Thread: Simcraft guide

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yeah I commented it out.

Speaking of prot and SimC, what about the TMI window? I remember in previous builds, the stat weights were a mess because the TMI window was 6 seconds and the self-healing from the 2pc + avoidance on gear was throwing off the sim (or at least that's what I gathered from the explanation as to why the stat weights were weird). But now we have an option to choose the TMI window, and even keeping it at the default 6 doesn't return bad stat weights. However, keeping it at 6 gives me a TMI value of around 166k and putting it down to 2 gives me a TMI value of 86k (my ilvl is 574 and I'm using the T16H10 setting)...what is the value I should keep it at? The default 6 or should I make it lower?
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

Added some interesting information to the report in WoD:

If you're ever wondered how much dps you're doing to a primary target while aoeing, well, now you can find out. This will be useful in cases where you want to aoe adds without removing damage from the primary target.
    Unfortunately I can't retrofit this into current MoP simcraft, plus I'm still working some of the kinks out... such as deep wounds not showing up at all.

8-target AoE

1-target

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbar View Post
    Yeah I commented it out.

Speaking of prot and SimC, what about the TMI window? I remember in previous builds, the stat weights were a mess because the TMI window was 6 seconds and the self-healing from the 2pc + avoidance on gear was throwing off the sim (or at least that's what I gathered from the explanation as to why the stat weights were weird). But now we have an option to choose the TMI window, and even keeping it at the default 6 doesn't return bad stat weights. However, keeping it at 6 gives me a TMI value of around 166k and putting it down to 2 gives me a TMI value of 86k (my ilvl is 574 and I'm using the T16H10 setting)...what is the value I should keep it at? The default 6 or should I make it lower?
    The TMI stuff is warlock-magic to me, so I don't want to give you an inaccurate answer. Theck would be the person to ask about that: http://www.sacredduty.net/ or https://twitter.com/TheckPhD
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-05-01 at 03:27 PM.

Deleted

Threads

Why are you guys only using 1 Thread in the optionsmenu. I'm pretty sure your CPUs have more than 1 Core.

Cuz they like doing other things while simming.

Quote Originally Posted by Boernibaer View Post
    Why are you guys only using 1 Thread in the optionsmenu. I'm pretty sure your CPUs have more than 1 Core.
    Probably didn't think about it while making the guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boernibaer View Post
    I wrote this guide when I was still using my 3+ year old laptop as my only PC. It had 4 cores, ye, but didn't like running sim-c with them all.

Copied the profile from simc page to try and edit some stuff but when i simmed it on my pc even without editing i get around 517k instead of the 527k is there any tangible reason this should be happening? Settings are same as default.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Copied the profile from simc page to try and edit some stuff but when i simmed it on my pc even without editing i get around 517k instead of the 527k is there any tangible reason this should be happening? Settings are same as default.
    The "Raid" dps rankings on simulationcraft.org include multiple copies of a few raid buffs. When you sim yourself alone, it only uses 1 skull banner/1 stormlash every 3 minutes, but on that page they are using 3 skull banners + 1 stormlash every 3 minutes.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-05-29 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the question. What did you do differently from where you first got the 527k number?

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    The "Raid" dps rankings on simulationcraft.org include multiple copies of a few raid buffs. When you sim yourself alone, it only uses 1 skull banner/1 stormlash every 3 minutes, but on that page they are using 3 skull banners + 2 stormlashes every 3 minutes.
    Damn I never knew this. Is there a way to add this using an override? Now that i think about it we have like 5-6 stormlashes in our raid and 2 banners never thought about it while simming though.
    Last edited by Bizerk; 2014-05-29 at 12:38 AM.

Damn I never knew this. Is there a way to add this using an override? Now that i think about it we have like 5-6 stormlashes in our raid and 2 banners never thought about it while simming though.
    (Slight mistake on my part, stormlash doesn't duplicate itself in raid simulations like skull banner does, so there's 3 skull banners and 1 stormlash, explanation below)

This part's a bit confusing/we should document it:

I complained during T15 about how warriors in a raid simulation couldn't use their own banner, due to 4 piece t15. Of course raid dps is important, but the way that simc was doing it I thought wasn't optimal. It just dropped a banner out of the sky from no specific warrior every 180 seconds, and disabled using skull banner for each warrior in the raid, which is how storm lash works now.

Someone else changed it so that when a warrior is in the simulation, he/she can individually use their own banner in a raid sim, and the "from the sky" banner was disabled. So now in a raid simulation TG/SMF/Arms all attempt to use skull banner whenever some conditions are present.

Unfortunately, this made it a little weird when adding/removing skull banners/stormlashes when simulating a warrior. The easiest way to add a skull banner to the raid is to import your character as normal, and then scroll to the bottom of the imported profile and type in:

warrior_fury_2h_t16h.simc

Each time that you add that line to the bottom of your simulation, it will add another warrior, who then will add another skull banner. So if you want 3 skull banners total, import yourself and copy/paste that in twice. Unfortunately this will make your simulations take longer as it is simulating another entire character. I was planning to add another override so that we wouldn't have to do this, but since skull banner is being removed I didn't bother.

Adding more stormlashes is easy, just go to the bottom of your profile again, and add in:

override.stormlash=4

That will give you 4 stormlashes.

If you AREN'T simulating a warrior, like your mage alt:

override.skull_banner=4

Will drop 4 skull banners.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-05-29 at 01:07 AM.

SimCraft - Scale Factors

Good morning! (Well, for me it is anyway...)

I guess to start this thread, I'll say that I'm pretty judgmental when it comes to my own performance while raiding. I suppose anyone who takes raiding to some serious aspect is, though.

In my efforts to evaluate various aspects of my own performance, I've opened up SimCraft and have started messing around with things with a general understanding of most settings and the results that it prints out. One of the things I'm not completely understanding is the Scaling Factor readout. To my understanding this is to give me my own personal stat weights specific to my character that was imported. I could then take these stat weights and plug them into WoW Reforge or Mr. Robot to get a more personally-optimized reforge / gemming strategy.

Here are various settings that I have setup in SimCraft and I'll post an image to the Scale Factor readout.

First of all, here's my armory.

The settings I have set in SimCraft:

• Iterations: 25,000
    • World Lag: Low
    • Length: 300 seconds
    • Vary Length: 20%
    • Fight Style: Raid Dummy
    • Target Level: Raid Boss
    • Player Skill: Elite

The stats that I have checked off for analysis in the Scaling tab are:

• Strength
    • Stamina
    • Attack Power
    • Expertise Rating
    • Hit Rating
    • Positive Hit Rating
    • Crit Rating
    • Haste Rating
    • Mastery Rating
    • Weapon DPS
    • Weapon Speed
    • Off-Hand Weapon DPS
    • Off-Hand Weapon Speed

Center Scale Delta: No
    Scale Over: DPS

I imagine some of these are useless to have checked; but then again maybe I'm wrong. I don't see why Strength, Stamina, positive Hit Rating (?), and the Weapon DPS / Speed need to be analyzed as I cannot reforge / gem into these. (Seriously... what is positive Hit Rating??)

Here's the results I obtained with these settings:

===========================

I'm presuming the top line labeled "Scale Factors" are my customized stat weights. But Exp @ 18.92? Hit @ 14.82? If I try to put these numbers into Mr. Robot it tells me I need values greater than 0 but less than 10.

Some general explanations / directions to guides / useful advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to some positive feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am locking this. Please repost here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ft-guide/page6

Edit: merged.
    Last edited by sjsctt; 2014-07-02 at 04:21 PM.

Use the normalized numbers.

Sajakain, don't use the raid dummy option... leave it on patchwerk. You'll likely get similar results, but in some cases you won't. We need to either rename raid dummy or delete it, as it's mostly used for debugging.

And yeah, use normalized numbers.

Collision I know you told me this before but I forgot and can't find the post. What is the override command to change the character's ilvl for simcraft?

We need to either rename raid dummy or delete it, as it's mostly used for debugging.
    That might explain why when I simmed myself with raid dummy the sim had me using execute....I was wondering about that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    Collision I know you told me this before but I forgot and can't find the post. What is the override command to change the character's ilvl for simcraft?
    scale_to_itemlevel=600

I think it attempts to keep your character at hit/exp cap kinda like with challenge mode. Which, unfortunately breaks on WoD since we haven't disabled that aspect of it. If you want to do it on WoD, use this instead:

global_item_upgrade_level=10
    (Upgrades 40 ilevels)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felroar View Post
    That might explain why when I simmed myself with raid dummy the sim had me using execute....I was wondering about that. :P
    Basically the "problem" (feature, really) is that the target dummy has set hp at 50 million. So it will either always die early or die late, based on your simulation time settings. We set the number to the target dummy health on beta so that we can sanity check our models.

It'd be cool if we could get an actual raid dummy feature then, just to be able to actually compare dps on a raid dummy in game vs simmed.

Sajakain, don't use the raid dummy option... leave it on patchwerk. You'll likely get similar results, but in some cases you won't. We need to either rename raid dummy or delete it, as it's mostly used for debugging.

And yeah, use normalized numbers.
    Thanks.

scale_to_itemlevel=600
    Should I be placing this override to? Does it impact the results?

Edit: Placed the override. It put me around 530K DPS lol.
    Last edited by Sajakain; 2014-07-03 at 08:30 PM.