Heroic Immers, Ele Questions

I thought about it. I posted this in the ele shaman guide thread, but I think it ought to have a thread, because why not:

Snip:

I was lucky enough to get warforged shoulders from Dark Sham the first week my guild start carrying my shaman. If I'm well over the hit cap, can I drop the spirit gems in my shoulders? Should I still look to get the socket bonus? Also, I realize the timeless isle trinket is terrible, and the warforged cleave trinket is terrible for single target DPS, but what else should I be looking to upgrade?

My guild will be putting me in this week's heroic immers, I think. I'm excited to be trying heroics the first time back during MoP, been such a hiatus. I really need help as far as priority in playstale as far as single target goes. Any help is appreciated:

Drop Fire Eletotem during the start of p1, blow CD (berserk, eng gloves use, Ascendance)
    Whenever lust will be, drop first of the 2 shaman's in our raid Stormlash
    fire shock
    lvb
    Ele blast
    earth shock with 7 stacks
    lb
    keep searing totem maintained when w/o fire eletotem
    Earthbind totem before puddles in p2 are targetable
    Replace with chain lightning if 3 or more are grouped during split phase as SOON as puddles are targetable.

Also, I'd post armory but it appears that I'm not above the spammer reputation here.
    If you'd like to help my armory:
    Wow armory
    Bleeding Hollow (US HORDE)
    Deathrites

TANKS LOT

Deleted
    Hi.. A lot of questions there. Not going to go into the gearing stuff. Use what you have.. HC Immersius is a fight with lots of adds, so cleave trinket could be viable.

I assume you know your basic elemental shaman rotation (if not, check this guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_J1w...3Q9ueLFtFtENqp )
    For heroic Immersius you need to be aware that around 15 seconds after the pull, the boss will start putting a debuff on you which stacks every time one of your spells hit the boss. Any more than 4-5 stacks of this debuff -really- hurts. 6 stacks is almost a oneshot.
    Glyphs recommened: Glyph of Shamanistic Rage (self dispell), Glyph of Chain Lightning
    Talent: Earthgrab is nice for p2 adds, but they shouldnt cause you much problems.

Usually you'll start the fight with placing your fire elemental totem just before the pull, pop heroism + stormlash, fire shock, lava burst, ele blast, ascendance. Continue attacking the boss until ascendance is over. Use you shamanistic rage to dispell yourself when you have 4-5 stacks of the debuff and then stop dpsing boss when you have another 3-4.
    Cleave the adds that spawns down with your glyphed chain lightning. When adds are dead, dps boss untill you got 3-4 stacks, then kill adds again. Rinse & repeat untill p2.

And that's basicly it.. After each P2 you'll have about 10-15 seconds before the boss starts putting debuffs on you, so you want to time your second ascendance to that.

Ok, so the secret to Immersius is to scumbag the adds like no tomorrow. You'll mostly likely lust on pull, but don't use your CDs there. Wait the 15 seconds for the adds to pop up, and:
    (For this fight, you pick up the Primal Elemental and Echo talents)
    1) Ascendance + Ancestral Guidance(Lots of shit will want to kill you) + Spirit Walkers (You're gonna be moving) + Other CDS
    2) Fire Elemental Totem
    3) Spam Lava Beam and reap in that sweet DPS.

Be sure to use your cleave trinket here too. Your job is to kill adds, forget the boss.
    GG, profit.

I rarely kill the adds. NOT because I am lazy or couldn't, but we have a warlock and an arcane mage in the group, so i usually don't even get to see the adds... But yeh, take the glyph of Shamanistic Rage, then you can fully use your acendance on the boss.

If there's no dps adds near you during the split, feel free to spam a few heals on some healing mobs to help healers out. :P

Heh, because the hunter and lock do such massive AOE, and because we end up gathering all 50 adds pretty much at once (in one spot), my chain lightning would be quite inconsequential. I only drop an EQ on the stack and continue to focus the boss. We all stay in the same platform for the most part. We lust on pull and most of us burn the boss for the entire P1 fight segments. With glyphed SR I am able to drop a SBT and then purge my own stacks when damage begins to eat through that, We accrue stacks faster than others thanks to mastery procs and EOE procs. By the time we all move to the same marker for mass dispel I'm ready for a second dispel, and that pretty much wraps up all the adds.

As ele, I feel it's important to single target the boss because we can purge ourselves and we can hit him more times per minute than most any other class due to EOE/mastery, which leads to all the adds popping up faster and heavy AOE classes with no upper limit on their amount of AOE targets can mop those up quickly.

If adds came out 5 at a time, we'd be the best class to AOE.

Unless you're super lucky with the classes you'll be doing Immerseus with (AKA no Arcane Mage/Destro Lock/Warrior/Survival Hunter), you'll likely lose a vast amount of DPS running with the cleave trinket (especially since you practically don't get the phase 1 adds after his second submerge).

Usually the adds spawn in our raid, everyone's screen freezes, the warrior yells on TS "YEEHHHH SPASTICSTORMMMM" and we unfreeze to see him doing 8.9 billion DPS.