Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Wazzbo - Today

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    You're not allowed to give "fake numbers" to investors and the SEC.

Wow, the fact that it's not allowed will surely stop them!

In a round about way you are by what you wrote in reply to iriecolorado's post..
    So I'm stupid becuase people break the law?

Seems legit.

Deleted
    Where dem haters at?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Where dem haters at?
    They be everywhere man they be everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzbo View Post
    So I'm stupid becuase people break the law?

Seems legit.
    Buddy, nobody's dissagreeing with you because they're naive. Instead we're telling you that to do something so stupid is basically business suicide. So naturally, it's almost impossible to even think anyone would do it.

Well they are technically lying anyways. They count time cards in china as a subscription. There is no such thing as subscriptions in China. So saying you have 7.8 million SUBSCRIPTIONS is lying when 5 ish million of those don't sub. And the time cards over there are insanely cheap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lareeyon View Post
    Buddy, nobody's dissagreeing with you because they're naive. Instead we're telling you that to do something so stupid is basically business suicide. So naturally, it's almost impossible to even think anyone would do it.
    Telling me?
    No, what they are doing is automatically assuming that I'm accusing Blizzard of doing so, and have evidence of it.

What I've been saying the whole time is a different matter, however.
    That some text in a dirty ol' book is not going to physically prevent people and companies from committing shenanigans.
    Period.
    Last edited by mmoc3f6ff16fa0; 2014-02-07 at 04:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes im playing again, botting 200k accounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The logic is overwhelming.
    +200k subs "Blizzard is faking the numbers"

So they are willing to take such a gigantic risk for the forum wankers, but didn't try to comb over the 1.3m drop a while back?

Interesting. The Plot thickens.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    The logic is overwhelming.
    +200k subs "Blizzard is faking the numbers"

So they are willing to take such a gigantic risk for the forum wankers, but didn't try to comb over the 1.3m drop a while back?

Interesting. The Plot thickens.
    Nobody is saying that, but why do you assume it would be because of "forum wankers"? Do you think they would have nothing to gain from such action (let's ignore the fact that they wouldn't do it)?
    Last edited by mmoc9303c11829; 2014-02-07 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm... Or they lied for other reasons?
    Are you this retarded for real?

I was simply implying that just because it's illegal, doesn't mean it prevents ALL people and companies from doing stuff.
    But some people sure are naive.
    What is your point exactly? Do you believe that Blizzard is lying about its sub numbers or do you not?
    And if the number of subs seems to good to be true, that they are probably lying? Because, while lying is illegal, illegal stuff happens, right?

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Nobody is saying that, but who do you assume it would be because of "forum wankers"? Do you think they would have nothing to gain from such action (let's ignore the fact that they wouldn't do it)?
    Actually, quite a few people in this forum are accusing Blizzard of lying about the numbers.

If a person hates Blizzard/WoW as so many appear to do, the +200K could easily be argued away as a dead cat bounce. But instead a few people have taken to the fact that Blizzard instead is lying to investors and the SEC.

Lol, I came back after 6 months hiatus and I'm sure that I'm not the only person. So what, they have 200k more subs than before... why is that so surprising? What other MMOs have come out recently? Someone above made the point that there was SoO released and you have kids off for winter break. They person above continuted that only 200k is a small number. I'd counter... Xbone and PS4 were also released during the 4th quarter. Bottom line, Blizzard saw a small boost in subs. As for why... it's all speculation. For those above claiming lies, you crack me up. You see stories and go with, "Well everyone must be doing it." You only hear about the exceptions, not the norms. Truth is, if they're lying...why now? Why wouldn't they have lied back when they lost a TON OF SUBS??? You don't think they have to show how much money those subs took in? I'm sure it will come out in a break down of 4th quarter earnings. Anyway, who the * cares? Do you like the game...continue to sub. Do you not like the game...be on your merry way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    Actually, quite a few people in this forum are accusing Blizzard of lying about the numbers.

If a person hates Blizzard/WoW as so many appear to do, the +200K could easily be argued away as a dead cat bounce. But instead a few people have taken to the fact that Blizzard instead is lying to investors and the SEC.
    I've seen only one person to come anywhere near that conclusion and he (Wazzbo) is saying only that there is a POSSIBILITY that it happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not affected at all about Blizzard gaining 200k, 400k or 5 trillons of subs.
    That's not the point.

I'm simply baffled by the people that thinks some law is going to prevent companies and people from doing shenanings.
    Well, there is this thing called ethics, respecting the law, the values we agreed upon in this modern society. Or should we be better off to expect every company lying, since, some do, they probably all do.
    I'm baffled that you think that way. Do you think every company is evil until proven otherwise?

Count me, my stepson, and wife among that group!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is saying that, but why do you assume it would be because of "forum wankers"? Do you think they would have nothing to gain from such action (let's ignore the fact that they wouldn't do it)?
    Not that they or any other company would or would not do it for what is really in the end a short term gain.. For in the long run once they are found out that short term gain will come back and bite them in the arse in the form of the SEC and their investors and just about anyone with a vested interest..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Not that they or any other company would or would not do it for what is really in the end a short term gain.. For in the long run once they are found out that short term gain will come back and bite them in the arse in the form of the SEC and their investors and just about anyone with a vested interest..
    Short term, but not because of forum wankers. That was my point.

I've seen only one person to come anywhere near that conclusion and he (Wazzbo) is saying only that there is a POSSIBILITY that it happened.
    On the first two pages alone Mongoose19 and Shudder both said they were made up numbers. I don't have the time or patience to go through 35 other pages, but there was also another set of people saying the numbers were faked at around the 20 page mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    On the first two pages alone Mongoose19 and Shudder both said they were made up numbers. I don't have the time or patience to go through 35 other pages, but there was also another set of people saying the numbers were faked at around the 20 page mark.
    In that case you're right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    Well, there is this thing called ethics, respecting the law, the values we agreed upon in this modern society. Or should we be better off to expect every company lying, since, some do, they probably all do.
    I'm baffled that you think that way. Do you think every company is evil until proven otherwise?
    Sure, sure.

But are those ethics going to cause cramp in Blizzards hands or physically prevent them from doing anything illicit? or ANYONE really?

Answer: No.

It's all about the $, anything is possible. Company or not.

My point since start, but nooo, some people seem to think that just because your name is Activision Blizzard, they are 100% incapabale of committing such things. Even the remote thought will cause lightning to strike down their HQ.

Let's rewind for a bit:
    "but but... It's against the law!"
    "Has that stopped anyone before? (Crime rate still exist)"
    "ARE YOU ACCUSING BLIZZARD? HOW DARE YOU? WHERE'S YOUR PROOF? AHHH!"
    Last edited by mmoc3f6ff16fa0; 2014-02-07 at 04:45 PM.