Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I'm not sure why I'm being indirectly attacked here.

I legitimately don't understand why LFR is this way. Surely there could at least be some modicum of challenge or coordination required and people would still be able to complete it in a timely manner and perhaps derive some sense of accomplishment from completing it. i just feel empty, I don't like that.
    Because you made a stupid post. You're complaining about patch 5.0 LFR and expecting everyone else to chime in saying "yeah LFR is too easy and sucks!" Go do SoO LFR wing 3-4 and tell me how that goes. Even wing 2 has given me problems.

Of course I realise this is old and easy content. But dear god, how does having such a terrible experience present help the game in any way?
    I helps the people who don't wanna put in the time(or have the the time) to grind out gear, join a leveling guild, raid at a schedule, etc. And while it's terrible to you, it does work for other people, hence you find people doing it.

Personally i find LFR too easy and at times annoying as people didn't know what they were doing and led the raid to many wipes. But i work for an airline and have no such thing as a fixed schedule. So I can't be part of a raiding guild. But that's where Flex comes in.

WoW gives options for all kinds of players. Now i can enjoy flex raiding at my own pace and have a character geared and experienced enough to join normal(and sometimes heroic) PUGs on my server.

What i wanna know is why is this getting your panties in a bunch. You do know that LFR isn't the only difficulty option right? Or are you here to let everyone know just what a pro and hardcore gamer you are and that LFR is an insult to your awesomeness. Cause if that's the case, you're failing miserably.
    Last edited by Demoncrash; 2014-02-10 at 01:43 PM.

I had no idea what was happening, what I should do, what the strategy was or how the hell I was even supposed to play Resto Sham.
    Im sorry, but LFR is made EXACTLY for people like you, either too bad or too lazy to actually perform. YOU are the one who went in without any idea on anything and with crap gear... So, keep doing LFR and get carried or you could stop being part of the problem and actually carry the people who are like you in the group (yes, if everyone shows up like you did, you cant kill even these ERMAGHERD SO EASY bosses)

this is nothing different from any other xpansion at the end. vanilla, smashed through MC ZG and BWL in pugs towards the end. BC, i shaman tanked kara and smashed thru SSC TK Hyjal and BT with my alt in pugs. Wrath, helped lead 3 different GDKPs thru ICC and ToC, 2 were heroic ICC and all 3 were ToGC. Cata, smashed thru Heroic DS in pugs. so i excpect 5.0 LFR to be faceroll as all hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    And "Rift", you do realize that a rift healer has like... 2x as many useful spells with no fear of ever running out of mana?
    I was so sad that they nerfed -car builds. Those were fun.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Personally, it's rare for me to see a LFR group that does poorly. All these horror stories of LFR groups and the mass exaggerations of the players in their all baffle me because I've done LFR since DS and the amount of bad groups is less than ten. Maybe US players are just generally crap
    It depends on the content. Because everyone has to do Sha of Fear for their legendary quest, you get much more competent groups on average. (Having said that I wiped to Tsulong enrage the other day, but anyways)

Same actually with Pinnacle of Storm and Lei Shen in ToT right now. Everyone needs to do it for the legendary quest no you just fly through it now. Every time I kill it, at least 5 people get the heart.

10+ Year Old Account

I legitimately don't understand why LFR is this way. Surely there could at least be some modicum of challenge or coordination required and people would still be able to complete it in a timely manner and perhaps derive some sense of accomplishment from completing it. i just feel empty, I don't like that.
    Do LFR for present tier mate, unless half of your group knows what they are doing or over gearing zerging doesn't really work there. LFR > FLEX > normal > heroic. As you see LFR is the lowest option for raiding. If you dislike LFR that much... Try something else to gear up and see more. There are other options for the game then just raiding

LFR is meant for EVERYONE to see the content and experience it, w/o joining any serious guild. But even then... If you end up in a bad group it is not easy to zerg through things. If you end up in a good group you can AFK through it.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-02-10 at 01:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

LFR was slightly (VERY slightly) challenging around the release of 5.4.

Guess what happened?

The people facerolling the content you did and found incredibly boring ran into a brick wall, because almost all of them are terrible players. Not casual, "I play 2 nights a week after work" kinda players that LFR was originally intended for. No. Actual stand-in-the-fire-while-doing-no-DPS terrible. They do that while screaming at the tanks and healers for not doing their job, ironically.

So LFR is this way because the community demanded it. They're not looking for engaging content or a challenge. They want the fastest, easiest content available to plow through without speaking to one another so they can get their easy loot.

Thus why almost everyone who has raided seriously at one point or another looks at LFR mostly with disgust.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Want challenge? Do durumu lfr, 4 wipes yday because 50%+ of the raid will die on the beam.
    He dies before the first beam now, the mechanics mean nothing. If the dps is too slow to kill before the beam, it's a wipe 98% of the time. There is no learning or skill, people know to just continue facerolling & purplez will drop from the sky. Pretty sad, honestly.

LFR was created to allow EVERY player to see ALL of the end game content. People call it shit now that they do normal and want the raids to be exclusive, but if you had no guild and no way to get into raids, you'd be one of the thousands that complained for almost half a decade at how they could never see the end game content.

It's not made for difficulty, it's made so people can see it and get the loot. You want to raid? Do Flex, or even Normal. But you joined really late in the patch, everyone is cheesing everything in SOO now and it's boring as hell.

There are 3 LFR wings which are basically faceroll now for a few different reasons. The other ones vary, not going to put a guess on how often you wipe though since I don't keep track of that.

1. 1st wing of MSV LFR, people love to run this for Sha Crystals. Just absolutely faceroll.

2 and 3. Terrace and Pinnacle of Storm. People are forced to run these for their legendary quests. There are 2 large groups who make up the majority of those still on it: 1. Flex raiders who werent motivated to do the legendary quest before LFR. 2. Alts. Now generally, if you have an alt, you care about the game in some respect and are generally better than your average player.

Both of those types of players are better than average LFR players and, for Flex raiders, outgear it by a lot. That makes those 2 wings go real fast.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe my memory is going but I swear when I joined a Naxx or Ulduar pug back in WotLK after ICC came out people still needed to at least have some clue of what they were doing if they wanted to succeed.
    Do pugs with at least Flex difficulty and I think you'll enjoy raiding a lot more.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

LFR is too easy. I need a challenge.
    that's what flex, normal, and heroic is for. there's already a solution to your problem.

LFR is like pee wee football. it serves a useful purpose. you don't toss a 10 year old into an NFL game. if your older than 10 then you don't belong there.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2014-02-10 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    ...(*: It's true for all writer/director/developper/etc except Georges Lucas, obviously. Han shot first. )...
    When will people stop spreading misinformation... Han didn't shoot first... Han shot and Greedo died... there was no second shot... only one shot. When there is only one of something you don't say it was first... first implies there was at least a second.

Back on topic... LFR is not real raiding nor is it really fun. People use it for free loots and to see content... if you want the raiding experience do as others have suggested and join a Flex. As to wanting to quit after playing through an old raid on LFR... only you can determine if it's worth your time or not.

Deleted
    Maybe my memory is going but I swear when I joined a Naxx or Ulduar pug back in WotLK after ICC came out people still needed to at least have some clue of what they were doing if they wanted to succeed.
    And give you've already said you just wandered into a group not knowing anything or even how to play the spec you'd chosen, how long do you think you'd last in a group like this?

I've been a long-time raider in Rift as well as some WoW back in WotLK and I've just returned to the game this weekend.

I smashed out the leveling and got from 80 to 90 over about a day and a half and then tonight after work I decided to try LFR to get some gear etc.

Dear god, what was that?

I had no idea what was happening, what I should do, what the strategy was or how the hell I was even supposed to play Resto Sham. But apparently none of that matters. I was absolutely flabbergasted, the fact that I can show up like that and get loot just blew me away. I was immediately extremely bored and I actually now want to put the game away and never play again. That is NOT raiding.

How can people enjoy that and in what universe is it supposed to encourage me to continue playing? It made me want to actively quit. I've heard that LFR is terrible etc, but I never thought it would be quite that bad. FFS we solo tanked Sha of Fear to 20% and then he died and we did the last 20% with no tank at all. Dafuq?

*Obviously I understand this is nothing like proper raiding, get a guild, experience it properly etc*

I'm just at such a loss for words right now, I don't even.
    Ok, here's how it works:

LFR = Very Easy
    Flex = Easy
    Normal = Normal
    Heroic = Hard

What's so hard to understand about that? You can't bash a game or base any opinion whatsoever on a raiding experience from playing that game or raid in its very lowest difficulty level. It is SUPPOSED to be easy and simple and be the most basic of first steps into said game or raid.

Deleted
    "I played a game on easy and it was easy! WTF!?"

What were you expecting?

Sha of Fear LFR? lol?

1. This content is over a year old.
    2. Most likely over half your raid severally outgeared it. This boss was intended for people at 470 item level.
    3. You came into contact with LFR.
    4. It's LFR.

I legitimately don't understand why LFR is this way. Surely there could at least be some modicum of challenge or coordination required and people would still be able to complete it in a timely manner.
    I had no idea what was happening, what I should do, what the strategy was or how the hell I was even supposed to play Resto Sham.
    But you see if it was more challenging there would be a lot more wiping because 3 of 6 healers would have no idea how to play their class or what to do on the encounters, not to mention tanks and healers.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sha of Fear is 2 patches ago! Easy? No shit, Sherlock. Of course it's easy!

Just about everyone out gears the crap out of that place. You can get almost as good (or better with Burdens) from Timeless Isles easy.