10+ Year Old Account

Good Recording Microphone

Hi everyone!

I'm attempting to do some recording, however my process of doing it is kind of strange. I wear a mask while doing it to play a character. However when I do so obviously the sound is muffled. I was wondering if there is an easy way to work around this? Any mic set ups or mics to use.

Cheers!

Having a mask in between you and the mic is going to muffle your no matter what you do. You might be able to get a small mic and tape it to the inside of the mask and get better quality, as long as you find a good position for it that won't have you breathing on it or whatnot.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I was thinking. Is there anyone else in the world (rockstars, youtubers, etc.) who do that? I know it will sound muffled, but is there a way to minimize it without a tiny mic (I assume those are pretty expensive) and in post production?

Synthaxx what microphone arm did you go with? I need one for my AT2020 that hopefully would clamp to the armature on my monitor stand but I haven't had much luck locally and searching for "microphone stand" or clamp is polluted with shit I don't need.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    so that's why it's called a condenser mic.