Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    She looks great in the photos from the finale, she looks fit and in amazing shape... I don't see the issue, she's very thin yes but there's nothing wrong with where she is... Loser is hardly what I would call her accomplishment.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

She lost 45 pounds in ONE MONTH.

1 month.

She is not healthy.
    Here's a video of her reveal: http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser...876#i138851,p2

You also have to remember this is a show with a 250 000$ prize, which is awarded to whoever loses the highest percentage of weight. It is not awarded to whoever looks the healthiest. If she wanted that money, she had to keep going, even if it meant going underweight.

She did lose a lot of weight her last month, but some actors have done similar for roles. As long as you don't do it every 5 months, you should be ok.

If they do a "where are they now" next season and she looks even thiner, I will worried.
    Last edited by Sideshownic; 2014-02-05 at 09:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptMitta View Post
    BMI is bullshit. I'm 6'3 at 150 pounds and I feel and look fine, but according to BMI im nearing underweight. Well I'd rather be underweight than a whale.
    I am exactly the same. I am have been borderline "unhealthy" since I was 14. BMI is a bad scale of health.
    Aye mate

In after lol jelous fatty.

Everyone's body is different, but looking at her, she has almost no muscle mass at all. If your body cant eat fat, then it eats muscle. And because Im totally a real doctor, it looks like she got that way with Not Enough Calories + Too much Aerobics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Google says 105 pounds = 47 kgs... welp, I'm anorexic then. Thanks for informing me, US

if I ever looked like that I'd consider myself fat as hell

How sad if you consider that fat as hell.

Google says 105 pounds = 47 kgs... welp, I'm anorexic then. Thanks for informing me, US

Really? I consider that yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/...MI/bmicalc.htm

If you're 5'6, and 105-108, that would put your BMI at 16.9 - 17.4. Anorexia is considered to be a risk if your BMI is under 17.5 (in the United States).

I'm 5'8 and usually weigh between 117-120, I ran a lot in college/hs and had to watch my weight to make sure it didn't get too low :P
    There is a difference though in the mental/eating disorder of anorexia causing the low BMI and people not eating properly/not being impacted negatively by having a low BMI. Certainly, anorexic people might have a BMI of a certain level, but I don't think all people with that BMI inherently have anorexia. Its a much more nuanced situation, obviously. Just like an alcoholic will be one that most likely drinks alone, but drinking alone doesn't make you an alcoholic.

- - - Updated - - -

Not 105 lbs skinny, surely, but certainly not fat as hell either : /

Quote Originally Posted by Arrousalla View Post
    She lost 45 pounds in ONE MONTH.

1 month.

She is not healthy.
    Here's a video of her reveal: http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser...876#i138851,p2
    45 pounds in 1 month is fine depending on where you start. Dont forget she wasnt "normal" or slightly above weight to start with, she was quite heavy, and your body does try to get to its preferred weight as much as it can, correcting her diet alone would result in a massive weight loss.
    Not to mention they are monitored by nutritionists and medical staff (or i hope so)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    45 pounds in 1 month is fine depending on where you start. Dont forget she wasnt "normal" or slightly above weight to start with, she was quite heavy, and your body does try to get to its preferred weight as much as it can, correcting her diet alone would result in a massive weight loss.
    Not to mention they are monitored by nutritionists and medical staff (or i hope so)
    IDK, even the trainers looked shocked, concerned, and not too happy.

Wow what a change and good for her. Sounds like people are butt hurt their favorite didn't win and they are using this as some kind of witch hunt to have the show reverse their decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    IDK, even the trainers looked shocked, concerned, and not too happy.
    For going out on her own more than anything

She's small (160cm), but personally, I think that normal, adult, caucasian person should not weigh only 47 kilos. It just feels unnatural, especially for this woman that certainly has genes for putting on weight. Most girls I know are taller, but weigh 60-70kg, and they are healthy and look fine. If they started aiming for sub-50kg weight, they would probably become obsessed with dieting, stop living normal lives and suffer mentally. No happiness down that road. So I hope other girls won't use this one's results as a goal.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    In my eyes she's too skinny, but the women in my family are a curvy lot so that's probably coloring my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    In my eyes she's too skinny, but the women in my family are a curvy lot so that's probably coloring my preference.
    For me, it's her face that looks off, too gaunt, yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    She's small (160cm), but personally, I think that normal, adult, caucasian person should not weigh only 47 kilos. It just feels unnatural, especially for this woman that certainly has genes for putting on weight. Most girls I know are taller, but weigh 60-70kg, and they are healthy and look fine. If they started aiming for sub-50kg weight, they would probably become obsessed with dieting, stop living normal lives and suffer mentally. No happiness down that road. So I hope other girls won't use this one's results as a goal.
    And since she has genes for putting on weight in 20-30 hours she could put on those 10-20 pounds people are crying about if she eats a lot of food. It's not any different than boxers do after the weigh in before the fight. She already won the show which is the point so who gives a shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    For me, it's her face that looks off, too gaunt, yuck.
    Due to being obese and losing weight, give it a few months on a good diet and right creams.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the bmi calcluator is fucking bullshit

it doesnt take into consideration body fat percentages
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 2014-02-05 at 10:08 AM.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Due to being obese and losing weight, give it a few months on a good diet and right creams.
    If she can stay on her vigorous diet. Fast weight loss is often followed by fast weight gain back bounce, because the kind of diet you need to lose that much weight that fast even at 250 is not easily sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    If she can stay on her vigorous diet. Fast weight loss is often followed by fast weight gain back bounce, because the kind of diet you need to lose that much weight that fast even at 250 is not easily sustainable.
    Not necessarily, the yo-yo effect is not due to how the diet is done, but because people dont understand that lifestyle makes you what you are, and after dieting they go back to having their "treats" and old habits as the "diet" is over, thus regain all the weight.
    It has to be a lifestyle change, not a diet once in a blue moon, if she keeps whatever changes she did as a new lifestyle and doesnt fall back into the old habits that got her obese in the first place, she will be fine :P

Just a guy trying to get views so he gets more extra money via YT partnership.