10+ Year Old Account

Electronic Heroin

So apparently the Chinese have developed an interesting way of dealing with internet addiction in teenagers.

How do you feel about this style of "rehab" for internet addiction.

In my opinion, it is warranted in extreme cases.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I am at work and don't have volume, but anything that makes a guy cry like that is probably a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I am at work and don't have volume, but anything that makes a guy cry like that is probably a bad idea.
    Teenagers cry over a lot of things that aren't really worth crying about.

Deleted
    I don't see much wrong with it. I worked at a unit for teenagers with mental health issues for a time and their behaviour wasn't dissimilar, although the reasons aren't the same, we experienced most of the same kinds of lashing out and emotional problems. If they're underage and they really are addicted, they need to be sectioned and forced out of that addiction because they're not old enough to make the decision themselves.

Deleted
    For this to be used they must first provide evidence for the existence of "internet addiction", good luck with that. Don't get me wrong people who have prior mental instability or addictive personalities may show this "internet addiction" but is it really the internet at fault there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unf View Post
    How long before we can use this to get high, would be cheaper too.
    That moment when someone posts something completely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    For this to be used they must first provide evidence for the existence of "internet addiction", good luck with that. Don't get me wrong people who have prior mental instability or addictive personalities may show this "internet addiction" but is it really the internet at fault there?
    Considering most Chinese teenagers do their gaming in net cafes, there would be footage of them being there for three days at a time.

Even if the internet isn't to blame (which of course it isn't), you can still do something about your child's self destructive behavior.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2014-02-07 at 11:09 PM.

Deleted

Internet is so addictive that one guy doesn't know his left from his right.

Well after watching that it just makes me think that it is a con of some sort on overly protective parents.
    Want to stop them using the net ? un Plug it.
    Want to stop them going to net cafe's ? Dont give them money.
    Kid goes missing for 3 days ? Report it to the police.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2014-02-07 at 11:19 PM.

I know for a fact we had this same exact thread last month with the same video.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Internet is so addictive that one guy doesn't know his left from his right.
    Having been a guild leader and raid leader for 7+ years, I can confirm this is a common issue for some people. Shapes and colors are problematic too.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Considering most Chinese teenagers do their gaming in net cafes, there would be footage of them being there for three days at a time.

Even if the internet isn't to blame (which of course it isn't), you can still do something about your child's self destructive behavior.
    Yeah, teach them fucking moderation from an early age. But why do that when we can get the government to raise our own children for us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Having been a guild leader and raid leader for 7+ years, I can confirm this is a common issue for some people. Shapes and colors are problematic too.
    which in itself is a sad thing and cannot be blamed on the use of the internet alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    which in itself is a sad thing and cannot be blamed on the use of the internet alone.
    I always liked instructing people to hold out their thumb and index finger and form an L shape...then hit themselves in the face with it.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.