Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Dog whistles are a thing, whether you want to believe that or not.
    Suspecting everything of being that is as stupid as saying what I quoted, in an attempt to portray something as racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Yeah, UKIP are the British (they only really hold any ground in England) political party who are scared of anyone that isn't white.
    This. Not to mention sluts from ongobongo land

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Suspecting everything of being that is as stupid as saying what I quoted, in an attempt to portray something as racist.
    When a party has a history of being racist its pretty dense to ignore when they're clearly using dog whistles. Its not like I'm accusing people with an otherwise sterling history.

Deleted
    When a party has a history of being racist its pretty dense to ignore when they're clearly using dog whistles. Its not like I'm accusing people with an otherwise sterling history.
    The social democrats in Sweden has a history of sterilizing "unwanted people" and all the parties in Sweden pretty much stood behind the idea of "Scientific racism" or whatever to call it in the past. They have a history of it, almost all of them. So, should one suspect them of wanting to do that now just because of their history?

I mean, the social democrats says they want to lower the immigration rate. Is that related to their history of "scientific racism"?
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2014-02-07 at 06:11 AM.

The social democrats in Sweden has a history of sterilizing "unwanted people" and all the parties in Sweden pretty much stood behind the idea of "Scientific racism" or whatever to call it in the past. They have a history of it, almost all of them. So, should one suspect them of wanting to do that now just because of their history?

I mean, the social democrats says they want to lower the immigration rate. Is that related to their history of scientific racism?
    When was the last time they actively sought to sterilize people.

Honestly that you're acting like this really just says you're the target for the dog whistle.

Deleted
    When was the last time they actively sought to sterilize people.
    It's still been done in recent times for some people.

http://www.thelocal.se/20130111/45550

First one, yeah that probably is. Second one? Not so much, was said they want to send back all immigrants, not just those who are not white.
    all immigrants would imply not just illegal immigrants. They're not politicians they're bigots running for office without the nuance required to make broad statements like they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    On a brighter note, at least the Daily Mail has found people more xenophobic than themselves.
    Haha, there's the silver lining!

It's still done to this day for some people.
    Then yes if they start using rhetoric like "those people" you should be wary.

Deleted
    Then yes if they start using rhetoric like "those people" you should be wary.
    Just ignore the link then?

The link doesn't change my point. That you don't recognize the dog whistle means you were probably in its target audience.

Deleted
    The link doesn't change my point. That you don't recognize the dog whistle means you were probably in its target audience.
    Or you're being hypersensitive about anything related to immigration and being against it.

Or you're being hypersensitive about anything related to immigration and being against it.
    You have two links. You have evidence of an observed and pervasive issue with racism in the UKIP. Then you have a country with a large middle eastern immigrant population and they say they want to send all of "the immigrants" home.

You're either reading between the lines or you're being an idiot.

Deleted
    You have two links. You have evidence of an observed and pervasive issue with racism in the UKIP. Then you have a country with a large middle eastern immigrant population and they say they want to send all of "the immigrants" home.

You're either reading between the lines or you're being an idiot.
    I'm not assuming anything until they specifically state so. The majority of the immigrants are european immigrants. They were concerned about eastern europe, so was Sweden, when countries there joined EU due to free movement within EU and the effects it would have on the countries.

So, I'll see it as you being hypersensitive about anything relating to immigration and being against immigration.

Being against immigration isn't equal to being scared of or, hating, anyone that isn't white.
    It attracts those people like flies though.

And it's often used as a smokescreen by those people.

So generally speaking organisations like this are full of xenophobes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it largely depends on when the cut-off point of 'all of the immigrants' is, 5th-8th century AD and I'd be happy because I've always wanted to visit Norway. Any earlier and its a no-deal, the roman empire would be too hot for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It attracts those people like flies though.

And it's often used as a smokescreen by those people.

So generally speaking organisations like this are full of xenophobes.
    I bet you think being against multiculturalism is racist as well then just because people of different cultures can be non-whites.

I bet you think being against multiculturalism is racist as well then just because people of different cultures can be non-whites.
    Seems you missed his point there bucko.

Deleted
    Seems you missed his point there bucko.
    What point? An imaginary boogie monster - "People who oppose immigration are actually racists but hide behind anti-immigrant sentiments". It's just as ridiculous as the "Racists can hide behind criticism against religion.".

I mean, the social democrats says they want to lower the immigration rate. Is that related to their history of "scientific racism"?
    The accusations against the UKIP are from right now, not decades ago when the entire political climate was different.

You can't apply your Swedish experiences to the UK. Assuming your perception of Swedish politics isn't itself warped...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm not assuming anything until they specifically state so. The majority of the immigrants are european immigrants. They were concerned about eastern europe, so was Sweden, when countries there joined EU due to free movement within EU and the effects it would have on the countries.

So, I'll see it as you being hypersensitive about anything relating to immigration and being against immigration.
    The woman in question is basically in favour of the repatriation of naturalized citizens. Their latest scaremongering centered around Romania with an "estimated" number of immigrants ranging in the thousands expected on the first day. Guess what? There were like 3 people who came into the country from Romania who were not already British citizens returning from visiting family. They're trying to create animosity through fear mongering that has no basis in reality. The only explanation for that is prejudice.