Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why does every major city invasion fails?

I mean seriously,every time I've tried to do invasion on Orgrimmar or Stormwind that was fail.Had 2 groups with 40 peoples and nothing...FAILED!
    Did you failed or ever killed them and had that city for more than 20 min?

10+ Year Old Account
    Groups usually fail if they are unorganized. You need to go right to the warchief and kill him as a group. The longer you wait, the more people will go and defend the city leader. Also if the other faction is highly populated it'll be a bit more difficult, but still do-able. Your last resort could be to get another 40 man raid group.

Deleted
    Mostly we're unorgainized and that is just sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Regiz Bow View Post
    Mostly we're unorgainized and that is just sad...
    this would be my problem

Deleted
    Ikr we all have that prob :P

Deleted
    Why there are not a single raid that focuses on occypying the city? I cant see why it couldnt work if 80 horde would come and camp at the SW

10+ Year Old Account
    every second you waste more horde/ alliance come to defend, then you have guards constantly spawning, npcs respawning making it difficult to eat/drink so you are slowly whittled away... you need to strike fast and hard

i mean ive no idea how it is on EU servers but on thrall US (horde dominant) we can usually hold the trade dist for hours in SW. . .even at peak hours. i am in no way saying this takes skill, perhaps try leading the group for yourself and things may go better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    every second you waste more horde/ alliance come to defend, then you have guards constantly spawning, npcs respawning making it difficult to eat/drink so you are slowly whittled away... you need to strike fast and hard
    With MoP healers that is no problem

Deleted
    The way we used to do it back in WotLK was to covertly insert a strike team with warlocks, pop out summoning stones and quickly summon pre-assigned groups. Now it's piss-easy, because everyone can just swoop in on their dragons. Just get people on vent/ts/mumble so you can coordinate, get a big enough group and go for the highest value target first (this means Org or SW of course). Don't be misled by anyone proposing to start with the easy ones first - because in a main city even a handful of pvpers prepared for you will cause your raid to fail by basically stalling you until you get overrun. So don't give them that chance. You need to zerg the main boss FAST and one-shot it, or you WILL fail. Remember: every second you delay you lose men while your enemy keeps gaining.

You should take a look at the Emerald Dream server. Don't know if it still happens but back when I played on that serve some of the big alliance and horde guilds would band together and 'occupy' a city for a while, crushing all opposition.

15+ Year Old Account
    Form your group somewhere the Horde won't see - form up in like Ashenvale and then ride south as a 40-man raid (the most epic part of 40 man city invasions is the anticipatory riding!) - penetrate Orgrimmar's back door, and then proceed directly to Garrosh. Pull him, kill him - collect points.

If you have good PvPérs in the raid, tell them to focus on peeling/killing enemy horde - if you have good PvE'rs - cover for them: tell your raid to pick what they feel best at before you start riding so everyone knows what they are doing beforehand.

You can also use worldmarkers if you want - to draw a path through the city at any important turns so people know to follow the markers to get to Garrosh (you can even have a rogue sneak in and mark the path ahead of time).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Me and 4 irl friends 5 manned Garrosh like an hour before it became 2014. The people who tried to stop us got easily killed, and it took very long time to kill Garrosh, but we did it!

What is the problem exactly?

Nearly every enemy city i know is mostly always deserted except for levelers

The only problem is SW and ORG and that really depends on how badly faction imbalance is on your server

My solution go to a server that is heavily imbalanced (doesnt take long to level up a dk now) rape SW or ORG and the rest should fall like domino's

If the others dont then all you gotta do is assign people to keep the exits clear of Enemy players (usually these will be the best geared out of the group) and just rape as quick as you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is, you don't need a group of 40 people (unless you're going specifically for a King / Warchief kill). 40+ players means there will be at least same quantity of defending players (if not more) in the city and this altogether will produce nothing but huge lags from AoE spell splashes and thus kill entire experience and completely disrupt the siege.

I've participated in few attempts to gather a huge WPvP city raid on Defias Brotherhood-EU a couple of times. Once more than 100-120 players got involved in a fight inside SW, the lags became unbearable, for all the participants (regardless of their PC's strength).

The best group for assaulting a city and having fun there should be around 12-15 people, with at least 3 healers and one DK (better in Blood spec) who pulls enemy targets. In both cases the group must know the enemy capital's structure very well and focus on survivalist tactics, based around holding in certain spots which are easier to defend vs. the always outnumbering defending side. Like Mage Tower, Deeprun Tram, a couple of city taverns, closed street in Dwarven District in SW and Cleft of Shadows, large buildings in Valley of Honor and Azshara gates in Orgrimmar.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2014-02-09 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    Faction balance on my realm is 60/40. We can get as far as the keep but not down the boss, around 25 minutes of fighting before overwhelmed (Medium pop realm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Madeleine, in that case you have to do that at night (if you need the boss). Otherwise would be impossible with such faction balance

Deleted
    People on my server have awhile ago. Horde had basicly no Pvp guilds/people and the best raiding guilds were on alliance side too not to mention that they outnumbered us. they had orgrimmar a few times for 2+ hours

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agraynel View Post
    Madeleine, in that case you have to do that at night (if you need the boss). Otherwise would be impossible with such faction balance
    Eh we don't really do it for the boss. The boss is kind of the kick in the face... the salt in the wounds etc for A) Getting invaded B) Letting us walk so much over your city to the point we kill your faction leader. I don't think it'd be as fun if we went in and kerb-kicked the boss.

I don't think it'd be possible at night anyway, you would really struggle to pull around 30-40 people together past 10PM CET on my server.

b.c. ur invading a capital city and should be neigh impossible to do imo.