Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would you care to explain in what way it is "exactly the same issue"? Who is EA suppressing? Ultimately it's their product to offer as they please, and for consumers to buy or not to buy, and for investors to invest or not to invest in the firm, and for competitors who think they can do better, to do so. In what universe is this analogous to the Chinese government suppressing its citizens?

True, some people may not like what EA sells or is, much like many people disapprove of acts between consenting adults, but that scarcely puts it on par with a repressive government.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-02-15 at 02:00 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    What is wrong with people actually defending EA? Im not even going to bother to explain why you SHOULD NOT... Candy Crush pulls it's shit. And its laughable... but it is thanks to EA practices like this even exist these days.

And you are the kind of jackass that would tell Chinese people to leave their country if they don't like to be suppressed by their government.
    not defending EA on that matter at all. It's an horrible business model that disrespect the costumer.

Just saying that if people don't buy it, EA will learn that this practice is not welcome among core gamers. What else can you do really? Angry forum post and angry youtube video can only go so far, we live in a world where only money talks.

Also saying, as a personal input, there are good game coming from EA this past few years, that doesn't pull this monetization crap. it's mostly important, now more than ever, to make informed decision before purchasisng a product. Because our buying habits will dictate the shape of tomorrow's market.

EA soes what EA does, sometimes i approve, sometimes i don't, but at the end of the day, the only lesson they learn comes from my wallet.

Oh and that analogy with the chinese is completely wrong. You don't choose the country you born in, the color of your skin and the language you speak natively. Video gaming however, is a choice and a luxury. You can't possibly even begin to compare them.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    And you are the kind of jackass that would tell Chinese people to leave their country if they don't like to be suppressed by their government.
    Are you saying EA would kill us if we stopped playing their games? I don't see how you can compare Chinese Gov to EA.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k