Unless I am mistaken they already clarified that the small blog posts are separate from this big one. I believe it was explained a few (hundred) pages back that more than likely what is happening is we are getting a big document tonight and throughout the next month or so they will be explaining the document in smaller blog posts. This leads me to the exact opposite conclusion of you. Beta is being released very soon. The reason for the smaller explanation blog posts is to make people who are not in the beta feel like they are in the know as well. Keep in mind, before you tell me they will get all the information regardless, LOTS of people do not come on MMOC.

Exactly, just last week Celestalon was teasing that they were planning to release a large info release as a 33 page document very soon. This week, we find out that they aren't doing that and instead are only releasing one small portion of it tonight and then another small portion late next week. What it sounds like is internally they decided to delay beta by a number of weeks (when they originally were going to release it this week or next) and so are going to gradually release info to tide us over.
    Last time you thought there was a delay with 5.4.7 and it would be a 3 week warning (when it wound up being 2) and then said they would delay the pvp season start because 5.4.7 was bugged. Neither happened

MMO-C clearly thinks its still imminent. I trust them more than anyone else on this board as they have inside info.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Unless I am mistaken they already clarified that the small blog posts are separate from this big one. I believe it was explained a few (hundred) pages back that more than likely what is happening is we are getting a big document tonight and throughout the next month or so they will be explaining the document in smaller blog posts. This leads me to the exact opposite conclusion of you. Beta is being released very soon. The reason for the smaller explanation blog posts is to make people who are not in the beta feel like they are in the know as well. Keep in mind, before you tell me they will get all the information regardless, LOTS of people do not come on MMOC.
    You need to read the tweets over the last few days more closely. They have already clarified that
    (1) They are breaking apart the large 33 page document into smaller more manageable articles that they are going to be releasing
    (2) What we are getting tonight is the first of those articles/blogs
    (3) There is no class change information coming tonight, just general systems info/philosophies
    (4) The next blog (confirmed tonight to be coming late next week) is about healing and health pools
    (5) They don't plan to release the major class change info until beta is imminent/in process

2 hours left!!

If someone could link MoP info dump that would be appreciated so I can see how many details it has

- - - Updated - - -

You need to read the tweets over the last few days more closely. They have already clarified that
    (1) They are breaking apart the large 33 page document into smaller more manageable articles that they are going to be releasing
    (3) There is no class change information coming tonight, just general systems info/philosophies
    (4) The next blog (confirmed tonight to be coming late next week) is about healing and health pools
    (5) They don't plan to release the major class change info until beta is imminent/in process
    If it can be released in process, then that means we don't need these to finish to get beta.

I don't know but with the current hype train, if I was blizzard I'd totally tease you more than planned. I'd probably release the 33 page document one sentence at a time every few days

I'd also give a promotion to rygarius for driving the hype train

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe it was explained a few (hundred) pages back that more than likely what is happening is we are getting a big document tonight and throughout the next month or so they will be explaining the document in smaller blog posts.
    I think this was already cut and pasted somewhere a few pages back, and I don't know if it helps you or hurts you at this point (I'm so confused with the back and forth). It goes to what you're saying in any event:

Ross Wildish ‏@RossWildish 2h
    @Celestalon When's this big WoD post we're supposed to be getting? Is this it?

Celestalon ‏@Celestalon 2h
    .@RossWildish This is bits of that. It's so huge, we're breaking it up into digestible chunks. There's some new info in there.

Deleted
    How did everyone cope with past expansion info dumps? Were they 'digestible' chunks?

1. Show me that Tweet, I have not seen that one.
    2. See Above
    3. Confirmed True
    4. Show me this Tweet is confirmed for next week
    5. You have no evidence of this, at all.

When I ask for Tweets, I am legit asking for the tweets, I have yet to see them, I have been very busy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    I think this was already cut and pasted somewhere a few pages back, and I don't know if it helps you or hurts you at this point (I'm so confused with the back and forth). It goes to what you're saying in any event:

Ross Wildish ‏@RossWildish 2h
    @Celestalon When's this big WoD post we're supposed to be getting? Is this it?

.@RossWildish This is bits of that. It's so huge, we're breaking it up into digestible chunks. There's some new info in there.
    Ok thanks.

In response to seeing these.... there is still no proof they will be breaking it up over weeks and months.

Also, it doesn't bother me that much, the whole situation is just for the information, nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    It happens when it happens.

Why is anyone up in arms about it at this point? I mean damn, I know you guys have other shit you could be doing. Let them get hyped about it if they want.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

For those who don't frequent reddit from bashiok:

bashiok_foreal 14 points 2 hours ago
    The goal with the blog going up today is largely to paint a broad picture of some interconnected systems changes. From the recent press tour there's been a lot of confusion and misconceptions because individual changes are being seen without a larger context of the expansion as a whole. We're just looking to provide a little more of that context. If you've been following interviews and information very closely this will likely be interesting, but probably not revelatory.

The fact that they're releasing any of this 33 page info block is a damn good sign. It means there are sections of it so done that they're basically ready for patch notes, but they want to control the message by putting everything into context before giving us details.

HYPE
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    How did everyone cope with past expansion info dumps? Were they 'digestible' chunks?
    They were done by fan sites, not Blizz iirc.

IMO they should work to clear up the talk about simplifying currencies, the new loot system, and how this smart roll system works (though they won't tell us too much to keep us from gaming it)

1. Show me that Tweet, I have not seen that one.
    2. See Above
    3. Confirmed True
    4. Show me this Tweet is confirmed for next week
    5. You have no evidence of this, at all.

When I ask for Tweets, I am legit asking for the tweets, I have yet to see them, I have been very busy.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok thanks.

In response to seeing these.... there is still no proof they will be breaking it up over weeks and months.
    I never said they were breaking it up over "weeks and months". I said that it makes it sound very clearly like beta is not imminent - at least not through next week.

1. Was already copied and pasted a couple posts up.

FYI: This evening's blog post that's going up at 6pm will discuss some design philosophy of system changes. Won't include specific changes.

@Celestalon @RossWildish Can we expect the other upcoming blog posts to cover the same topic as tonight's, or will they all be different?
    @MitchEvanson @RossWildish Different. Next is about health and healing.

@Rygarius Can you tell us the time frame for the healing blog? Can't wait to see how it affects my shammy
    @Pinkvelvet33 The next blog is tentatively slated for sometime later next week. Keep in mind it's still about philosophy, not details.

@Rygarius will a future up date blogs include things for each class or is that a beta thing?
    @Demonflavor Maybe later on, and mostly a beta thing when having those details would make more sense.

Rygarius ‏@Rygarius 2h
    It's not beta and not the full patch notes at 6pm. It's going to go over philosophies for some of the system changes coming in #Warlords.
    @KodeClay There's still something coming up at 6, but isn't the end-all announcement that people have been making it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    They were done by fan sites, not Blizz iirc.
    Yeah Blizzard wasn't even on Twitter last time lol. Times change. I might hate Facebook but I love Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by yeryerdude View Post
    For those who don't frequent reddit from bashiok:

bashiok_foreal 14 points 2 hours ago
    The goal with the blog going up today is largely to paint a broad picture of some interconnected systems changes. From the recent press tour there's been a lot of confusion and misconceptions because individual changes are being seen without a larger context of the expansion as a whole. We're just looking to provide a little more of that context. If you've been following interviews and information very closely this will likely be interesting, but probably not revelatory.
    That's exactly what I want

10+ Year Old Account
    This series of tweets all but rules out beta for next week. They are not planning to release the second blog until late next week, and we know that the second blog is about healing and health pools - so clearly not a large release of information. He also tweeted (paraphrased) that there is no point releasing class changes/beta notes until beta is imminent. Clearly, beta is not imminent - at least as of late next week.

You then have to wonder about how close to the RoS launch they would really be willing to release beta. I can't see them wanting to do it within 10 days of RoS's launch to avoid competing with their own hype. That almost makes the week of April 7 look like where this is going - especially if they want to line up the beta close to the release date of ESO. If that happens, the implications for release are huge. August would be almost ruled out.
    Im fine waiting until August if they give us more then 7 dungeons.. Make it 12 and we will talk =)

There is no hard and fast rule that this series of blogs needs to come out before beta.