Daily Recipe Research

Is there really any need to do this? I'm referring to Hardened Magnificent Leather and Celestial Cloth specifically. I understand the PVE pants and belt benefit, but with the PVP crafting becoming IMO obsolete, it would seem a better investment to sell the crafts. I just wanted to get a feel for this, especially with the devs confirming there will be no new PVP recipes for the new season.

Any word on how crafters will obtain the patterns for the next line of crafted PvP gear next session?
    There will not be a set of crafted PvP gear for the new season. (holinka)

By "sell the crafts" do you mean sell the Hardened Magnificent Leather and Celestial Cloth? If so, those are both bind on pickup so you would be out of luck on that. The research is a by-product of creating the actual materials, so if you're going to sell any of the products of those materials, you're going to end up learning the recipes anyway.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Oops, my bad on my wording. What I meant to say was instead of making the BOP materials, would it be better to just sell the cloth and leather? There's already a weak demand for the PVP crafts and now with the bigger discrepancy between honor and crafted gear, I'd only presume the demand will further weaken.

Thanks for the response.

only if you don't think you can get money selling the PvE gear.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still do both cd's daily. The cloth and leather belts still sell for 5-7k on Dragonblight so I feel it is worth it. I think after this round of crafting I will stop because as you said, the pieces are getting obsolete. At that point I think the materials will sell for more!

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes 42 Magnificent Hides to make 1 belt. On my realm, Hides go for 200g each on average, or 8400 gold. Belts go for 5k, Pants go for 7k. Yea, ppl are selling them at a loss atm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Tbh I still find it mind-boggling that LW research takes 2 hides per day...

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that with the LW research daily you also have the chance to learn the recipe for the largest LW bag currently available. Depending on your server, that can be a nice little earner.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

I'm using them to gear alts (with belts at least). Tried selling them for weeks now for the aforementioned 5-7k, no takers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the research setup...

... except for Leatherworkers... So much god damn pvp gear.. I had almost researched all the PvP gear before I even had found the rest of the epic leggings and belts..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I like the research setup...

... except for Leatherworkers... So much god damn pvp gear.. I had almost researched all the PvP gear before I even had found the rest of the epic leggings and belts..
    No kidding. I started back in December and have all patterns on my BS and tailor by middle of last month. My LW, meanwhile, still has at least another month to go to learn all the patterns. LW should've been able to learn 2 patterns a day with how many pvp patterns they are capable of acquiring.