10+ Year Old Account

[SPOILER] Hunter X Hunter post 62

Just started watching Hunter X Hunter and absolutely loved it. Sadly it seems to have abruptly stopped after episode 62 and moved on to something called OVA. Anyways, this OVA thing isn't dubbed so I can't be arsed to watch it. Therefore I wonder if anyone could throw some spoilers and give a summary of what happens post episode 62. Mainly curious about the current spider arc, as it just cut the series in the middle of it.

Sorry could you remind me the last thing you just saw? I read the manga so I can tell you what happens but I don't know what this episode 61 contained.

Hunter X Hunter is actually on episode 115 English Subbed perhaps what you watched is the older series that's dubbed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Sorry could you remind me the last thing you just saw? I read the manga so I can tell you what happens but I don't know what this episode 61 contained.
    In episode 62 Phantom Troupe is massacering everyone in Yorknew City. Kurapika refuses Gon and Killulas help with the Phantom Troupe. In the end of the episode it's about to be a showdown between Killulas father and the leader of the Phantom Troupe. Not sure how accurate the manga is compared to the anime tho, supposedly the 2011 version of the anime is a lot more true to the manga.

Kay I'll spoil it for you:

The leader of the Troupe fights Killua's Dad and grandpa. Leader basically dodges the attacks (with a lot of effort) and notices grandpa has a nice nen move. He tries to steal the nen move but the grandpa is too smart. Eventually Killua's Dad kind of gets the leader into place and the grandpa tries to attack both of them, but they both escape. And then for some reason or another they decide to end the fight. Danchou says Killua's grandpa is strong, and Killua's grandpa says if Danchou was fighting at full strength then Danchou might have won.

Uhhhh I might be repeating things but: Phantom Troupe murder the 10 mafia leaders or whatever. There's this one guy, reinforcement nen user, big guy, who kills them. Kurapika kidnaps him.

Later on the Phantom Troupe members track down the big guy (Kurapika is out attending to auctions or something), and the big guy tries to rematch Kurapika while no one else is around (I forgot where they go). Kurapika reveals that when he uses his scarlet eyes, he can use specialization nen, and he kills the big guy with his chains.

So now the Phantom Troupe wants revenge. It's kind of complicated, where Leorio, Killua, and Gon have to help Killua out. (He reveals that he's the "chain guy" to them. Before one of the Phantom members used an ability to check their memories but they didn't know. Now they do.)

So some of the phantom members end up in a hotel, with Gon and Killua hostage. Eventually the lights go out in the hotel at the exact moment their memories get checked again, and Gon and Killua injure some Troupe members (but are still captured), but Kurapika used his chains and caught Danchou.

Eventually the arc ends by Kurapika trading Danchou for Gon and Killua, but Kurapika places a chain around Danchou's heart so he can't use nen nor can he speak to Troupe members. Hisoka leaves the Troupe as a chance to fight Danchou, but since Danchou is powerless there's no glory in it and Hisoka decides not to fight. And the memory ability user in the Troupe uses her ability to transfer her memories (about the Chain guy's face, powers, etc) to the rest of the Troupe members, but this kills her since Kurapika placed a chain around her heart too.

And the arc ends by Gon and Killua changing their plans from buying greed island to becoming game players for this rich guy who has a bunch of copies of the game.

Kurapika becomes sick with a fever from using his power so much (there's a reason for this but lol you should watch it to find out). And the next Greed Island arc begins, with Troupe members kind of disordered because Danchou is gone, memory girl is dead, Hisoka left, etc, and Danchou looking for a nen remover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xytech View Post
    Not sure how accurate the manga is compared to the anime tho, supposedly the 2011 version of the anime is a lot more true to the manga.
    Both the original series and the 2011 series follow the manga fairly well, but the original series got cut off rather than ending properly. The 2011 series has made it past the point where the original series ended and then has adapted a few arcs further, and is still ongoing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Kay I'll spoil it for you
    Thanks! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Both the original series and the 2011 series follow the manga fairly well, but the original series got cut off rather than ending properly. The 2011 series has made it past the point where the original series ended and then has adapted a few arcs further, and is still ongoing.
    Well, I read the manga instead of the anime, but I do know there are some differences with the original anime. The worst offender, IMO, is cutting out the Hisoka vs. Kastro fight, which is the part that hooked me to the series to begin with. It seems the original OVAs are a lot better about following the manga, but you still don't get the Chimera Ant or Chairman Election arcs.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Well, I read the manga instead of the anime, but I do know there are some differences with the original anime. The worst offender, IMO, is cutting out the Hisoka vs. Kastro fight, which is the part that hooked me to the series to begin with. It seems the original OVAs are a lot better about following the manga, but you still don't get the Chimera Ant or Chairman Election arcs.
    the new animated series is currently airing the Chimera Ant arc and will eventually get to the next part (afaik)

@op you can watch the new animated series here http://www.crunchyroll.com/hunter-x-hunter which finishes the part you are watching and continues on following the manga

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    the new animated series is currently airing the Chimera Ant arc and will eventually get to the next part (afaik)

@op you can watch the new animated series here http://www.crunchyroll.com/hunter-x-hunter which finishes the part you are watching and continues on following the manga
    True. I was referring to the original anime, which is what the op was following.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.