Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What you're describing 99% of the time is not having the 4 or 8 pin power cable plugged into your motherboard. Not the 24 pin, but the other one.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    What you're describing 99% of the time is not having the 4 or 8 pin power cable plugged into your motherboard. Not the 24 pin, but the other one.
    Looks like it's in.
    http://imgur.com/gOPXh7x

got it in as far as i could, even to the point where it grabbed on and still the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Have your PSU tested... But that will void your warranty..

I know this sounds foolish, but on my past builds I've twice recently not had the RAM full seated, even though it had the locks on it and appeared pushed all the way in. I've built tons of comps, but this is something that I've goofed a few times. Thankfully my ASUS z87-plus had a bunch of lights that alert you as to where your hang up is in the boot/power up sequence. Try re-seating the RAM, if not it could just be the aforementioned connection problems. I know a friend with an ASROCK and he's had no problems and loved it so I wouldn't chalk it up to a bad company.

Dude, your ATX12v1 isn't plugged in...

Quote Originally Posted by Tmoney511 View Post
    Dude, your ATX12v1 isn't plugged in...
    I don't even have anything to plug into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockon20000 View Post
    I don't even have anything to plug into that.
    You should. All PSU's come with connections for that. I just looked up your PSU and there are cables for it. If you don't have a 4 pin connector you are going to have to find a adapter.

I don't and i just checked the box and it doesn't say anything about it, it shows all the cables it comes with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockon20000 View Post
    I don't and i just checked the box and it doesn't say anything about it, it shows all the cables it comes with.
    Well that isn't nice. Look online for a adapter.

It is a cable pre attached to the psu, and it will have 2 4-pin connectors that can be used together or separately based on cpu requirement. On your board you will just use the 4-pin and tuck the other out of the way. It says cpu on the side of the cable plug.
    Last edited by aggs; 2014-02-09 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aggs View Post
    It is a cable pre attached to the psu, and it will have 2 4-pin connectors that can be used together or separately based on cpu requirement. On your board you will just use the 4-pin and tuck the other out of the way. It says cpu on the side of the cable plug.
    It is a 6pin connector that says CPU on the side.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry 8 pin and just realized they come apart.. sooo am i supposed to pull it apart and use 4?

Correct, and then post from your new pc when done

here's the thing. I took the CPU out and completely dissassembled everything and put it all back in it's boxes and kinda gave up lol. I now need to go buy thermal paste tomorrow and at the same time i'm going to exchange the power supply since that 24 pin connector is a bitch.

but once i plug that in everything should be good eh?

I really think that is the only problem, besides the 24 pin issue you had, which btw is more likely and issue with the mobo connector than your psu which will have a standard connector.

Alright i'll let you know how it goes tomorrow and if it works or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all the help.

Cool, I will have to check it out

Deleted
    If you can, post a picture of your build showing clearly your motherboard and all its connections. On my first build what you are describing is exactly what happened to me, it turns out my CPU had two different power sockets to fill and i had only used one.

Pretty sure they did just that previously in the thread, and looks to have not located nor connected the 4-pin, but said they would get back tomorrow.

It's the 4 pin connector.