Poll: Would you pay $10 for a boosted profession?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Sadly, I probably would. I hate messing with professions, so I rarely bother with them. But for a small fee to max it out, I might get suckered in.

Personally I wouldn't as I actually rather enjoy that part of professions, maybe a few particular levels whilst skilling up on some of them can be a pain, but I wouldn't be against them offering this as a service for those that dislike levelling proffs.

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    I don't follow your pricing. I googled 'wow gold buying' picked ige.com and looked at the prices. $10 nets you about 6.6k gold, as far as I can tell. So, going by the above posts that buying mats to level a crafting profession costs around 5-10k gold, that would be $10-20, not $30-50. And as I said, if you do it the legit way and buy a guardian cub pet off the store, they sell for around 2-6k gold, and cost $10, so that is still in a similar ballpark.
    Blacksmithing/LW/engineering are all 50k+ of mats to level on my server/s. And that's just mats, not including the opportunity cost of time. Can't think of any I could push up for under 20 - 25k.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2014-02-08 at 02:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    So don't wear skimpy clothes getting raped is not entirely out of your control either.

10+ Year Old Account
    No never. I recently leveled Engineering on my Druid. Took me 1 1/2 hours and ~1k gold. That's nothing. Bearing in mind I always keep stuff I collect while leveling my toons so I don't need to buy the most expensive materials.

This prolly will never be implemented as i belive they are trying to do with all proffesion with what they did with mining/herbing in Mop and be able to level 1-675 or w/e new cap is all in the WoD zones. On a side note anyone complaining about them sellin lvl 90's or possiblity of proffesion in store, i would like to point out that it doesnt make it pay to win it just makes it pay to be convinent. By them selling 90s it doesnt give them an advantage when they purchase it, it merely just saves them XX hours which they might not want to put in. Once they hit 91 it would be no real diffrence from your 91 maybe just gear depending what they start with but im assuming 496ish gear as you can get that off timeless fairly easy and seem reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    I simply don't understand this mentality. Why play the game if this is how you feel the game should be played?
    Because I don't like the way rep grinds are now. If they bring back how rep grinds were back in Wotlk, with a Tabard. I would have NO PROBLEM grinding them. c:

Well... it would really ruin the economy... just look at the low level mat cost.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Yeah, I get the arguments because I've seen them on this website ad nauseum. However, I don't consider a boost to your professions to be P2W. What are you paying for? A gold advantage? So buying gold is P2W now? Friend A is experiencing the content he wants to experience. Friend B has that option as well, chooses not to use it in order to experience the content he also wishes to experience. As for gemming and enchanting gear, there's really no need for it at lower levels, so there's no "advantage". If Friend C already leveled his toon to max level without paying for it, he would also have an advantage in duels (what lower level would duel a higher level?). In the end, nobody is at any kind of REAL advantage because nobody is gaining anything they wouldn't have gotten if they hadn't paid. Leveling and professions can be done by any monkey with a keyboard and mouse.
    Have you forgotten the exclusive benefits that professions give? Inscription gives a 2x better enchant on the shoulder, Enchanting gives you amazing exclusive gems. Need I go on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeclop View Post
    Have you forgotten the exclusive benefits that professions give? Inscription gives a 2x better enchant on the shoulder, Enchanting gives you amazing exclusive gems. Need I go on?
    Yes, and getting a prof to 600 in MoP does not automatically give you those items, (except things like the LW +500 to bracers that cost 1 eternium thread) you still need to farm/buy the mats. You still have to discover all of the useful recipes, and earn the rep to buy others. It still takes time in LW to get the hardened magnificent hides that are BoP, same with BS and tailoring.

600 skill in a prof does not mean I am uber. It means I spent' X'k gold on mats/'X' time farming mats and 'X' time crafting items to get to 600. Just like hitting level 90, professions START at 600. I use almost nothing from any crafting prof pre-max level. I make a few enhancement items for my alt's heirlooms, but most of the time they are not needed, and the gear it gets attached to is replaced in 2-3 levels.

Leveling professions today consists of 3 things:

Gold

Auction house

Mailbox

You aren't "playing the game" running from the ah to the mail box. And you aren't "playing the game" running your level 90 character through rfc for cloth.

If professions offered more than just minor boost in stats I would be against paying. I cant believe anyone would be against a profession boost considering what they are today. I would even pay $50 instead of breathing thorough my mouth "playing the game".

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    God no. This is as awful as purchasable level 90's-you're learning jack all. Besides, there are buffs like Working Overtime and power-leveling guides on the internet that teach you efficient methods of getting to max skill level. I'm also definitely against it for secondary professions as well.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no. I rather actually play the game than to just buy my way into everything. It would be such a waste of money, for me at least.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    The results of this poll are... disturbing. Why are you even playing the game if you're just wanting to pay to not play it? *mind blown*
    Blizzard's preferred customers: folks who will Pay (for the Game) and Pay (for the Expansion) and Pay (a monthly sub) for the 'privilege' of Paying more to avoid Playing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gusie View Post
    Leveling professions today consists of 3 things:

Gold

Auction house

Mailbox

You aren't "playing the game" running from the ah to the mail box. And you aren't "playing the game" running your level 90 character through rfc for cloth.

If professions offered more than just minor boost in stats I would be against paying. I cant believe anyone would be against a profession boost considering what they are today. I would even pay $50 instead of breathing thorough my mouth "playing the game".
    Then point out to Blizzard that their profession system is broken! Don't jump up and down with eagerness to give them more of your cash as a response for their failure with professions.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

For the love of God no, stop giving them idea's. There will hardly be any accomplishments left in this game if you'll be able to get a maxed up character and profession where other people have worked so hard for, and defeating bosses isn't the only sense of accomplishment you can get in this game. Stop encouraging Blizzard for this abomination of a F2P model

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    $10 just to get the skill capped? No. Besides, I already have 600/600 primary professions on all 11 90's, with all crafting professions covered, some multiple times over (3 alchemists, 2 LW'ers)

Now, if that $10 included all of the RECIPES from the respective profession, well then, that would make it more enticing.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2014-02-08 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd pay for patterns though, jewelcrafting is a pain to get all the patterns for...

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    If they're going to have boosted 90's, then might as well be able to buy professions a'la carte.

Whenever I level a toon I don't start leveling a profession till I'm at max level. I'm sure alot of others are like that too. Would you pay say... $10 per boosted profession? To be honest, I can't see Blizz NOT implementing this soon.
    This would be pretty close to pay to win in my books and I would hate blizzard for it

Quote Originally Posted by Musty View Post
    This would be pretty close to pay to win in my books and I would hate blizzard for it
    How is this pay to win? If you're 90 most professions take maybe 10K gold and less than a day to level. If some sucker wants to shell out money for a profession boost let them.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Now that we know that it will cost $60 to buy a level 90, I would say the price should actually be increased to $15 to level a profession instead of the original $10 when I started this thread.

I would absolutely not buy it. I make profession alts for a reason (because I don't want to spend in game or real money on it when I don't have to!)
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14