Thread: Healing Elixirs

Healing Elixirs

I'm working on a weak aura for this talent right now and I've noticed the buff coming up at completely random times BEFORE the 18 second cooldown finishes. The cooldown times seem completely random, I've seen it come up 10 seconds early, 6 seconds early and literally 2 seconds after I just used it.

I never use this talent, so am I just misunderstanding how the cooldown for this spell works? Does it continue the cooldown for the NEXT buff even after you have one up? I've read the tooltip over and over and it just seems like you have the buff until it heals you, then it will appear again in 18 seconds.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonky View Post
    I'm working on a weak aura for this talent right now and I've noticed the buff coming up at completely random times BEFORE the 18 second cooldown finishes. The cooldown times seem completely random, I've seen it come up 10 seconds early, 6 seconds early and literally 2 seconds after I just used it.

I never use this talent, so am I just misunderstanding how the cooldown for this spell works? Does it continue the cooldown for the NEXT buff even after you have one up? I've read the tooltip over and over and it just seems like you have the buff until it heals you, then it will appear again in 18 seconds.
    Based on the tooltip I would assume every 18s it checks whether you have the healing elixir buff. If you do then it does'nt give you one, if you don't then it gives you one.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Babylonius is right, the 18 seconds are just a refresh of the buff that happens no matter when you used your last HE buff.

This is why you can use the buff and get the heal and then 1 second later it refreshes and you can get healed again.

That makes a lot more sense, thanks!