Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Activision Blizzard Fourth Quarter Calendar 2013 Results Conference Call today...

So did WoW gain or lose subscribers during the 4th quarter of FY2013?

My prediction is lose of about 200,000 or 300,000 subscribers.
    Last edited by warningsigns; 2014-02-06 at 03:02 PM.

What were the subs at last? I'd wager a 6-10% loss to that number.

EDIT: This is why I don't gamble! Glad to hear the beginnings of stabilisation.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2014-02-06 at 11:03 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Last quarter it was at 7.4 million i think?

Deleted
    lost subs, probably 1million lost. no patch in a while, people will unsub until WoD release.

Im thinking along the same lines as Ryme, 750k-1mil sub loss.
    Hoping for beta announcement this week(end)

As of September 30, 2013, Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft remains the #1 subscription - based MMORPG, with approximately 7.6 million subscribers.

I'm getting pretty close to unsubbing until WoD too. I'm sure there are many others who feel the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope they lose alot, idk why but i do.

Deleted
    i unsubbed until WoD, SoO clear so nothing to do. (and waiting for ros )

i think a 300k-600k drop is possible
    Last edited by mmoce60e506711; 2014-02-06 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    6.5M active and profits are up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats121 View Post
    i hope they lose alot, idk why but i do.
    Never understood people who deliberately wished ill-will on anyone. It's bad Karma.

Deleted
    how many hrs left? 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    6.5M active and profits are up.

- - - Updated - - -

Never understood people who deliberately wished ill-will on anyone. It's bad Karma.

Wishing that a fire gets lit under their ass isnt ill will. Blizz is essentially treading water. They wont have a nother TBC/WOTLK surge until that happens.

Smarten up man.

The investor call is at 1:30 PM PST...So about 6 hours and 45 minutes away...

10+ Year Old Account
    Guessing a loss in the realm of 300-650k Subs, but with higher profits cause of the BlizzShop offerings.

Deleted
    100k-200k drop in subs, increased profits. Patch 5.4 hit two weeks before the start of Q4, with SoO being gated until mid-end October. I see them keeping subs stable till Christmas, then a not too small drop following the festive period.

I predict a small drop (~200k) due to the lack of content and no recent news about WoD. Free 90 boost prediction for pre-purchasers in 5.4.7. will definitely bring the numbers up a bit if it happens, though.

God help my sanity on this day if I decide to stay on the forums. God help us, everyone of us, who aren't rabid or obsessed with a company's demise. On topic, I predict 200-400 thousand fewer subs as SoO is still only 4 1/2 months old. Plenty of people still progressing.

I sense a slight increase... From my perception I've seen quite a few people resub lately, Friends list, Guildies, even the local /2 troll. Most all are prepping for WoD.

Id say its around 6.5, Once ESO releases it will drop and steady out at around 5.5-5.7mil

I hope the numbers are WAY down, just because of how they handled this expansion towards the end leaving us with nothing. ( for those of us that don't PVP )