1 week left on the 3k valor part of the legendary quest, how long left?

how long do you think, with average luck it'll take to finish the chain?
    i hope before the new expansion but i may have started too late

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    A month or two really. So no worries.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Couple of quests left, all depending on luck.

Anywhere from 2 weeks to 16 weeks. Enjoy your RNG.
    Last edited by Gliff; 2014-02-08 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What has been said, basically. You'll have to run ToT & SoO a lot if you want to see it before a while. Also, RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Anywhere from 2 weeks to 32 weeks. Enjoy your RNG.
    The very maximum is actually 10 (1 guaranteed from lei shen + 1 from sha of pride) + 6 (same thing) weeks, or 16. (and even less if you do ra-den, being 7+4 = 11)

A good average is ~3-4 weeks for the secrets and ~3-4 as well for the runestones.
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2014-02-08 at 07:04 PM.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    The very maximum is actually 10 (1 guaranteed from lei shen + 1 from sha of pride) + 6 (same thing) weeks, or 16. (and even less if you do ra-den, being 7+4 = 11)

A good average is ~3-4 weeks for the secrets and ~3-4 as well for the runestones.
    I actually had no clue Sha was 100% :X

At the start Lei Shen wasn't 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    All about the RNG, some people are luckier than others. One of my friends just did the secrets part in 3 resets and runestones part in 2 resets, while I spent that long on the runestones part alone. I'm sitting at 2000/3000 valor on my alt and I would be very happy to manage the rest of it in 8 resets.

And just in case you wanted to know how exactly the quest line proceeds:

The next part of the quest line is collecting 20 Secrets of the Empire, which can drop from any boss in Throne of Thunder or the first 8 bosses in Siege of Orgrimmar. That makes it 20 bosses per reset (or 21 bosses if you get to kill Ra-Den, the heroic only boss that comes after Lei-Shen.) Lei Shen, Ra-Den and Sha of Pride have a 100% drop chance.

After that you need 12 Titan Runestones, which can drop from the last 6 (or 7 with Ra-Den) bosses in Throne of Thunder and the first 8 bosses in Siege of Orgrimmar. That makes it 14 or 15 bosses per reset. Lei Shen, Ra-Den and Sha of Pride have a 100% drop chance for these too.

After that you have a solo quest, which might pose a slight challenge, but shouldn't take too long. Finally you get a quest where you collect 5000 Timeless Coins in the Timeless Isle and kill all 4 of the August Celestials. And that's all folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Inward View Post
    The next part of the quest line is collecting 20 Secrets of the Empire, which can drop from any boss in Throne of Thunder or the first 8 bosses in Siege of Orgrimmar. That makes it 20 bosses per reset (or 21 bosses if you get to kill Ra-Den, the heroic only boss that comes after Lei-Shen.) Lei Shen, Ra-Den and Sha of Pride have a 100% drop chance.

After that you need 12 Titan Runestones, which can drop from the last 6 (or 7 with Ra-Den) bosses in Throne of Thunder and the first 8 bosses in Siege of Orgrimmar. That makes it 14 or 15 bosses per reset. Lei Shen, Ra-Den and Sha of Pride have a 100% drop chance for these too.
    Between the Secrets of the Empire and the Titan Runestones there's the quest line where you get the legendary meta gem. It involves a solo scenario, and poking Nalak with the spear created in the scenario. Note that you don't have to kill Nalak for the quest. So you can just grab a tank and healer friend, do your quest and run away (make sure to tell your friends you're done, though).

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, don't know how I forgot about that...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    On average it's probably going to be 6-8 weeks. Most people I watch get 6-7 secrets a week (need 20) and 3-4 runestones a week. Sha of Pride and Lei Shen are 100% drop rates for runestones, so the week you're close on secrets try to do those bosses last, that is if you care about maximizing your chances.

I've seen some disgusting luck though, one of my friends getting 10 titan runestones in one week.

With very good rng, it took me 5 weeks to get all Secrets and Runestones. I'd say a reasonable estimate is 8 weeks. It can vary quite a lot in the end though.