Thread: I'm confused

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think the better question is "why do vegans automatically think they are better than everyone else"??

they have to remind you every 10minutes that they are a vegan.
    I'm a vegan i don't do that
    I'm a vegan i don't eat that
    I'm a vegan that is disgusting.

If your a vegan nobody cares. You are not better than the rest of us

10+ Year Old Account
    My experience with Vegans has always pretty much been that they know they're in the minority and don't try to push their views on me, as long as I don't look down on them for their choices.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account

I think it's silly to force a pet to be vegetarian or vegan -.-'

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post
    To be honest with it's also perfectly natural for humans to kill and eat animals, we've kind of been doing it for millions of years, presumably that's why we still do to this very day.

I feel vegans and vegetarians live in some fantasy world where we aren't part of the natural food chain and just started fucking with the system out of nowhere. I'm all for animal rights and humane farms, but I also really like meat. I'm assuming that many people agree that cooked meat smells and tastes wonderful.
    Not a vegan, but when we're raising and killing over 60 billion animals each year for meat (something around 2k each second), I don't think seeing us as outside "natural food chain" is fantasy at all.

But well, of course, this depends on what definition of "nature" you take. If you take it as "material world and its phenomena", of course, we're not outside it, but if you go for the definition of it used in biology, "all natural phenomena and plant and animal life, as distinct from man and his creations", then of course, we're outside it. Should be a clear distinction between these two meanings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I can confirm you are in fact confused.
    /signed, lots of people in here seem very confused.

People seem to only know strange vegans in this thread. Most I know don't care at all about what other people do, they made their choice, they can explain it if you ask them, but they won't ever go around talking to you as if they were "superior". All I know actually have pets (all cats only currently), I've never seen any of them using "vegan pet food". And most also aren't "judgemental about eating animals", they just made their choice, and follow it without judging those who chose a different path.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Not a vegan, but when we're raising and killing over 60 billion animals each year for meat (something around 2k each second), I don't think seeing us as outside "natural food chain" is fantasy at all.

But well, of course, this depends on what definition of "nature" you take. If you take it as "material world and its phenomena", of course, we're not outside it, but if you go for the definition of it used in biology, "all natural phenomena and plant and animal life, as distinct from man and his creations", then of course, we're outside it. Should be a clear distinction between these two meanings.

/signed, lots of people in here seem very confused.

People seem to only know strange vegans in this thread. Most I know don't care at all about what other people do, they made their choice, they can explain it if you ask them, but they won't ever go around talking to you as if they were "superior". All I know actually have pets (all cats only currently), I've never seen any of them using "vegan pet food". And most also aren't "judgemental about eating animals", they just made their choice, and follow it without judging those who chose a different path.
    Actually it is known that vegans do actually think they are "superior" to meat eaters.
    And anybody who knows a vegan(or even spoken to one) will tell you that

It's like that saying goes.
    How do you know somebody is a vegetarian??
    Don't worry they will tell you about 100 times

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    Actually it is known that vegans do actually think they are "superior" to meat eaters.

Well then you talk on common ground I guess.

No for the hundredth time chicken bouillon is non vegetarian.
    No even if I wouldn't notice it it wouldn't be ok you don't sneak bacon into halal/kosher food too.
    It doesnt matter if I would eat meat instead of starving.
    Yes I would eat meat to safe the life of my brother.
    Not everything that contains no meat is a side-dish.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

I think it's silly to force a pet to be vegetarian or vegan -.-'
    I think you don't have to force rabbits or many species of birds.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-02-04 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

That hasn't been my experience with vegans at all. Usually they keep their philosophy on food to themselves unless insulted or asked about it, only mentioning their veganism to mention foods they can't eat if someone else is preparing food for them.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    What do vegans feed their pets?

Also what do they think when they see some wild life rip each other apart before eating whatvthey killed?

Also why are they so judgemental about eating animals?

Lastly I saw one with stickers on their car cliaming animals rights, vegan bliss etc... they had leather seats
    Usually vegans, and vegetarians do not even own pets. It's kinda logical that they don't.
    Animals are animals, humans have plenty of other options for what to cook for dinner.
    "They" are not all judgemental, but I always see non-vegetarians bitch way more than the vegetarians and vegans do.

So according to you, I was superior when I took a 12 month break from meat, and never once felt, saw or acted more superior than my friends and familiy when they had meat.
    Last edited by Neliah; 2014-02-04 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    Usually vegans, and vegetarians do not even own pets. It's kinda logical that they don't.
    Animals are animals, humans have plenty of other options for what to cook for dinner.
    "They" are not all judgemental, but I always see non-vegetarians bitch way more than the vegetarians and vegans do.

So according to you, I was superior when I took a 12 month break from meat, and never once felt, saw or acted more superior than my friends and familiy when they had meat.
    Yes you already think you are better than me because you took a 12month break of eating meat..
    I never asked you for your details of when you stopped eating meat did i?
    but you just had to add it in to make yourself seem like your saving the planet or something.
    I enjoy eating steak, pork, bacon, chicken
    But you dont see me starting off all my sentences off with
    I'm a meat eater so blah blah blah
    I'm a meat eater so i guess illl blah blah blah
    I been eating meat my whole life so.. blah blah blah
    I recently ate meat for a whole month straight blah blah blah

thats how annoying you sound when you point out your vegetarian lifestyle

Deleted
    Yes you already think you are better than me because you took a 12month break of eating meat..
    I never asked you for your details of when you stopped eating meat did i?
    but you just had to add it in to make yourself seem like your saving the planet or something.
    I enjoy eating steak, pork, bacon, chicken
    But you dont see me starting off all my sentences off with
    I'm a meat eater so blah blah blah
    I'm a meat eater so i guess illl blah blah blah
    I been eating meat my whole life so.. blah blah blah
    I recently ate meat for a whole month straight blah blah blah

thats how annoying you sound when you point out your vegetarian lifestyle
    The "hate vegans/vegetarians" and the "I luv bacon" threads are very frequent I didn't saw a genuine op vegetarian/vegan topic in the last months here.

Preachy meat eaters are annoying as fuck just stop it you and you and you and you too and exspecially you superstarz.
    How terrible of those dirty green fodder munchers that they actually try to highlight the positive aspects when people lash out like rabid baboons all of the time.

The blatant spite and disrespect is appaling.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-02-04 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    The "hate vegans/vegetarians" and the "I luv bacon" threads are very frequent I didn't saw a genuine op vegetarian/vegan topic in the last months here.

Preachy meat eaters are annoying as fuck just stop you and you and you and you.
    How terrible of those dirty green fodder munchers that they actually try to highlight the positive aspects when people lash out like rabid baboons all of the time.
    I think if you dont eat meat its a good thing. 1 less animal has to die for you.
    but dont be smug about it.
    But the sad thing is most vegetarians are smug and think they are "superior" than the rest of us because they dont eat meat

Deleted
    I think if you dont eat meat its a good thing. 1 less animal has to die for you.
    but dont be smug about it.
    But the sad thing is most vegetarians are smug and think they are "superior" than the rest of us because they dont eat meat
    Not necessary on a global level see even if they think their diet is more moral that doesn't mean that they are on a global level
    more moral than you.

Its generalisation nothing more.

Do you donate stuff or you may work for charity or do you safe energy, help old people over the road or whatever there is probably a single issue in which you claim moral highround that is no objective fact and doesnt mean you are globally a better human.

They probably care less for you then for some animals same for your oppinion its not so much about human moral superiority probably in most cases .
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-02-04 at 11:24 PM.

Not necessary on a global level see even if they think their diet is more moral that doesn't mean that they are on a global level
    more moral than you.

Its generalisation nothing more.

Do you donate stuff or you may work for charity or do you safe energy, help old people over the road or whatever there is probably a single issue in which you claim moral highround that is no objective fact and doesnt mean you are globally a better human.

They probably care less for you then for some animals same for your oppinion.
    Yeah but the difference is if somebody helps an old person cross the road, or works for charity they dont tell you about it 100 times. They probably tell you once thats it. they dont need to remind you every single day of how they did something good in this world.
    If somebody is vegetarian they will remind you about 100 times
    They also start all their sentences with "im vegetarian so"

Deleted
    If somebody is vegetarian they will remind you about 100 times
    They also start all their sentences with "im vegetarian so"
    If you ask them about food and their diet or want to eat with them its your own fault that you
    don't understand it the first time somebody explains it to you.

Or it should be tolerable as long as you are not frequently monologuing or asking alot of rethoric questions but those were errors on your accord again.
    There might be some preachers out there but Its unlikely that you ever met somebody.

Outside of some niches people will all be "I luv bacon shut up vegans" even if they didn't preach.
    Who is intolerant?

If you ask them about food and their diet or want to eat with them its your own fault that you
    don't understand it the first time somebody explains it to you.

Or it should be tolerable as long as you are not frequently monologuing or asking alot of rethoric questions but those were errors on your accord again.
    There might be some preachers out there but Its unlikely that you ever met somebody.

Outside of some niches people will all be "I luv bacon shut up vegans" even if they didn't preach.
    Who is intolerant?
    What are you talking about??
    nobody ever ask a vegetarian if they are.. they just tell you.
    if you look at this thread all the vegetarians in here either have the words "im a vegetarian" or "i dont eat meat" in it.
    even though nobody asked.
    they just start their sentences with it.
    "i dont eat meat and thats not true blah blah blah"
    "i dont eat meat so does that mean blah blah blah"

Deleted
    The answer to all your questions - Superiority.

That's the only thing that would make sense. Think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Well the thing is that if you dont replace meat with some other proteins and iron it can get realy nasty.
    The problem:
    Bad body repair (if you are vegan and you have a accident you will have a much harder recovory).
    Worse breathing (no high mountains for you).

And much much more. (oh and you have to eat a fish)
    I'm not a vegan but I am a vegetarian who has iron levels on the high end (I donate blood). I go mountain biking, on mountains, and the cuts I get doing so heal up just fine. It's also extremely rare that I become ill. I don't take any supplements in the form of pills etc, things like mycoprotein in products such as Quorn are fine.

Not trying to disprove what you said, just found it humorous with my situation .

On the subject of pets, I've always fed my dogs meat and think it would be verging on cruel to deny them their natural diet. I don't enjoy watching wild animals kill and/or eat other wild animals but I wouldn't try and stop it, I would stop my dogs from killing something though because they already have an adequete source of food (and one is so stupid she'd try and eat whatever it was in one go).

*edit* The anger from some people in this thread is funny, for the record I don't give a shit what you eat .
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2014-02-05 at 11:48 AM.

I have to admit the use of the word "flesh" instead of meat amused me.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I'm a vegan and my wife is not.

I cook her meat dishes as well as give my cats meat based cat food.

Don't stereotype vegans into some blabbering self righteous community. I'm not Vegan to change the world, I am vegan for my own personal reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post

I feel vegans and vegetarians live in some fantasy world where we aren't part of the natural food chain and just started fucking with the system out of nowhere.
    I'd say they believe we've grown past that. I think they believe we're too civilized now to be doing that.