Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Grunt Regaliona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Does Blizz really expect people to keep running it for months and months without being able to pug it easily?
    When they nerfed previous raids it worked out really well for the community. There was still heroic for the hardcore raiders to fall back on and casual players had the opportunity to pug normal.

    Siege has been out for a few months now. It's not like gear or time is the reason people aren't able to progress. A nerf will help guilds that are stuck as well.
    Actually many ppl are pugging normal. On Silvermoon for example every pug is for normal, and you can't find flex there. I pugged garrosh for example. Quite smooth kill, only 1 wipe

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    They are upping the current 476 ilvl weapons to 489 ilvl weapons. Nothing more then this. Will not make a lick of difference in non-LFR SoO.

    As for the nerfs, the nerfs for DS and ICC did not come out for quite some time after they were released. It was a bit past the 5 month mark for DS and ICC. SoO has been out for almost, but not quite 5 months. I'm expecting the rolling nerfs to come once 5.4.7 hits, or perhaps the week after.
    They are nerfing SoO with hotfixes every 2nd week, kinda. And you want bigger nerfs? go play Tetris

  2. #82
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Why would they nerf it? IT already has FOUR difficulty settings as it is (LFR / Flex / Norm / Heroic). If you cant manage to find one of those difficulty stages that fits you, why should they nerf an existing one just so you can feel better about "beating" content you clearly are not ready for?
    This! I haven't even done a full clear on flex yet. But if they Nerf lets say normal. I would just sit back with an empty feeling of loneliness. There would be no awesomeness of beating it then. SO KEEP IT as is
    Do not approach bears. Guard your food at all times.
    Druid: Imzoo
    Priest:Ari

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Taik View Post
    I am currently sitting at 11/14hc with my guild, and although I don't expect these DS/ICC nerfs, I still fear they will be implemented. I'd hate to have killed Garrosh hc with a 10% nerf on it (the first time that is).


    You can talk to the NPC and turn of the cheat you know? nothing forces you or your guild to have to down it with the baddie buff active just talk to the NPC they will implement and it is turned off. back to difficulty it was the week before baddie buff entered.

  4. #84
    Wasn't Flex designed specificly for this?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    You can talk to the NPC and turn of the cheat you know? nothing forces you or your guild to have to down it with the baddie buff active just talk to the NPC they will implement and it is turned off. back to difficulty it was the week before baddie buff entered.
    Good luck doing that when you want to keep your guildmembers. You can't turn off "the cheat" when you are competing against other guilds. Noit just for progression, you are competing for players to keep the guild going.

  5. #85
    Herald of the Titans Theodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Key distinction here. They were nerfed when we got a new tier. So if there are nerfs, they'll hit with 6.0.
    This point, I feel, is key. Blizzard nerf content when a new tier is released, and I believe that part of the reason for that is to allow others to gear up for the current tier easier. As long as SoO is the current tier it shouldn't be nerfed, but that might change when the expansion is imminent (expansion release being a big exception)
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

  6. #86

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishpsycho View Post
    False. Some fights are harder on 10 man i.e Siegecrafter and Garrosh, while Malkorok and Klaxxi are both easier.
    A guild on my server switched to 25H from 10H recently and they plowed through 25H up to Malkorok and subsequently hit the proverbial brick wall. They have experience up to Blackfuse so it's not like they don't know what they're doing.

  8. #88
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,057
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    A guild on my server switched to 25H from 10H recently and they plowed through 25H up to Malkorok and subsequently hit the proverbial brick wall. They have experience up to Blackfuse so it's not like they don't know what they're doing.

    Yeah my own guild is going 25 man for the first time tonight and I'm a bit concerned about Malkorok and Klaxxi tbh. Those seems to be the really hard fights on 25 man, as far as I've been told. That said, we overgear the entire instance now and I'd like to think that we aren't completely nubs, having killed Heroic Garrosh on 10 man. Then again, we have a ton of new players, some of them with far less experience. It's going to be interesting^^

  9. #89
    This point, I feel, is key. Blizzard nerf content when a new tier is released, and I believe that part of the reason for that is to allow others to gear up for the current tier easier. As long as SoO is the current tier it shouldn't be nerfed, but that might change when the expansion is imminent (expansion release being a big exception)
    This notion was rendered obsolete in T15 when they decided that current LFR tier should award better gear than last tier normal gear, even hc (502 for MSV HC and 502 for T15 LFR). Arguably, T14 HC was two levels above LFR and required good coordination for some bosses that cant be overgeared (like vizier/SK / Emperors w/o rogue soaker). Even with uber-nerfs to ToT HC, it's still not enticing for people to gear up. It's always better to opt for easier choice and RNG gods rather than try to get into full ToT clear group that can take 4 hrs of non-stop raiding.

  10. #90
    Herald of the Titans T Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Does Blizz really expect people to keep running it for months and months without being able to pug it easily?
    When they nerfed previous raids it worked out really well for the community. There was still heroic for the hardcore raiders to fall back on and casual players had the opportunity to pug normal.

    Siege has been out for a few months now. It's not like gear or time is the reason people aren't able to progress. A nerf will help guilds that are stuck as well.
    The raid was nerfed because people didnt get to see the content. Due to flex a lot of people have seen it and more than DS and LK.

    Also, it depends on your server as the 3 servers I play on all pug SoO hc 10/25 man weekly with ease.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaroch View Post
    Most of the people in US servers raid 25M while EU raids 10M
    63 US guilds are 14/14 HC 25 Man

    132 EU guilds are 14/14 HC 25 Man.

    Next?

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Regaliona View Post
    Actually many ppl are pugging normal. On Silvermoon for example every pug is for normal, and you can't find flex there. I pugged garrosh for example. Quite smooth kill, only 1 wipe
    I don't know if couple of superservers count as "many ppl doing normals". A ton of realms doesn't have pugs capable of killing Garrosh on normal - assuming they even have pugs at all.

  13. #93
    Herald of the Titans T Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I don't know if couple of superservers count as "many ppl doing normals". A ton of realms doesn't have pugs capable of killing Garrosh on normal - assuming they even have pugs at all.
    As I said, depends on your server. there are many servers freely pugging normal / heroic.... There are also many servers who don't.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    As I said, depends on your server. there are many servers freely pugging normal / heroic.... There are also many servers who don't.
    if u count maybe 10 EU and 10 US servers as "many" then sure many -_- and its not "freely" pugging when those pugs u mean are few weekend runs made by the 10/14 Hc exp raiders alt runs with similiar requirements as their experience to get in -_- ye we have those on draenor EU too its like 2-3 weekend groups capable of killing stuff rest of pugs dissaemble on norushen -_-

  15. #95
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,281
    They have nerfed the fights. If targeted 20% hp nerfs on adds / damage effects on existing encounters that occured recently to some fights doesn't seem significant to you. Then you have no place in the content and should be stuck where you are at. Siege is the easier of the other tiers this expansion anyhow. Don't worry though you have 6 more months to clear the content out of like 12 total months. It only took me 2-3 to finish the game . Have fun

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    63 US guilds are 14/14 HC 25 Man

    132 EU guilds are 14/14 HC 25 Man.

    Next?
    Yes best be searching for your next recruits. LOL20man Mythic

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Danishpsycho View Post
    Yeah my own guild is going 25 man for the first time tonight and I'm a bit concerned about Malkorok and Klaxxi tbh. Those seems to be the really hard fights on 25 man, as far as I've been told. That said, we overgear the entire instance now and I'd like to think that we aren't completely nubs, having killed Heroic Garrosh on 10 man. Then again, we have a ton of new players, some of them with far less experience. It's going to be interesting^^
    klaxxi got some nerfs recently. You'll be fine. Malkorok is about soaking. If about 10 people can pay attention boss dies.

  16. #96
    I don't think they need to nerf the fights...I think they need to fix the drop percentage and make it easier for people to get pieces. Similar to how ToT and all the raids before are. It would be nice if I could focus on some new level 90's to gear up.

  17. #97
    People have been steadily progressing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by charliebr0wn85 View Post
    I don't think they need to nerf the fights...I think they need to fix the drop percentage and make it easier for people to get pieces. Similar to how ToT and all the raids before are. It would be nice if I could focus on some new level 90's to gear up.
    Yeah, it'd be nice to see people get their heroic immerseus trinket when they've been rolling a coin on it for months with no luck.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Does Blizz really expect people to keep running it for months and months without being able to pug it easily?
    When they nerfed previous raids it worked out really well for the community. There was still heroic for the hardcore raiders to fall back on and casual players had the opportunity to pug normal.

    Siege has been out for a few months now. It's not like gear or time is the reason people aren't able to progress. A nerf will help guilds that are stuck as well.
    Heroic Dungons
    LFR
    Timeless Isle
    Coins
    Reputation vendors
    And a Legendary that only requires time to get.

    All of those sources for upgraded gear to make normals easier and you STILL want a nerf?

  19. #99
    The Patient KonkeroaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Frozen Wastes... of Canada
    Posts
    260
    Doing content without huge* nerfs is much more rewarding than doing it after the whole thing has been nerf carpet bombed.

    *There have been nerfs, but it's no 30% blanket nerf.

  20. #100
    Started pugging flex at 515 ilvl. I'm at 550 ilvl now having finished my legendary cloak. I have 0 pieces from normal (though i've started raiding normals now with my guild). I've yet to see a normal group require more then 550 ilvl. No reason other people can't do what i did.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •