Deleted

Gates Spends Entire First Day Back in Office Trying to Install Windows 8.1

Bill Gates’ first day at work in the newly created role of technology adviser got off to a rocky start yesterday as the Microsoft founder struggled for hours to install the Windows 8.1 upgrade.

The installation hit a snag early on, sources said, when Mr. Gates repeatedly received an error message informing him that his PC ran into a problem that it could not handle and needed to restart.

After failing to install the upgrade by lunchtime, Mr. Gates summoned the new Microsoft C.E.O. Satya Nadella, who attempted to help him with the installation, but with no success.

While the two men worked behind closed doors, one source described the situation as “tense.”

“Bill is usually a pretty calm guy, so it was weird to hear some of that language coming out of his mouth,” the source said.

A Microsoft spokesman said only that Mr. Gates’ first day in his new job had been “a learning experience” and that, for the immediate future, he would go back to running Windows 7
    Source: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...indows-81.html

Is there something wrong when the creator cannot use his own product, yet having based his entire working life around it and sold it to countless others to make him the wealthiest person on the planet?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Borowitz Report is satire, FYI.

That being said, I prefer Windows 7.

"Oh i cant install windows? better call the fucking CEO of the company for help LOL!"

I get he's Bill Gates and all, but come on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Note the "KEYWORDS HUMOR" at the bottom of the article.

If you didn't realize it was satire by the third paragraph I think something is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Satire. However, it begs the question: If you can't install and navigate Windows 8, does your family have a recessive Down Syndrome gene?

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post

Is there something wrong when the creator cannot use his own product, yet having based his entire working life around it and sold it to countless others to make him the wealthiest person on the planet?
    It's satire, guess you got fooled, lol.
    That being said I don't think Bill Gates had anything to do with the development of windows 8, I could be wrong just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Satire. However, it begs the question: If you can't install and navigate Windows 8, does your family have a recessive Down Syndrome gene?
    Down's Syndrome is more of a physical deformation than mental disability. Though most children with Down's have some sort of mental disability, it mostly effects growth and motor functions.

And downs syndrome is not inherited, it is caused by an error in cell division

And Windows 8 isn't exactly hard to navigate, but its annoying to navigate will a lot of bloat but no substance. It was much better like it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Down's Syndrome is more of a physical deformation than mental disability. Though most children with Down's have some sort of mental disability, it mostly effects growth and motor functions.

And downs syndrome is not inherited, it is caused by an error in cell division

And Windows 8 isn't exactly hard to navigate, but its annoying to navigate will a lot of bloat but no substance. It was much better like it was.
    Now that I've gotten used to Windows 8, I actually prefer it to Windows 7. Once you customize it the way you like it it's actually really nice.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post

It's a satire article. It's a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Now that I've gotten used to Windows 8, I actually prefer it to Windows 7. Once you customize it the way you like it it's actually really nice.
    Heresy! Your mobile friendly layouts have no place on our glorious PCs! Windows XP is still the best by far and I don't understand why anyone would want to upgrade!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Heresy! Your mobile friendly layouts have no place on our glorious PCs! Windows XP is still the best by far and I don't understand why anyone would want to upgrade!
    Oh god, I hate XP. I basically skipped that whole generation of Windows because Mac OS X was just so much better than XP. It's only with Windows 7 that Microsoft caught up.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!