Addon that shows "Target of target" on nameplate?

In arena I have everything bound to arena123 macros so everything I do is instant and easy accept for targeting. I'm trying to negate the need to target anything in arena by putting all the information that you would normally see while targeting over peoples heads. I need to find a way to show the "target of target" on the nameplate instead of on the portrait. Is this possible?

"target of target"? sounds like you just want "target"

Deleted
    From an API point of view, it's possible (you can match arena1 through arena3 to nameplates as far as I'm aware, and all of those should have respective -target unitIDs).

No what I'm saying is. You know how in the blizzard interface you can turn on "target of target" which allows you to see what your target is looking at? I want that on the name plates instead of on the portrait.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually is it possible to replace the nameplates over peoples head with the blizzard portraits? that would be exactly what I'm looking for. I need to be able to see all the information on a portrait without targeting it.

The best you can really hope for is an addon that updates info on mouseover. It requires you to roll your mouse around nameplates to see/refresh the information, but at least you can do that quickly without clicking to re-target all the time.

I've used TidyPlates / Threat Plates for that in the past. Won't give you all information but it does give target information. I'm sure there are plenty others that do similar.
    Last edited by pnutbutter; 2014-02-10 at 09:03 AM.

There is no way to replace nameplates with blizzard portraits?

by portrait do you mean the whole unit frame or just the picture of the character's face?

Like the portrait when you target someone. The whole unit frame. Instead of being on your UI it would be over their heads.

Yeah, unfortunately you would have to either target or mouseover the unit in order to be able to transfer that unit's complete information to the nameplate. If they're not your target or mouseover the only info you can get for the nameplate is health and name.

Deleted
    Well, if the addon was specifically designed for arena, arena1-3 are always available, so you wouldn't have to target/mouseover for information to update.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Well, if the addon was specifically designed for arena, arena1-3 are always available, so you wouldn't have to target/mouseover for information to update.
    Yeah, I guess if it relies on matching names with the assumption that all enemies have unique names. I didn't think of that.

Don't know any arena addons that provide it, though.

Deleted
    Last I checked you could retrieve GUID from nameplate, and UnitGUID will work just fine on arena opponents.

I didn't know you could do that.

I just looked at ElvUI, TidyPlates, and KuiNameplates, and they all use this method in some incarnation
    Code:
    function getUnit(nameplate)
        if UnitExists("target") and nameplate:GetAlpha()==1 then
            return "target"
        elseif select(3,nameplate:GetChildren():GetRegions()):IsShown() then
            return "mouseover"
        end
    end
    The only place I see a guid originating is from calling UnitGUID() after getting the unitID.

so what does this all mean for me? lol I have no idea what your talking about.