Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will High Overlord Saurfang kill Garrosh in WoD?

While questing through Northrend I came across this.

It says that Varok still has horrible memories of what happened under the Legion command and is haunted by the screams of the Draenei children. He also says that he will murder Garrosh if he were to ever happen down the path akin to the Legion's, like the one he has been on during the expansion.

High Overlord Saurfang: We are surrounded ... Our enemies press in from all sides, young Hellscream. The Scourge descends like locust from the north. The Alliance holds the only secure shipping lane in this region and even that is at risk of being lost to those dreaded mists. Our only viable port for resupply is held by the Forsaken on the other side of this blasted continent! Anything our zeppelins cannot haul must be brought in by ship and travel the length of Northrend to reach us.

(Garrosh Hellscream grunts)

Garrosh Hellscream: Shipping lanes ... supplies ... You bore me to death! We need nothing more than the warrior spirit of the Horde, Saurfang! Now that we are firmly entrenched in this frozen wasteland, nothing shall stop us!

Saurfang: Siege engines, ammunition, heavy armor ... How do you propose to shatter the walls of Icecrown without those?

Garrosh: Propose? I will show you what I propose! There ... (Garrosh crushes some figures on the battle map on the ground) Now we now have a shipping lane. And just for good measure ... (He crushes another group of figures)

Saurfang: So the prodigal son has spoken! Your father's blood runs strong in you, Hellscream. Impatient as always ... Impatient and reckless. You rush headlong into all-out war without a thought of the consequences.

Garrosh: Do not speak to me of consequences, old one.

Saurfang: I drank of the same blood your father did, Garrosh. Mannoroth's cursed venom pumped through my veins as well. I drove my weapons into the bodies and minds of my enemies. And while Grom died a glorious death - freeing us all from the blood curse - he could not wipe away the terrible memory of our past. His act could not erase the horrors we committed.

(High Overlord Saurfang pauses)

The winter after the curse was lifted, hundreds of veteran orcs like me were lost to despair. Our minds were finally free, yes ... Free to relive all of the unthinkable acts that we had performed under the Legion's influence.

(High Overlord Saurfang nods.)

I think it was the sounds of the draenei children that unnerved most of them ... You never forget ... Have you ever been to Jaggedswine Farm? When the swine are of age for the slaughter ... It's that sound. The sound of the swine being killed ... It resonates the loudest. Those are hard times for us older veterans.

Garrosh: But surely you cannot think that those children were born into innocence? They would have grown up and taken arms against us!

(High Overlord Saurfang shakes his head)

Saurfang: I am not speaking solely of the children of our enemies ...

(High Overlord Saurfang pauses)

I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes ...

Garrosh: How have you managed to survive for so long, Saurfang? Not fallen victim to your own memories?

Saurfang: I don't eat pork ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Empty threat just like vol'jins one. And varians one. And pretty much everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Empty threat just like vol'jins one. And varians one. And pretty much everyone else.
    I'd say his involvement in SoO, along with his attempt to reach Garrosh filled the threat with some promise.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I will kill you before that day comes"
    /looks at SoO
    Welp, grandpa saurfang have pretty bad timing.

Lots of people wanted Garrosh dead, Thrall, Vol'jin, Saurfang. They all tried. Vol'jin formed a rebellion to take Orgrimmar, Saurfang headed in himself but was wounded before he could get to Garrosh, Thrall and Varian were both prepared to execute Garrosh there and then. Far from empty threats.

And he may have been a little late, but overthrowing a warchief isn't something you take lightly. It took Vol'jin's attempted assassination to be a big enough sign that Garrosh needed to go.

I still have my money on Grom killing him. If it's not, Blizzard missed a cool opportunity there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post
    I'd say his involvement in SoO, along with his attempt to reach Garrosh filled the threat with some promise.
    Barely. I expected Garrosh to die during the ending cinematic while walking towards Varian and/or Thrall when realizing he had a cursed/poisoned arrow piercing his rib cage from behind followed by Vol'jin doing a simple "I told you I'd (requote)."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more likely that he'll bite off more than he can chew with this Iron Horde of his and wind up dead because of it.

I am of the mindset that Gul'dan will get him in the end. Everyone knows that Gul'dan is one of the three biggest problems in Orc History, the Orcs drinking demon blood, Gul'dan and Ner'zuhl, of which Ner'zuhl was Gul'dans patsy. So Garrosh took care of one problem, Ner'zuhl is part of the iron horde so problem solved and that just leaves Gul'dan. Gul'dan is needed to attune the dark portal though, so in order for Garrosh's plan to work he will need to keep Gul'dan on hand and he may plan to execute Gul'dan as soon as he is done with him.

Unfortunately for Garrosh Gul'dan is no ones fool and will deal with Garrosh before Garrosh can end him. The way I see it going down is that Gul'dan takes Garrosh down as the gate is being tuned to our Azeroth and Garrosh's last sight is the demonic legions pouring through the portal to Draenor. Then we end the expansion where all those on Draenor sacrifice themselves to slow down the demon armies long enough for us to get out to our azeroth and close the portal from our side but not before having to beat Kiljaeden back through the portal.

Varian always had the most reason to get revenge anyway, he outright nearly murdered his son, destroyed one of his cities, murdered many of his people, took some of his land and started a war that nearly ended up destroying Azeroth

It would be quite ironic if the alternate Saurfang (any one of them) took him out in a power struggle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Young Garrosh will kill corrupted Garrosh!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    Young Garrosh will kill corrupted Garrosh!
    That would be really cool actually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I am of the mindset that Gul'dan will get him in the end. Everyone knows that Gul'dan is one of the three biggest problems in Orc History, the Orcs drinking demon blood, Gul'dan and Ner'zuhl, of which Ner'zuhl was Gul'dans patsy. So Garrosh took care of one problem, Ner'zuhl is part of the iron horde so problem solved and that just leaves Gul'dan. Gul'dan is needed to attune the dark portal though, so in order for Garrosh's plan to work he will need to keep Gul'dan on hand and he may plan to execute Gul'dan as soon as he is done with him.

Unfortunately for Garrosh Gul'dan is no ones fool and will deal with Garrosh before Garrosh can end him. The way I see it going down is that Gul'dan takes Garrosh down as the gate is being tuned to our Azeroth and Garrosh's last sight is the demonic legions pouring through the portal to Draenor. Then we end the expansion where all those on Draenor sacrifice themselves to slow down the demon armies long enough for us to get out to our azeroth and close the portal from our side but not before having to beat Kiljaeden back through the portal.
    Not too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    It's more likely that he'll bite off more than he can chew with this Iron Horde of his and wind up dead because of it.
    I think one fo the leaders will just get annoyed by him and kill either kill him or just throw him out in the cold.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Varian always had the most reason to get revenge anyway, he outright nearly murdered his son, destroyed one of his cities, murdered many of his people, took some of his land and started a war that nearly ended up destroying Azeroth
    Theramore isn't one of Varian's cities.

What would be your (collective) reaction if Taran Zhu kills him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    What would be your (collective) reaction if Taran Zhu kills him?
    You mean like if taran zhu asked us to kill garrosh for him ?

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My money is on Blackhand killing Garrosh towards the end of the level 100 quest zone area.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I think one fo the leaders will just get annoyed by him and kill either kill him or just throw him out in the cold.
    That's a funny way to spell "scalding steam pits of Gorgrond."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You mean like if taran zhu asked us to kill garrosh for him ?
    Well he is going to be in Draenor chasing him so while I consider it unlikely, I'd put him in the group of people who may possibly kill him. So yes I literally meant him physically killing him.

My money is on Grom though.

My money is on his daddy axing him in the head.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'