10+ Year Old Account

[TV] True Detective six minute single take tracking shot (Amazing!!!)

Opinions? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U

I seriously think this is one of the best continues tracking shots ever done, and just a note, there were some "edit points" (pan to the sky) just in case they did need to cut, but in fact the whole scene WAS continues. I am loving this show, can't wait for episode 5.
    "Far left is communism, far right is Anarchy, be aware that you do not stray to far either way”
    "If we are confronted with differences in opinion, the chemicals that are released in the brain are the same ones that try to ensure our survival in dangerous situations."

15+ Year Old Account
    I do agree, I wasn't expecting it but the final 20 minutes of this show just changed it's mood entirely, pretty damn intense, and then they throw this 6 minute tracking shot at us and my brain just exploded. Only 4 episodes in and I'm not afraid to say it's the best...lets see..Writing, directing, acting, lighting, cinematography, to ever be on a TV show. Hell, I love Game of Thrones, but haven't bought a box set yet, but this show, this show right here, day one buy for me when that box set comes out. Really hoping this show wins some awards, it deserves every single one of them.

If i think of best steadicam shots "children of men" and "atonement" come to mind.

This show is the best thing that happened to TV since breaking bad ended.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

ya amazing scene. amazing show. the only thing that worries me is that they already said that the show is gonna 1 season stories/characters with every season being a new cast and story. so after this season, those 2 awesome actors are gone. what im HOPING will happen is that since its only 1 season per cast, it will entice other A-listers to play main characters since its only for 1 season and they can go on to do other stuff.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    If i think of best steadicam shots "children of men"
    I agree. It's just an amazing scene. Same as the part when the car is attacked. Alfonso Cuarón did an amazing job directing the film.

Should probably push this as a True Detective megathread. It's probably the best show on air at the moment, filling the gap left behind by both The Wire and Breaking Bad. The show itself feels like a combination of SeVen and The Wire.

And that 6 minute shot is one of the most impressive things I've seen in a TV show ever.