Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    It also means the mage needs to spend x mana to get that pyro. If you make the card 6+ mana, that also means he can't do anything else of relevance that turn, leaving him vulnerable
    Which is why pyro is generally used as a finisher, with ice block and fireballs, and other combos when you know that you can kill your opponent in 1-2 turns.

Standard MTG hasn't seen too many Demonic Tutor type cards in awhile, most of them have very specific search types. The last two were 5 mana cost cards, and didn't see too much play.

I think blizzard is trying to stay AWAY from "Staple cards" and quite frankly they are doing a damned good job with it so far..

One thing I've noticed is the begining has no "Pot of Greed" or "Ancestrial Recall" cards yes there are a few neutral creatures that let you draw a card but everything is pretty class specific

I'd really rather they didn't make neutral search cards...quite frankly I like having a 30 card deck not a 28 card deck because I have to make room for the searchers

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman Card. 10 Mana. Called Farsight. Wasting one whole turn to draw a card from your deck? No I don't think it would break the game seeing how top decks are more unfair, lol.

In yugioh search spells are so overpowered, all meta decks have them. There could be a weaker search spell in HS though, something like sense demons "Add 1 random murloc/dragon from your deck to your hand"

Only a choice of 3 but it's pretty freaking strong even at that. To be honest it should cost more.

I think if such a card existed it would be in every deck ever, which is stupid. If they wanted to they could just make it an on-use ability that everyone has. But I doubt it.

You may hate RNG but once RNG is removed the game is nothing but bullshit OP combos shoved in your ass by everyone with the ability to google a deck build.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    Shaman Card. 10 Mana. Called Farsight. Wasting one whole turn to draw a card from your deck? No I don't think it would break the game seeing how top decks are more unfair, lol.

Card drawn is totally random, making this either awesome or more often shitty. Generally considered a weak card.

Seeing as the card costs 3 mana, you're just losing 1 card - drawing 1 card, casting 3 mana to save 3 mana. All it does is spillover mana from one round to the next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    In yugioh search spells are so overpowered, all meta decks have them. There could be a weaker search spell in HS though, something like sense demons "Add 1 random murloc/dragon from your deck to your hand"

ahh the good ole days .....

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Yata-Garasu says you know you miss him

Chaos Emperor Dragon with Witch face down activate effect search out Yata..I win

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post

Those two I remember way back in the day were used in Exodia decks I played a couple of those when I use to do weekly tournaments around the time Magician's Force came out man over 10 years ago now I was a freshman in high school damn so long.

Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    And yet every other TCG has cards that let you do that.
    I play Yugioh and MTG, and know for a fact that these card games can manage a searching card. The card that searches usually has a specific cost or requirement behind it, and most generics get nerfed or banned.

Searching for Combo pieces would be too op. Even if it was 10, next turn you would gain so much momentum your opponent would be hard pressed to come back. Use it while you are ahead and you will continue being ahead. The decks are too small to warrant such a card in this TCG.

Although to be fair, there could be some theme specific ones, like search for a 2/xX or a xX/1 from deck or something like the Mage Legendary. Also waiting for Graveyard cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hearthstone doesn't need this. It'd basically turn into 'search for any board sweeper or legendary and put it into your hand.'
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Would be cool, but would never happen.
    Agree, but not for this:

They are trying to design Hearthstone to be played on an iPad. The game isn't complicated, and neither is the UI. This would be way too much for the current UI to handle, and they aren't going to change their design so that the game involves more strategy.
    Why would the UI not be able to handle selecting a card from your deck? You can see all the cards in your 'collection' too, or in a list in your deck construction. Why wouldn't you be able to see that during a game when you play a certain card?

It won't happen because it would allow you to set up very powerful combo's without relying on RNG.

I can imagine things like *Search Your Deck Card* > *Hex* getting annoying really quickly.

I don't play your game, but I played MotG 1st edition back then. It was a very good 'Black' card, and eventually became not tournament-legal.

Not because of Black Decks mind you because we all know that White Decks and Red Decks, with sneaky Blue Decks dominated *, but because they could be used in two or three colors decks (that was of course pretty common).

*(blue/red decks were also very pretty, especially in the very first mouture of MotG...)

With that, you could choose for example a white knight, and block any one black creature black damage. Or better, a circle of protection, white color again, which was a very overpowered card and only balanced with randomness.

In your game as far as I know, it should be carefully introduced if ever. If it is the real Demonic Tutor coming back, it should probably be a warlock card, and costs mana depending if in your Heroes of Warcaft game there's something like a Circle of Protection or not.

Having no clue on that, I think that 6 ressources are a good go to begin with. Which was your choice.