Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just bumping the thread to say that I finally got all the items I needed from the Battle Maison, so my team is ready to send challengers... flying.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to having to do a clean windows install ive lost the challenger file. Since we didnth ave any active challengers anyways I'm updating the first post to clean up the schedule.

Deleted
    out of curiosity can people fight us with Pokemon showdown?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiggy View Post
    out of curiosity can people fight us with Pokemon showdown?
    No, Showdown gives you access to impossible to get in game things like 3rd gen tutor mons which you shouldnt have by now (legally)

Deleted
    thing is i have access to that legal:
    http://imgur.com/MLuPEGU

in fact my duskclops is running seismic toss

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, if you've got the tools it is perfectly legal to have gen 3 tutor moves in gen 6 games.
    i wouldn't mind playing on Showdown for that matter though I'd prefer playing in-game. Just has a different feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Indeed, if you've got the tools it is perfectly legal to have gen 3 tutor moves in gen 6 games.
    i wouldn't mind playing on Showdown for that matter though I'd prefer playing in-game. Just has a different feel to it.
    I call BS on any legal 6IV+positive nature mon with Gen III Tutor Moves. Breeding back then was horrible pain in the ass and getting 6IVs was just down to ridicilous RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is it is possible. A horrid grind I wouldn't wish on anyone but it was possible.
    The question at hand honestly is how much of an impact do these moves have.

I feel like the effort of training our mons is part of the point of being able to call ourself a gym leader. I vote no showdown.

Deleted
    i just felt it may attract more people because its easier and my friends list is full that's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel free to fight people on Showdown it just wont count for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to shake things up a bit i would like to start a vote on the removal of the recognition battle for the following reasons:

1. Making the tournament unneceseraly longer potentially scaring away challengers.
    2. I dont know bout other leaders but i relied on some gimmicky sets to win. having to do 2 battles you can only do this once and have to bring something else.
    3. It was originally introduced (to my knowledge) to prevent people without knowledge bout IV/EV's to come in which i think never happens.
    4. Is any1 still really adamant on no swithcing for leaders cuz tbh idc anymore and thats the only reason we really had it be 2 battles.

Agreed. No need for recognition. If they lose, you just have to battle again anyway.

As far as the no switching, I think it should be just like any other match between people online, and allow switching. I don't see anything wrong with that.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

I am in agreement with doing away with recognition battler, as well as doing away with the switching clause for gym leaders. That reminds me, are we still using XY for the gym battles, or did everyone move over to ORAS?
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

I have OR and AS, but I have not yet completed them. I got them both for christmas and I need to work on getting my team back, or at least traded over.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    The league runs on the current ORAS smogon rules currently. I also chime in with the notion of removing recognition and no switching rules.

I agree, there is no need for the recognition battle

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted to see what anyone else thought about this, what if we normal rules excluding only legendaries. I feel like there are many banned to ubers now that don't really deserve to be there, I'm looking at you Blaziken, Aegislash, Lucario, and Mawile.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and mega gengar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ocjona View Post
    I agree, there is no need for the recognition battle

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted to see what anyone else thought about this, what if we normal rules excluding only legendaries. I feel like there are many banned to ubers now that don't really deserve to be there, I'm looking at you Blaziken, Aegislash, Lucario, and Mawile.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and mega gengar
    Now questioning the ban of Mawile and Aegislash I can understand, but the others are you actually serious?

Blaziken: Regular Blaziken still has a great enough of Attack stat to say that the combination of said stat+Speed Boost+access to Baton Pass is too much for OU to handle. Mega-Blaziken just makes the stats go into absurd levels.

Mega-Lucario: Adaptabilty Close Combat annihilates pretty much anything that doesn't resist it. If that ain't enough he's got the versatility to run a special set fairly effectively even.

Mega-Gengar: Amazing stats+Shadow Tag. Nuff said in my opinion. Thanks to Taunt and Destiny Bond it can kill offensive and defensive Pokemon alike and thus open up the enemy team to your sweepers like no other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ladies and Gentlemon, we have a new challenger, with one around the corner as well looks like were starting out the new year with a bang

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Now questioning the ban of Mawile and Aegislash I can understand, but the others are you actually serious?

Blaziken: Regular Blaziken still has a great enough of Attack stat to say that the combination of said stat+Speed Boost+access to Baton Pass is too much for OU to handle. Mega-Blaziken just makes the stats go into absurd levels.

Mega-Lucario: Adaptabilty Close Combat annihilates pretty much anything that doesn't resist it. If that ain't enough he's got the versatility to run a special set fairly effectively even.

Mega-Gengar: Amazing stats+Shadow Tag. Nuff said in my opinion. Thanks to Taunt and Destiny Bond it can kill offensive and defensive Pokemon alike and thus open up the enemy team to your sweepers like no other.
    Maybe I just used talon flame too much, cb talonflame one shots all of them. I have never had an issue with them on battle spot.

- - - Updated - - -

just went 8 games undefeated on showdown with a team made entirely of choice band talonflames lol. Maybe he is just overpowered, I'm going to keep trying it later tonight and see how long the streak will go