Question SC1&2: Lore/story explanation for Protoss having no healing/repair?

Blizzard made protoss health not heal/repair-able out of both balance and race diversity reasons - but i never found a lore/story explanation as to why protoss can't or won't fix their damaged units.

Since Terran medics and scvs are able to either heal or repair all protoss units, i imagine that protoss do have the technology to fix themselves - but that they refuse to do so out of some spiritual reason... however i could be completely wrong.

Does anyone know the true lore/story reason (either from games or from books) as to why protoss can't/won't heal and repair their own units?

None given. Purely racial diversity.

thanks for replying.

anyone else got their opinion on this topic, or some info about it?

I don't think it's ever explicitly stated, but the idea is that they rely heavily on their shields, which recharge on their own.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

totally speculating, but maybe they just got to comfortable/confident in their shields, and didnt bother developing in any battle field type medic guys?

As long as their shields still hold, they will regenerate over time. It is only after they lose all shield HP that they cannot regenerate anymore of it.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

i am very familiar with the game play aspect of starcraft, so i do know about their shields regenerating etc...

but to me it makes zero sense that a race as extremely advanced as protoss would not have something as simple as medicine/repair shops - especially since terran can easily heal and fix protoss units.

either way i was just looking for a story/lore explanation, if blizzard ever gave any.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    i am very familiar with the game play aspect of starcraft, so i do know about their shields regenerating etc...

but to me it makes zero sense that a race as extremely advanced as protoss would not have something as simple as medicine/repair shops - especially since terran can easily heal and fix protoss units.

either way i was just looking for a story/lore explanation, if blizzard ever gave any.
    Like I said, it's not explicitly stated, but it's just assumed that they rely on their shields on the battlefield to the point they don't expend resources on battlefield medics/repair units.

It's worth noting that Zealots don't actually die in combat, they teleport away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It's worth noting that Zealots don't actually die in combat, they teleport away.
    And Dragoons are Zealots too far gone to be saved without heavy life support.

The protoss could technically repair their own units in SC1 through the use of their Shield Batteries, I believe. Man, now I want to go play some SC1!

It's purely for gameplay reason.

There is no Shield Regeneration! I dont see it!

note that the protoss don't build anything either, every unit and building is warped into the battlefield. also keep in mind the general attitude of the protoss thinking they are superior to everyone else. seems to me like a society built on the 'elite' members of society being the ones out in the universe, while they probably leave their slave caste back on their factory worlds where they can conveniently ignore that they exist. thus leaving no one that is out in the field that is willing to do the menial labor because they are all above that kind of thing.