Sacrafice tier set4 With Heroic Piece?

Hey all,

I have a quick question which you guys might answer this very easily, my lock is 566 at the moment and i have set 4 for the bonus 553(upgraded to 561), but i won a chest yesturday from fallen protectors 566ilvl http://www.wowhead.com/item=104444 and it says in askmrrobot that its a big upgrade, 2 best chest (1 best is warforged Heroic of this same chest) but if i change the chest i lose my set 4 bonus is it worth it?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Godmyster View Post
    Hey all,

I have a quick question which you guys might answer this very easily, my lock is 566 at the moment and i have set 4 for the bonus 553(upgraded to 561), but i won a chest yesturday from fallen protectors 566ilvl http://www.wowhead.com/item=104444 and it says in askmrrobot that its a big upgrade, 2 best chest (1 best is warforged Heroic of this same chest) but if i change the chest i lose my set 4 bonus is it worth it?

Thank you
    Which spec are you asking about?

I'd like to hear your advices for a destro spec, since I'm in the same case ! (topic hijack :P)

My intuition tells me it's not worth it to break the 4P tho.

But it would allow me to wear NM-WF pants, and 3 HM pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Margeta View Post
    I'd like to hear your advices for a destro spec, since I'm in the same case ! (topic hijack :P)

My intuition tells me it's not worth it to break the 4P tho.

But it would allow me to wear NM-WF pants, and 3 HM pieces
    Your intuition is correct. The Destro 4pc is quite strong. In some edge case where you had all flex tier and all heroic offpieces, breaking it might be worth it. But 99% of the time keep your destro 4pc intact

î For destro keep the 4set in pretty much all cases, especially if you have 561 set items.
    For affliction i do change normal pants / helm for non-warforged hc IJ pants and Immersius head, which in my case is about ~3k simdps increase, so nothing to get all excited about.
    Margeto try to get either tier helm and use a heroic offset piece with mastery (shoulders from Protectors or Noru, Immersius head, IJ pants), that helm from galakras is quite weak for destro.
    Last edited by kilzog; 2014-02-07 at 11:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you guys think for demonology?

Deleted
    I don't want to be rude, but the 4pc-set-question was discussed and answered on the last 4 pages of this forum at least 4 times(+ sticky-threads...at least for for destruction and affliction).
    The rule of thumb for destruction and demonology is, that the 4 pc>all and it could be considered, if you have gear 2 tierlevels higher, than the current set, to break the bonus.
    So if you have 4 flexpieces, then you should only break it, if you have 3 or more heroicpieces in these slots. breaking the set for 1 piece of gear is pointless on any level.
    As for affliction...breaking the 4 pc bonus is ok as long as you have gear of a higher level or your offpieces have the right stats. But even there it is just a real improvement, if you have 3 offpieces of a higher level(so 561 vs. 574 or 580*3).

Well I also had the same question to be honest.Since my warlock currently uses the Flex head piece from Galakras http://www.wowhead.com/item=104748 and a I only have LFR chest tier piece (for the destro 4p).The thing is I already have the normal (not WF) shoulders from Fallen Protectors but we have downed it on hc so I hope the chest or the shoulders will drop eventually.Is it worth to break the 4p to bump from lfr chest to hc (or even hc wf) chest or shoulders' piece?Note:my tier shoulders are normal ones.

old thread but, never break the 4piece for destro. the crit is extremely strong. even with heroic WF offset pieces i wouldnt recommend it.

If you have 3x heroic WF pieces then use them for your affliction set (so long as they are haste/mastery lol). Destro just loves its 4p too much to break it within reasonable gearing ilvl difference. Just make a weak aura (or whatever addon you prefer) to show/track the ICD of the 4pc. You could probably find one somewhere on these forums lol.

Destro 2 piece = meh 4 piece = get at all costs
    Aff/Demo 2 piece = Get at all costs 4 piece = meh