Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I unsubbed just to save some money, I can subscribe again, but I don't feel the need to. I did all the content I wanted to do (LFR sucks to me and I don't have enough people to do flex or normal.)

I'm definitely coming back for WoD So I might just wait until then, unless the Beta and the news coming from the beta get me hyped up again.

I'm guessing a loss of about 1 Mil, maybe less due to WoD Hype bringing back some returning players.

probably a couple 100k loss, we've been in SoO for about 5 months and no new info about WoD has been announced since Blizzcon, also with the new consoles launched 2 months ago there's not a lot of reasons for people to stay subbed

Question is, what do people want out of a mmo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kardon View Post
    No one ever really knows what they want, and companies are damned for trying to figure that out. The only answer I can think of "They want what they had 5 years ago".

Subs 400k down and "online subscriptions" revenue increased thanks to the store and Hearthstone.

Plot Twist - they don't loose, but they gain!
    That would really blow my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    lose* its lose* not loose. GOD that irritates me way more than it should.

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com...loose-vs-lose/
    Same thing about then and than.

Deleted
    i think its alot less since id say that 70% is made up of players and 30% is botters, remember blizz count all sub numbers towards this even starter editions etc just to make themselfs look good

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to say it stayed about the same. WoD was announced in November and just that announcement had people subbing back to the game

The number of active raiding guilds dropped from 22k to 16k according to GuildOx. If that drop in activity corresponds to a drop in subscriptions that would mean a loss of around 2 million subs.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    The number of active raiding guilds dropped from 22k to 16k according to GuildOx. If that drop in activity corresponds to a drop in subscriptions that would mean a loss of around 2 million subs.
    But isn't GuildOx relatively current, while Activision-Blizzard's official sub numbers tend to lag behind by about a quarter due to how they count them?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

100 million sub loss. Heard it here first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Can't see the drop being that big. My guess is the numbers have dropped to a little below 7 million.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say within the ball park of 7million give or take a few 100k subs. SoO itself was a pretty good raid and there are still plenty of people working on it. There's a new PvP season on the horizon as well to lock in some more subs.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kardon View Post
    This is a great question.
    What I am looking for I'm afraid blizzard isn't offering anymore. I wouldn't have played neither cata not mop if they were standalone games. The love I have for my chars is what keeps me playing BUT as a huge elder scroll fan, I COULD drop wow for teso if the infos coming tomorrow after the media nda is lifted are interesting.
    I didn't feel attached to my charr in gw2 and no other race as they felt foreign to me.
    But a dunmer, bosmer , khajiit, altmer... These are characters I could and will feel passionate about.
    End of rant and back OT = yes I think they will lose quite a bit this quarter.
    Prediction: 600 to 1 mil loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    This is a great question.
    What I am looking for I'm afraid blizzard isn't offering anymore. I wouldn't have played neither cata not mop if they were standalone games. The love I have for my chars is what keeps me playing BUT as a huge elder scroll fan, I COULD drop wow for teso if the infos coming tomorrow after the media nda is lifted are interesting.
    I didn't feel attached to my charr in gw2 and no other race as they felt foreign to me.
    But a dunmer, bosmer , khajiit, altmer... These are characters I could and will feel passionate about.
    End of rant and back OT = yes I think they will lose a this quarter quite a bit as the game isn't offering the same things it had when I started.
    Prediction: 600 to 1 mil loss.
    Thanks for being logical about it and not a hate spewing monger y0.

I'll say this as I've said it a multitude of times:

I think people forget World of Warcraft is a video game, and Blizzard isn't an entity; it's a group of people. Real people. Not objects. People.

Yet we continue to treat them like shit almost as if they're not even living beings.

It's sickening sometimes =/

On that note, I personally don't care what the subs are. I'll keep playing (once my break is over).

Last time it was only a 100K drop, this time I get the feeling it will be more, like 300-400K.

- - - Updated - - -

To be perfectly honest I think Blizzard deserves to lose subscribers.

When you look at the cost of the game and xpac, the cost of the monthly subscription, the cost of the basic services in the store, you really don't get good value for your money anymore. The amount of content you get, how slow it comes out, and the quality of it, I just don't think Blizzard is delivering what most people would expect for all that.

They're getting away with sort of half assing and still being able to charge crazy prices because so many people are hooked on the game.

Sometimes you need to get slapped in the face to wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    When you look at the cost of the game and xpac
    You mean $40, a fairly average price even for MMOs? I won't argue the cost of services such as server transfers, but the price of the game itself isn't really all that high.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Thanks for being logical about it and not a hate spewing monger y0.

I'll say this as I've said it a multitude of times:

I think people forget World of Warcraft is a video game, and Blizzard isn't an entity; it's a group of people. Real people. Not objects. People.

Yet we continue to treat them like shit almost as if they're not even living beings.

It's sickening sometimes =/

On that note, I personally don't care what the subs are. I'll keep playing (once my break is over).

But to be honest "respect" works both ways. Long term loyal players don't get anything and not talking about huge amounts of Gifts to keep them playing
    but in all these years the only rewards are for people who recruit a friend or come back into the Game. Even the ingame services are insanely overpriced.
    two years ago people started to raise the issue of dying servers and it took them nearly 12 months even to accept there was a problem.

You only have to look at some of the interviews "what they moaning about now" Certainly not all but I think parts of Blizzard love playing the Victim
    they had a huge inbox of issues that needed sorting and again coming back how blizzard move at a snails pace events simply overtook them. Its like Beta feedback on Cata and how once a person reached Max level the Game almost stopped they didn't listen and carried those people were correct.

Even now WOW is aimed at newplayers the focus has to come back keeping the players they have happy and willing to keep paying to play.

I'd unsub until Warlords, but I'm involved with a 10man raid for 7 hours a week. I'll keep it for them so long as we're raiding.