Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs down PTR Heart of the Wild Nerf

Classes
    Druid
    Talents

Heart of the Wild now provides the following benefits from PvP Power when activated.

Restoration Druids now receive 50% of their PvP Power applied towards damage while the ability is active (down from 100%).

Feral and Balance Druids now receive 100% of their PvP Power applied towards healing while the ability is active (down from 120%).

I guess it was just a matter of time but im hoping this will result in nerfing other healers
    Damage output aswell.

Regarding the healing for feral an balance in just happy. Hybrids shouldnt heal.
    But then again i hope there will be nerfs to other hybrids self healing too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    I guess it was just a matter of time but im hoping this will result in nerfing other healers
    Damage output aswell.
    The only really dangerous healer damage out there besides rdruids during hotw is MW monk. Can't say priest damage is all that special, it was just rdruids critting for 100 freaking k's to finish someone off.

Very good changes. Resto Druids don't need to Wrath for 100k, and Boomkins don't need to heal for the same as a healer for 45 seconds. In my opinion the healing aspect should be nerfed down to 75%.

I really hope Ele Shaman healing gets nerfed as well, as it's also quite ridiculous, although obviously not nearly as bad as HotW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the healing for feral an balance in just happy. Hybrids shouldnt heal.
    But then they wouldn't be hybrid anymore.

I can't see anyone being suprised, HoTW is an absolute jokefest currently.

i hope there will be nerfs to other hybrids self healing too.
    Boomies are the main culripts for this, I don't think other hybrids are as potent as boomkins are for off-healing.

Yey, feral and balance nerfs! They are so poweful right now!
    And meanwhile in PTR, 170k ice lances running wild...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapeduz View Post
    Hybrids should be able to heal a fair bit imo, if they cant do that then whats the point of a hybrid anyway?
    2 hybrid dpsers shouldnt be able to stand toe to toe with healer/dps in the healing output.

Either you do damage or you heal. You dont do both.

Resto Druids was just nerfed on their damage because healers arent supposed to do competitive damage.
    Now nerf all hybrids healing because they arent supposed to do competitive healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaaaand they make my balance druid even weaker. Jesus Blizzard.. Focus on the classes/specs that actually do need a nerf. Aka Warriors, Rogues, Hunters, mages and RESTO druids.. So, now I cant do damage or do the only thing it seemed like balance druid could do this expansion, heal. Nice to know. Thx.

And yes, I know balance arent supposed to be "healers". But, it's what blizzard made them.
    Last edited by Machomaije; 2014-02-07 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Thats what a hybrid is..
    seriously.

Deleted
    They should reduce the damage reduction by tank stances for dps specs aswell. Def stance, blood pressence, need to be nerfed in half for dps in pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    2 hybrid dpsers shouldnt be able to stand toe to toe with healer/dps in the healing output.

Resto Druids was just nerfed on their damage because healers arent supposed to do competitive damage.
    Now nerf all hybrids healing because they arent supposed to do competitive healing.
    Then you can also say : Either you dps or you tank, not both.

So remove the tank stances, nerf them in half, or give them a flat dmg reduction while being in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    They should reduce the damage reduction by tank stances for dps specs aswell. Def stance, blood pressence, need to be nerfed in half for dps in pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

So remove the tank stances, nerf them in half, or give them a flat dmg reduction while being in them.

Why? Why not set the focus on the classes that really need the nerf. Dk's would be more useless than they already are, if they wouldn't be able to sit in blood presence.
    Have you ever seen a dk in unholy/frost presence in arena this expansion? Nop, you haven't. There is a reason behind that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    But then they wouldn't be hybrid anymore.
    Exactly. Some people just don't care for class identities.

Versatility IS druid. And yes, I play druid. Druid is meant to be everything at once, for a price.

Regarding the issue - this is why they should introduce various versions of the skills, depending on which environment they are used in. HotW is in a good place with its cooldown and buff right now, the problem why it's so imbalanced in arena is that it lasts so long. I can pop all my cds, incarnation, CA and HotW, spam everything with instant starsurges and doubledots AND heal up nearly as much as did damage. I'd say leave it as it is for PvE reasons and cut the duration to 15s in PvP for the "OHSHIT" situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Thats what a hybrid is..
    seriously.
    Let's rephrase that then: either you do good damage or you heal good. You dont do both.

Deleted
    But then again i hope there will be nerfs to other hybrids self healing too.
    I dont think you understand what hybrid means.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Let's rephrase that then: either you do good damage or you heal good. You dont do both.
    Doing good healing for 45 sec isn't exactly doing good healing, especially when you can't heal and damage in the same time while using HotW. Healing and damage in the same time is Nature's Vigil/Ancestral Guidance and they're not really that good in PvP.

Good healing is when you do 1M healing in arena while playing a hunter or warrior. This IS a problem.

HotW expires at some point and cannot be used for SIX MINUTES. Yet I do understand its impact and I think its duration should be at least cut in half.
    Last edited by Spray; 2014-02-07 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post

- - - Updated - - -

What? you don't enjoy every arms war out there just sitting in D stance and still making everyone cry like little girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Doing good healing for 45 sec isn't exactly doing good healing.
    45 secs is long enough to make a difference and even you seem to agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    HoTW is a 6min cd for a reason. Its not like they have it up 100% of arena matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I really hope Ele Shaman healing gets nerfed as well, as it's also quite ridiculous, although obviously not nearly as bad as HotW.
    Elemental Shamans aren't that good in healing, unless they're lucky with Echo of the Elements. But if they're running with Echo of the Elements, you shouldn't be losing anyway.

Edit: Moonkin Druid's healing was too good. Yes, they are squishy, but that doesn't get solved with extra healing. Of course, Blizzard always nerfs before they buff, but you can only hope a buff will come with a later PTR version. Might of Ursoc working in Moonkin Form or something like that.
    Last edited by Seditian; 2014-02-07 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    The only really dangerous healer damage out there besides rdruids during hotw is MW monk. Can't say priest damage is all that special, it was just rdruids critting for 100 freaking k's to finish someone off.
    im assuming were talking pvp here in wich case holy palas denounce needs a tone down it dose a decent amount of dmg but can be spammed, and yes mistweaver dmg, no the dmg from the monk class in general in pvp is too much.while ww's have pritty good healinjg capibilities
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2014-02-07 at 02:13 PM.