Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There is only 1 quest chain I miss and that is the original Tirion Fordring quest line. The end part in hearthglenn was always amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elite quests

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=4921 This was just THE quest.

Let me see. In no particular order:
    -Alliance Ony quest chain
    -Old Westfall Defias quest chain
    -Old Duskwood Embalmer chain
    -Any of the vanilla/BC attunement chains
    -Dreadsteed quest chain (well all of the lock class quests really)

Class quests, oh how I miss them so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the Linken quest line in Un'goro crater.

They rewarded you with Linken's Sword of Mastery and Linken's Boomerang.

I have to admit, I regret deleting the boomerang...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mankrik's wife.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance Onyxia quest line and the missing Diplomat quest line. Great stories both of them that sort of continued from start to finish if you followed the human path well.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

- All of the class-specific quests. Quests that were usually given by your class trainers and gave you either new abilities or class-specific gear as a reward. I think those made classes feel more unique, and they made alts a lot more fun to level. As a Warrior, I loved the Fray Island / Cyclonian / Fallen Hero stuff. I also loved the Warlock pet/mount quests.

- Battle for the Undercity. I was disappointed when I found out it got removed. I think the official reason was timeline continuity or some bullshit (since Thrall is no longer the Warchief, it would've required updates, etc). Still think it would've been fine to just leave alone.

- The quest chain to upgrade your dungeon set (Valor to Heroism is what I went through on my Warrior). And similarly long quest chains that just sent you all over the world and through multiple dungeons, like Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops.

- Most group quests, like the ones in BC. If any expansion did group quests the best, it was BC.

edit: Oh yeah, can't forget the original Tirion Fordring quest chain in EPL. You think things are looking bad after Taelan gets struck down, then BAM. Here comes Big Daddy to own the bad guy.....if the glitch where Tirion failed to show up didn't happen. That scene had a very major, far reaching impact on future events.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-02-09 at 09:18 PM.

Deleted
    I definitely miss the battle for undercity quests, and always have a little bit of regret that I only saw it from the horde point of view. I almost said the totem quests but then I remembered they were a bit of a pain and I'd probably be grumpy if I had to do them again.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Mankrik's wife quest. Poor Mankrik, your wife was dead the whole time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Missing Diplomat
    Druid form quests
    Battle for the Undercity
    Mallet of Zul'Farrak
    Everything on Teldrassil

Actually, slightly off topic here I guess, but what happens to Putress now? Battle for the Undercity was where you got to see the retaliation against him. How is that explained now? He launched barrels of....whatever that green shit was at the Wrathgate battle. This caused great losses on both Horde and Alliance sides, including two of their major heroes/leaders (Bolvar and Saurfang Jr). So now that the Battle for the Undercity is gone, would a new player going through this just watch Putress ride off into the sunset, never to be seen or heard from again, with no real response from the Horde/Alliance leaders or explanation as to what happens with him?

I just realized I haven't played through that area again since the quest got removed.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-02-09 at 09:53 PM.

I'll chime in with Battle for the Undercity. But only Horde side. Alliance was crap. The first boss you spent 2/3 of the time being eaten by a worm, and there was an absurd amount of running time.

I liked the concept of class quests back in Vanilla, but they were all quite meh. Druid aquatic form quest was awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

The level 40+ quests the dwarf gave you in Westfall where you'd have to go in several places all across the world... and the reward was a trinket when used you blew fire out of your mouth. It was such a nice item... I sold it by mistake... I was really sad

Homophobia is so gay.

I really enjoyed the Paladin Epic Mount Quest @ 60 - That was damn hard back then.
    Also did enjoy the Hunter weapon/staff/quiver quests - i never got to finish that off.
    Some of the lvl 60 top rank spell tomes you had to farm for - that was a cool thing.
    An the "Light and how to Swing it" quest. Still have the book on my pally but can't finish the quest off.

Ammo for Rumbleshot

warriors berzerkstance.
    that long Qchain that starts from the wrecked boat in southern ungoro.
    Onyxia chain.
    brd princess Qline
    the stones that binds us
    the phrophecy of mosharu (sucks blizz didnt give it a worty ending thou).
    paladin mount/warlock mounts had rly nice long Qchains.
    Aq scepter Qline were awesome (except the first part where you needed to farm rep... that sucked)
    Tirion fordring Qline in epl.
    that horde Qline where you killed the crimson courier then got a disguise.
    Arathi highlands princess Qline.
    several class quests was pretty awesome in vanilla.
    all of the Jintha alor elite Qs in hinterlands
    The battle for hillsbrad and that elixir Qline that both went throu the entire hillsbrad foothills together and ended in that dwarven elite bunker for hordes.
    Stromgarde keep elite Qs
    all the elite Qs in duskwood for alliance..
    The darrowshire Qline.

hmm and prety much ever other elite Q not mentioned here. those are the qs you remember, the long chains, the hard elite Qs. stuff that actually was a challenge and not soemthing you solod in 5min then was done.. faster =/= better when it comes to quests and leveling.