Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Mondag: Chest/Shoulder/Triceps/Abs
    Tuesdag: Legs/Back/Biceps
    Wednesday: H.I.I.T (High Intensive Interval Training) Low speed for 30 seconds, high speed for 45 seconds.. repeat (or something similar)
    Thursday: Chest/Shoulder/Triceps/Abs
    Friday: Legs/Back/Biceps
    Saturday: Rest
    Sunday: Rest

C/S/T/A: (4x6/8 Chest bench, dumbbell decline bench press, dumbbell shoulder presses, dumbbell side laterals, skull crusher, weighted abs)
    L/B/B: (4x6/8 Squat, deadlift, calf raises, BOR, chin-ups, cable row, dumbbell curl)

If you want to gain muscle you should avoid cardio as much as possible however a day a week is fine. If you have the right diet you will eventually lose the necessary fat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    Mondag: Chest/Shoulder/Triceps/Abs
    Tuesdag: Legs/Back/Biceps
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Chest/Shoulder/Triceps/Abs
    Friday: Legs/Back/Biceps
    Saturday: Rest
    Sunday: Rest

C/S/T/A: (4x6/8 Chest bench, dumbbell decline bench press, dumbbell shoulder presses, dumbbell side laterals, skull crusher, weighted abs)

L/B/B: (4x6/8 Squat, deadlift, calf raises, BOR, chin-ups, cable row, dumbbell curl)

If you want to gain muscle you should avoid cardio as much as possible. If you have the right diet you will eventually lose the necessary fat.
    2 days of back+legs, in which deadlift follows squats? Blimey, that's suicidal, if you're actually lifting heavy, that is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I guess telling him to look up the amount needed would have defined ton. For me I needed an extra like 60g/day which is "a ton" in my book.

Most people new to working out binge on carbs. It's important to eat plenty but not over do it.
    Yeah, you dont want to binge eat, but if you want to bulk up then eating ALOT is the key realy. Im at 100kg right now, that means I need somewhere around 150g protein. With the ammount of food I eat I reach this without any problems realy, and if im low one day I just take 1 protein shake.
    For breakfast I eat 3-4 eggs and 500g cottege cheese, lunch is around 500g chicken with rice and stuff, dinner is usually 500-700g chicken with rice and whatever. Ontop of that I eat smaller meals every other hour or so cos im hungry still :P So, like I said, if you eat alot then its easy to reach your ptotein needed for the day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drobu View Post
    Other than having weights, and a treadmill, I don't know why people pay for gym memberships..
    Work out at home, use that monthly membership fee to buy weights. What I am currently using.
    http://neilarey.com/
    Problem is a decent set of variable weights is very expensive, and takes up a lot of space. And if you run outside, which I prefer, you are kind of at the mercy of the elements (its sometimes hard to work up enthusiasm for a run when its dark, and right now here, snowing!).

I uses resistance bands at home, a fraction of the cost of a variable weight set, and lots more flexibility in what exercises I can do, though they dont behave exactly like weights so I like to hit the gym when I can, but its a nice stand in when I'm too busy to make it to the gym. And its also nice to have the option of a treadmill when I'm not in the mood to battle the elements, or want to work on a specific program for my training.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNewsEveryone View Post
    Ignore the bullshit, get your ass active.

Go to the gym and do the workout you designed, meet some people, get a workout buddy, try to enjoy it and do it regularly for a few months.

THEN you can start looking at your diet.
    THEN you can start looking at bulking up or cutting down.
    THEN you can start looking at advice on workout regimes.
    THEN you can start to look at lifting heavy.
    Exactly, too many people get paralysis by analysis. Although, I would still consider the diet early

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupsiz View Post
    2 days of back+legs, in which deadlift follows squats? Blimey, that's suicidal, if you're actually lifting heavy, that is.
    Actually it is not.. Used that exact program, lost 17kg in 3 months and was doing 1 rm DL at 160kg after 7 months at 74kg bodyweight... You can however use one day for form and one day for heavy if going heavy twice a week is to hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zunfix View Post
    Hey there everyone,

So, I'd like to ask you guys for any kind of help or advice as to how to get fit. In short, I've always been around normal weight (Currently 160 lbs at 5'10", male), and now I decided to try and get a bit more muscular. So I wanted to know if you could help me get around some kind of routine or something. So far I've just gone the past two days, and I was planning to start going seriously from next Monday.

I read online about the following plan, but I don't know if it's good enough, or if I should change anything about it:

• Monday: Chest, biceps and 30 minutes of cardio.
    • Tuesday: Legs, triceps and 30 minutes of cardio.
    • Wednesday: Shoulders, back and 30 minutes of cardio.
    • Thursday: Chest, biceps, abs.
    • Friday: Rest, although I was thinking of going and doing an hour of light cardio, just to keep on shape.
    • Sat-Sun: Rest.

Also, I just can't use Saturday and Sunday at all, those days I have to study. All the other days I have between 2-3 hours easily available to spend them in the gym.

As for my diet, I don't usually keep track of my food, but mostly I eat cereal/pancakes/toasts for my breakfast, then every day but Sunday I have home cooked lunch (Meaning some meat coupled with rice, potatoes or some assortment of vegetables), and for dinner I usually eat eggs (This time I just randomly pick fried, scrambled, or on sandwiches and the like). Also, I generally eat some other stuff between foods, like (And sorry, don't know how exactly this is called in English) bread with lard (literally, it's bread with a little bit of cooked lard on top of it), or cookies or the usual stuff laying around the house. Feel free to comment on, or if you're kind enough, give any advice on it.

Also, if possible, could you please give me some tips as to how to avoid getting all sore after the first few work outs? I can't even stretch my arms past 135°, and it has just been two days of training. :/

So, that should pretty much sum it all up. Thanks before hand for any and all advice.
    Not sure if you will even read this but first off, scrap that workout split you have, it's crap you are not giving your arms enough rest and will be over training them.
    Since you are starting i would suggest you do Monday: Push movements e.g "Chest Press" "Push Ups" "Dips" etc.. Tue Pull momements e.g "Rows" "Deadlift" "Bicep Curls" Wed: Legs e.g "Squats" "Lunges" "Calve Raises" etc Throw in a 20 min cardio session each day if you wish.
    Once you have a few months under your belt you can move onto single muscle groups each day.
    As for muscle D.O.M.S (delayed onset muscle soreness) you will have to deal with it, you will eventually get used to it as you workout more.
    This is some brief advice, if you want me to go more in-depth feel free to pm me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPixel23 View Post
    Not sure if you will even read this but first off, scrap that workout split you have, it's crap you are not giving your arms enough rest and will be over training them.
    Since you are starting i would suggest you do Monday: Push movements e.g "Chest Press" "Push Ups" "Dips" etc.. Tue Pull momements e.g "Rows" "Deadlift" "Bicep Curls" Wed: Legs e.g "Squats" "Lunges" "Calve Raises" etc Throw in a 20 min cardio session each day if you wish.
    Once you have a few months under your belt you can move onto single muscle groups each day.
    As for muscle D.O.M.S (delayed onset muscle soreness) you will have to deal with it, you will eventually get used to it as you workout more.
    This is some brief advice, if you want me to go more in-depth feel free to pm me.
    Forgot to mention, I wouldn't worry too much with abs, your compound lifts will hit your core but if you wish you can add some to your routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zunfix View Post
    Hey there everyone,

So, I'd like to ask you guys for any kind of help or advice as to how to get fit. In short, I've always been around normal weight (Currently 160 lbs at 5'10", male), and now I decided to try and get a bit more muscular. So I wanted to know if you could help me get around some kind of routine or something. So far I've just gone the past two days, and I was planning to start going seriously from next Monday.

I read online about the following plan, but I don't know if it's good enough, or if I should change anything about it:

• Monday: Chest, biceps and 30 minutes of cardio.
    • Tuesday: Legs, triceps and 30 minutes of cardio.
    • Wednesday: Shoulders, back and 30 minutes of cardio.
    • Thursday: Chest, biceps, abs.
    • Friday: Rest, although I was thinking of going and doing an hour of light cardio, just to keep on shape.
    • Sat-Sun: Rest.

Also, I just can't use Saturday and Sunday at all, those days I have to study. All the other days I have between 2-3 hours easily available to spend them in the gym.

As for my diet, I don't usually keep track of my food, but mostly I eat cereal/pancakes/toasts for my breakfast, then every day but Sunday I have home cooked lunch (Meaning some meat coupled with rice, potatoes or some assortment of vegetables), and for dinner I usually eat eggs (This time I just randomly pick fried, scrambled, or on sandwiches and the like). Also, I generally eat some other stuff between foods, like (And sorry, don't know how exactly this is called in English) bread with lard (literally, it's bread with a little bit of cooked lard on top of it), or cookies or the usual stuff laying around the house. Feel free to comment on, or if you're kind enough, give any advice on it.

Also, if possible, could you please give me some tips as to how to avoid getting all sore after the first few work outs? I can't even stretch my arms past 135°, and it has just been two days of training. :/

So, that should pretty much sum it all up. Thanks before hand for any and all advice.

Probably the best advice you will hear is to get off these forums. Period. If your interested in packing on muscle visit the bodybuilding forums. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/

Also. You can get all kinds of advice from one dude to the next. When in reality what works best for one might not work so great for you. Its trial and error. Read and find what works best for you. Also you really have to understand the basics of bodybuilding before you can build on any frame. For instance are you a mesomorph, endomorph or ectomorph. Ask youself who do you want to be. Visualize your goal and go get it by any means necessary.

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/the-new-...40537&s_kwcid=
    This book changed my life and how I approach the gym. Its a good read and discusses diet to. I would recommend to anyone who wants to be more then the average gym joe.