10+ Year Old Account

Hdmi cable.question

Is it possible for your hdmi cable.to be.too weak? I am trying to use to the watch tv featureof the xbox.one and cant get it to work for the life of me. All my cables.are.correct and the xbox recognizes my tv and it even recognizes my cable box but i.cant get any visual picture. Im stumped.......typing on mobile phone srry
    Semper Fi

It can be broken (improper contact between connector and cable strands, physically broken wires inside the cable and so on) and it can be too long (I think about 30 metres is the longest you want it to be) but "too weak"? Not really.

Too weak? Not likely unless we're talking some ungodly length of cable...if it's only like a 6 foot cable, no.

Cable might be damaged, or there's some version shenanigans or even hdcp...who knows, go buy a new cable first.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    My cable works fine with other uses
    Semper Fi

10+ Year Old Account
    The HDMI input on the Xbox One should accept even a HDCP stream. I've seen it myself with a friend playing HDCP PS4 Killzone over the HDMI on his Xbox One (yeah I kind of hate him too).

Yet the cable worked fine. Hmm. Got any other Cable boxes in the house you could try of a different model?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Not familiar with the Xbox in the equation, but I had trouble with my cable signal degrading once like that. Had a normal HD cable box no issues, upgraded to an HD DVR and the signal was degraded so much that no channels would load.
    Eventually ran a dedicated cable line to that box and the problems were solved. Not sure if your problem could be related or not, but i held my fingers from adding this last night with hope someone else would give you a real answer.

Deleted
    Maybe your TV doesn't support 1080p, so you'll have to change the resolution to 720p? Because that will show as completely black screen.

and don't fall for that gimmick crap. That $20 hdmi cable at wal-mart is going to be no different in picture and audio quality as the $150 "super awesome Monster gold plated virgin pussy hair cable" from some high end retailer or Best Buy.